• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you change your view?

After being on this forum and debating/listening to others view did you change your view?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Got doubts about my current belief/view

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GoodbyeDave

I did change my view, from Christian to polytheist, but that was before I came here and the result of a lot of philosophical and theological study, not chats on the web.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
As everyone know there are a lot of different religious and none religious view here on the site. So was just wondering if anyone have ever changed their view. Meaning an atheist becoming a theist and vice versa. If a theists change their religious view, so like going from Christian to JW (Still Christian) or Muslim etc.?

Obviously it would be interested to hear what made you change you mind?

But also to hear what the topic was, like did you change your view on the age of the Earth? Evolution? Climate change and so on, so it doesn't necessarily have to be religious, but some major topic, so not all kinds of small details :)

I've modified my view. I thought maybe there might be somebody about that know something about God. Now I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone that knows anything about God.

Can't say it was only because of the forums though. The forums mostly supplies opposing opinion. Up to the individual to further investigate anything being claimed.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
No changes due to RF. I joined in 2011 when I was already embracing Hinduism. Before that, after abandoning Christianity over the course of several years, I considered myself an agnostic deist. I dabbled in Heathenry and Tibetan Buddhism for about 2 years but returned to Hinduism.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
As everyone know there are a lot of different religious and none religious view here on the site. So was just wondering if anyone have ever changed their view. Meaning an atheist becoming a theist and vice versa. If a theists change their religious view, so like going from Christian to JW (Still Christian) or Muslim etc.?

But also to hear what the topic was, like did you change your view on the age of the Earth? Evolution? Climate change and so on, so it doesn't necessarily have to be religious, but some major topic, so not all kinds of small details :)

I have been a Baha'i for nearly 30 years and that hasn't changed since becoming active on this forum over 3 years ago. However I have learn a great deal about other religions, worldviews, science and world history since joining this forum.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
As far as I know, not one atheist has ever come to theism as a result of me. Nor have I become convinced of atheism or any other mindset.

I think human beungs are reluctant to change their beliefs because of other ppl. Changing because of circumstances is far more common. Alor of ppl, I'm told, defect to atheism after ppl they love die despite wishes and prayers. It's easy to see death as an absolute. Likewise the reverse is true for making it through hard times.

But debate? Nahhh, not usually.

syo

In the forum, I started as a pagan, and I remained a pagan.

But because of the forum, I gave a chance to Christianity. In the beginning I hated christianity, but the forum helped to change my view of christianity. Christianity is ok, I guess. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Evolved would be a better word, I think. While my views haven't really changed, in interacting with certain members here and reflecting upon past experiences, my understanding of them has, which led to my relabeling how I self-identify.

If I recall correctly, I went with "Nondualism" under my religion for quite some time before I changed it to "Advaitist Hindu," not because my view changed, but because I found a philosophy that fit my view.

For anyone who has a general knowledge of my worldview, my first post on the forum a bit over three years ago should give you an idea as to how my understanding has evolved.

Greetings and Salutations