• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did We Unknowingly Elect Hillary?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So let me get this straight. You are surprised that an old man with anger issues is a loose cannon?
I called him a "loose cannon" from the beginning.
It seems you're just now discovering the term.

Btw, age isn't relevant here. Young'ns can get angry
& especially behave badly too. So making it about
age is a distraction from the issue (as would be race
& gender). But religion...that is a factor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes you did. I remember that. But still you decided that a loose cannon should be in charge of the nuclear arsenal.
I also preferred a loose cannon to one aimed at us.

Both sides must accept that in looking at 2 highly
flawed candidates, judgements will vary about
which is worse. We each have different values,
priorities, agendas, & weighting of each possibility.
No one owns The Truth about which is better.
I claimed only a voting preference based upon my
guesstimate of which evil was the lesser of the 2.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Trump threatens Iran with.....
"To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES
AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW
THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER
A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE
& DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"
The above quote is from....
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/world/middleeast/trump-threatens-iran-twitter.html

After Hillary threatened during the campaign to "obliterate Iran", it seems that
Trump is now channelling her hostility. This occurs with his reneging on the
nuclear agreement, his imposing new economic sanctions, & threatening allies
to coerce them to go along. I can't think of a better way to inspire Iran to want
nuclear weapons.

For those who don't already know, some historical highlights....
1953: We interfered with their election (OK when we do it to others) by having
the CIA stage a coup to overthrow an elected leader in order to install The Shah.
1980-88: We Supplied Iraq with military assistance (including WMDs, eg, chemical
weapons, biological weapons) in an unprovoked attack. Around a million Iranians
died in this conflict.
1988: We shoot down Iranian commercial airliner (Flight 655), killing 290 people.
It was an Airbus 300, which in no way resembles the F-14 we identified it as.

It's pretty clear that Iran has suffered greatly at our hands. From their perspective,
we cannot be trusted to be peaceful towards them, especially given Israel's hatred
for Iran, Israel's penchant for pre-emptive military attacks, & Israel's overwhelming
influence upon Americastanian leadership. To become a nuclear power would appear
to be the best way to fend off future US attacks.

War with Iran wouldn't benefit anyone (except Israel), including Trump.
(The economic costs of war would reduce his real estate equity.)
How is all this saber rattling putting Americastan 1st?

Simply Hillary has nothing to do with The Trump Presidency. Although Trump does not like war he will start a war on his own to shelter himself from something he doesn't want us to know. He knows war is one of the best distractions he has and if he feels it will protect him or strengthen his base he will use it. His dislike of war would seem to mean it would be a last act of desperation.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I also preferred a loose cannon to one aimed at us.

Both sides must accept that in looking at 2 highly
flawed candidates, judgements will vary about
which is worse. We each have different values,
priorities, agendas, & weighting of each possibility.
No one owns The Truth about which is better.
I claimed only a voting preference based upon my
guesstimate of which evil was the lesser of the 2.

So it seems you didn't pick the lesser of the two evils, did you??

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So it seems you didn't pick the lesser of the two evils, did you??
It was hard to discern before the election.
And afterwards, we still don't have her
record for comparison. Currently, we're
not at war, so the jury is still out.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
& DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/world/middleeast/trump-threatens-iran-twitter.html

After Hillary threatened during the campaign to "obliterate Iran", it seems that
to coerce them to go along. I can't think of a better way to inspire Iran to want
nuclear weapons.

the CIA stage a coup to overthrow an elected leader in order to install The Shah.
1980-88: We Supplied Iraq with military assistance (including WMDs, eg, chemical
died in this conflict.
1988: We shoot down Iranian commercial airliner (Flight 655), killing 290 people.

It's pretty clear that Iran has suffered greatly at our hands. From their perspective,
we cannot be trusted to be peaceful towards them, especially given Israel's hatred
for Iran, Israel's penchant for pre-emptive military attacks, & Israel's overwhelming
influence upon Americastanian leadership. To become a nuclear power would appear

I knew they were in love.

More to the point of the question . I'm kind of scratching my head too. I've heard of it only recently just wondering what the threat was that would cause such a sharp retort.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What a classic example of Hillary Derangement Syndrome this thread title is. It's amazing to me how obsessed the right is with her after all this time. Many of us on the left who thought of her as a moderate Republican want to make sure that the next presidential candidate is a real fire-breathing liberal.

This includes totally ignoring the context of what she said which was a threat to retaliate AGAINST A NUCLEAR ATTACK ON ISRAEL. GOT THE MESSAGE NOW? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...totally-obliterate-iran-idUSN2224332720080422

To compare the ravings of the idiotic lunatic in charge now against this is utterly to ignore the true situation.

I hope and pray the military is prepared to stand up to this lunatic if he tries to do more than spew his dung over twitter.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think we might be building up to war with Iran. I do know there are a lot of folks in Washington who want one.
Now that our government is completely for sale to any entity that gives it the proper bribe, the Israelis have been bribing the congress and senate to do their give them more money, more planes, more political support, and now they want us to fight their battles for them, too, if we're stupid and greedy enough to do it. And of course we will do it because they are paying the proper bribes to the right lawmakers, and because the corporations that make big piles of money every time the U.S. goes to war are doing the same. So between these two high-dollar bribe paying entities, there is a whole lot of push among all those bribed-up lawmakers to start another pro-Israeli war in the middle east.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Notice how he left out Hillary’s voting for 2 wars?
And the silence on not just retaliating appropriatly, but “obliterating Iran”?
Most of congress voted for wars based on false intelligence. Don't blame the voter, blame the republican administration for the deception.

At least you admit you intentionally left out the context of your OP. Wonder why that is? RW media out there telling it's herd that Hillary threatened Iran? Betcha they leave out the Israel reference too.

74x12

& DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

nuclear weapons.

died in this conflict.

IMO, doesn't matter who you elect the agendas continue. People forget how crazy Hillary sounded when she was constantly verbally attacking Russia in the campaign. This is Russia after all who has the world's most powerful nuclear weapons. She sounded like she wanted ww3. Now we hear from liberals about how Trump wants to start a war with Russia. Somehow I doubt they would say anything if it was Hillary instead. I'm against ww3 no matter who is president!

At least in Russia they have bomb shelters for everyone in Moscow. In the USA where are you going to go if a bomb is about to be dropped on your town? Crawl down in the sewers like a rat? Good luck!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most of congress voted for wars based on false intelligence. Don't blame the voter, blame the republican administration for the deception.

At least you admit you intentionally left out the context of your OP. Wonder why that is? RW media out there telling it's herd that Hillary threatened Iran? Betcha they leave out the Israel reference too.
You excuse war mongery because it was popular.

suncowiam

Notice how he left out Hillary’s voting for 2 wars?
And the silence on not just retaliating appropriatly, but “obliterating Iran”?

What she voted for is irrelevant. What aren't you comparing to other GOP or Democratic candidates at the time that were pro war? Why is this purely isolated with Hillary?

She did not become president. She is no longer in government. She has no influence on this current situation.

Your arguments are hypothetical at best.

The main influence is our president so why is there any discussion with Hillary?