• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did You Have An Ancestor Baptized for the Dead And Are Ticked Off?

Dezzie

I remember a long while ago when I was LDS I went to a temple and baptized the dead. It was kind of akward to me because I didn't know any of the names the guy was saying.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Oh, do I ever love Robert Kirby. He was the only reason I stuck with the Salt Lake Tribune for 35 years. I used to get so annoyed when I'd read all of the anti-Mormon letters to the editor, and if there was a way to put an anti-Mormon slant on a news story, the Trib would find a way to do it. I kept wanting to switch over to the Deseret News (which I take now, and which is just about as bad but in the other direction), but didn't think I'd be able to survive without Robert Kirby's column. Thanks for posting this. If only more Mormons could be like him, maybe we'd be a whole lot better liked.

you'll receive an attractive certificate of proxy excommunication worthy of framing. Simply present the certificate to whoever is in charge on the other side.
Unless it's the Mormons. If that's the case, then we're both in a lot of trouble.

:D