• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did We Unknowingly Elect Hillary?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
You know things are bad when they start eating their own.
It has been bad at that site for awhile. I am left of center and even I don't like going there. (Bonus material on their Twitter feed for extra cringe.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So what should have been done as a response to 911?
I'm glad you asked.
I've weighed in on this before, but to summarize....
1) Change the culture of US government & military from one of offense to defense.
Offense is very expensive, but not all that good at preventing distributed attacks,
which (as we saw) are extraordinarily costly.
2) Harden our infrastructure, exempli gratia....
- Make airplanes impossible to hijack. This would be both physical, legal & procedural.
- Decentralize utilities, eg, more smaller power plants, home solar generation, home cogeneration.
- Upgrade internet security.
- Stronger border security.
- Distributed disaster preparedness, eg, every home storing water & food.
3) Pursue the entities responsible for the attack, adjudicate, & punish them.
It's not about regime change or fixing broken countries.
4) Alter building codes to better cope with attacks.
5) Conduct foreign policy so as to avoid making & inflaming enemies.
6) It's hard to remember them all.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It has been bad at that site for awhile. I am left of center and even I don't like going there. (Bonus material on their Twitter feed for extra cringe.)
I'll pass on Twitterings....& Facebookings.
I hear those things are even worse than RF.

suncowiam

Then why do you keep arguing about it?

I'm quoting every hawk who ran for President in 2016.

They don't.
Who said they did?

I argue about it because it was part of your OP.

If you don't want people discussing about Hillary then why did you bring it up yourself?

It's a ridiculous notion to keep on bringing up Hillary. People on the left that wants to defend her loss. People on the right that wants to defend Trump's win.

Let's put it this another way...

If we go to war, then it's Trump's fault.

If we find peace, then Trump deserves the credit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you don't want people discussing about Hillary then why did you bring it up yourself?
It's OK with me to discuss her.
But your objection to it seems obsessive.
It's a ridiculous notion to keep on bringing up Hillary.
People on the left that wants to defend her loss. People on the right that wants to defend Trump's win.
Let's put it this another way...
If we go to war, then it's Trump's fault.
If we find peace, then Trump deserves the credit.
Hillary is relevant because of her hawkish record, particularly towards Iran.
And now Trump is channelling her. That inspired the title of the thread.

I understand your sensitivity towards Hillary.
But do you have any thoughts on Trump's handling of Iran?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Trump threatens Iran with.....
"To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES
AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW
THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER
A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE
& DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"
The above quote is from....
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/world/middleeast/trump-threatens-iran-twitter.html

Do you Americans agree with all the things D.T does?
He already said explicitly "I want the oil in the Middle East; belongs to America"
How crazy he is. USA turns into fascist country seeing all these things happening. Very bad.

And above statement is super foolish. If Iran does it again and mr.P does not want D.T.
to react then D.T is the fool. Of course D.T almost can't become a bigger fool, but still.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I truly have to wonder what on Earth motivates some people (including the OP creator, clearly) to assume that Hillary would be worse than this loose cannon that you ellected in late 2016.

Hillary was a rational person, from all appearances.
While rational, she was a hawk, voting to start one war & continue both.
Trump was more of an unknown, since he lacked a record.
But he's turning out to appear more hawkish than I anticipated.
Thus, the comparison with Hillary.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you Americans agree with all the things D.T does?
Solme do.
Most don't.
He already said explicitly "I want the oil in the Middle East; belongs to America"
Source for that quote?
Anyway, do you see us getting any oil to reimburse us?
How crazy he is. USA turns into fascist country seeing all these things happening. Very bad.
Contrary to popular histrionics, we're not becoming fascist.
And above statement is super foolish. If Iran does it again and mr.P does not want D.T.
to react then D.T is the fool. Of course D.T almost can't become a bigger fool, but still.
Clarify?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
While rational, she was a hawk, voting to start one war & continue both.
Trump was more of an unknown, since he lacked a record.
But he's turning out to appear more hawkish than I anticipated.
Thus, the comparison with Hillary.
To the extent that I can see sense in that, I think I understand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wonder if she tastes like chicken?
Critters that taste like chicken tend to be more closely related to birds than mammals. Are you implying that Hillary is a reptiloid?

upload_2018-7-23_12-34-16.png

stvdv

Source for that quote?
45 sec more clear and obvious we don't get it I think.

How crazy he is. USA turns into fascist country seeing all these things happening. Very bad
Contrary to popular histrionics, we're not becoming fascist.
Let's hope so. This link is not too optimistic. Whether fascist, dictator, authoritarianism ... all sound not too attractive to me [him threatening and stuff]
https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/26/dan-rather-trump-authoritarianism-sot-ctn.cnn
https://www.businessinsider.nl/trump-north-korea-kim-jong-un-people-2018-6/?international=true&r=US
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/26/trump-says-harley-davidson-using-trade-tensions-as-an-excuse.html
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...t-donald-trumps-comments-about-immigrants-an/

He made a clear threat to Iran. So when Iran again say something D.T has to act on his threat. But I don't think the president alone will make such a decision. So if they won't let him act then it was an empty threat and that is foolish. [he is just a puppet in the hands of people that control him]. mr.P from Russia is also there. Not too happy about war in N.K, so that won't happen, even if D.T wants it I think. Maybe mr.P also does not want war with Iran. Make such a big threat being a president, ONLY if you can act on it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
45 sec more clear and obvious we don't get it I think.
That's far different from what you quoted earlier. What about a source for it?
Taking oil so that ISIS can't get it makes it a political & military goal rather than financial.

Btw, you double posted.

stvdv

Taking oil so that ISIS can't get it makes it a political & military goal rather than financial.
Btw, you double posted.

Thanks for reminding. Sometimes I click post, wait nothing happens. Then click again and double happens. Oops I deleted the wrong one, so your replyUP won't work

==> this was my free interpretation of the 45sec. I did not remember exactly after a few month
[I have not photographic memory, listening again it was not far off, just a bit different wording]

So now I gave you the video. If you think what D.T says in the video is correct then we think 180 degrees different on this.
This is very bad IMO . So let's agree to disagree on this one

And ISIS is angry for a reason. Like Kim is angry for a reason. USA did drop a view bombs around the world
They have not been saints always [same with Holland; so karma is a *****, even if you don't believe in it]
People just don't forget those things so easily. They hate USA and Europe very much.
I am surprised not more incidents happen.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Btw, you double posted.
Whatever the reason or rationalization, it would be a war crime. You cannot invade another country and take their natural resources.

And I would have to hunt down the quote, but Trump did talk about talking the oil to offset the cost of the war.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Whatever the reason or rationalization, it would be a war crime. You cannot invade another country and take their natural resources.

And I would have to hunt down the quote, but Trump did talk about talking the oil to offset the cost of the war.
It would violate international law but Trump wouldn't really care.