• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you have an imaginary friend when you were younger?Yes or no?

Laika

Premium Member
President Nixon was my imaginary friend.

giphy.gif

I was going to say something like that, except did you know at the time that God was a fictional character that you made up?

I wasn't sure. I think it just started out that the adults at school talked about God, so I played around with the idea hoping there was something more to it.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Do imaginary lovers count?

I never had an imaginary friend until I heard about the concept as a boy. Seeing that no invisible friends showed up in my life, I created an imaginary girlfriend who was older than me. Thankfully, she was never arrested and put behind bars for destroying my innocence. :p

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
My imaginary friend used to steal cookies and drink from dad's wine reserve then I would get blamed for the watered down wine. The imaginary dog would , at times, eat my homework leaving me with more problems. (hic-cup)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No imaginary friends in my early life but usually at least one good friend from an early age. Now they are all mostly imaginary. :oops:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Did you have an imaginary friend when you were younger?Yes or no? For me yes.:)
No, my friends in my young age were what are considered real. However, my definition of what is real or what is imaginary has changed. For example, I thought that Gods were real, now I know Gods are imaginary.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No, my friends in my young age were what are considered real. However, my definition of what is real or what is imaginary has changed. For example, I thought that Gods were real, now I know Gods are imaginary.

I know where you're coming from, but I prefer the term "illusory." "Imaginary" implies fantasy, and there are those who find the gods to be quite real, and I make it a point not to say things to offend or destroy another's path.

I understand that not everyone sees the world from my perspective.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I agree. Illusory better describes it than imaginary. There, but not there. :)
But the more important news from India is waiting and I do not know where to put it. You will see it soon.