• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

did we come from monkeys

true blood

haha, please. Its just a new theory. None of you have presented any new theories. My theory is that the people who have truely evolved from apes are incapable of seeing God. They are not humans. They are just evolved apes. Humans came from Adam. Human-beasts evolved from apes. Simple. And what about science? I could just return with "What about a God?" I still cannot see why you are always suggesting that a God, for some unknown reason you fail to supply, is subject and bound to science in any action this God must take. That thought just nullifies the definition of a God being God. And before you continue thinking that any of you are these "evolved apes" incapable of believing in God I'd like to remind you Mr. Spinkles and probably many more here on these forums, that when you all were much younger you did in fact believe in Jesus Christ and God. Doesn't matter how young you were for you have in fact already recieved salvation. What say you about that?

true blood

I think its interesting none the less. Thousands of years ago the word of God referred to unbelievers as "beasts" and believers as sons of God. And now in modern times we have unbelievers claiming that they have evolved from apes and believers who claim they have descended from Adam, God's first son. I'm curious as to how the prophets would know this if it wasn't revelation from a God. Maybe just a lucky guess.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
So if a child of an atheist believes in God, they are descended from Adam, but if they don't believe in her, then they are descended from apes, and are "beasts"? Brilliant logic... :rolleyes:

Faust

True Blood, bless your heart, I enjoy you more than you could believe. (no kidding)
I believe that a good part of you is naturally bent towards logic. But we must all keep in mind that religion or as the Greeks would say "Mythos" and logic or"Logos" do not mix.
Mythos deals with our emotive side or as religionists would say our spiritual side, while Logos deals with our logical or reasoning side and the two should never be mixed. They are incompatible. This is what causes all the conflict that we see in the world and in microcosm, on this forum. Mythos speaks to us of our spiritual journey, and Logos speaks to us of the advancing world and our immediate place in it.
Many aboriginal peoples, several American Indian cultures for example, believe that others outside of their group are not human beings. They reserve that distinction for themselves. However they also conclude that any and all are capable of becoming human beings by accepting their culture and belief system. Sound familiar?
I mean no offense to you nor anyone else on this forum, I respect all views and sometimes think I come off sounding arrogant, but I get very tickled by the pains that, in my ill informed view,people go through in an effort to reconcile oil and water.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Faust said:
... I get very tickled by the pains that, in my ill informed view,people go through in an effort to reconcile oil and water.
It is an alchemy that somehow manages to produce a good deal of gas.

Faust

( It is an alchemy that somehow manages to produce a good deal of gas.)
lol Duet, you just cracked me up.:biglaugh: Thanks.

Faust

( I'd like to remind you Mr. Spinkles and probably many more here on these forums, that when you all were much younger you did in fact believe in Jesus Christ and God. Doesn't matter how young you were for you have in fact already recieved salvation. What say you about that?)
I also believed in Santa, the easter bunny, ect.... But when I grew older I no longer needed these symbols. It doesn't mean though, that I don't have a sense of nostalgia about my childhood and all the things I outgrew.

meogi

Faust said:
I'd like to remind you Mr. Spinkles and probably many more here on these forums, that when you all were much younger you did in fact believe in Jesus Christ and God. Doesn't matter how young you were for you have in fact already recieved salvation. What say you about that?
Score. Maybe the christian god isn't such a bad guy. But I am curious, what brings you to this conclusion - and (if anyone knows) is there anything that says otherwise?

true blood said:
I'd like to remind you Mr. Spinkles and probably many more here on these forums, that when you all were much younger you did in fact believe in Jesus Christ and God. Doesn't matter how young you were for you have in fact already recieved salvation. What say you about that?
I say once more that I would be interested in hearing your views on the existence of Zeus, Rah, and Thor, and why or why not you are "capable" of beleiving in them.

true blood

Well I only believe in one invisible God but I do believe in the moral messages the Greek writers conveyed in their stories of the Greek gods. One of my favorite stories, and its been many years since reading them, is of Barnabas? and Philemon? And how Zeus walked the earth as a poor man seeking hospitality but was continuesly shunned upon because of his appearance of poverty. Its a great message like alot of the Greek stories. Do I believe in the actual gods they used? No. But I do believe and trust in the moral messages of the stories. Which alot are seen in the word of God.

true blood

Faust said:
( I'd like to remind you Mr. Spinkles and probably many more here on these forums, that when you all were much younger you did in fact believe in Jesus Christ and God. Doesn't matter how young you were for you have in fact already recieved salvation. What say you about that?)
I also believed in Santa, the easter bunny, ect.... But when I grew older I no longer needed these symbols. It doesn't mean though, that I don't have a sense of nostalgia about my childhood and all the things I outgrew.
Faust, that is exactly the type of believing Abraham had and it was counted unto him as righteousness by God. Therefore if and when you were a child and did in fact believe, the word of God teaches that it will be counted unto you as righteousness and you are indeed saved. Doesn't matter if you grow older and have more of man's wisdom. Also the fact that you were saved when you believed as a child means that you cannot sin because his seed is incorruptable, spiritually speaking.

Ceridwen018

Sooo...what you're saying is that if there was a period in a person's life where they believed in god, they are automatically saved, even if they have since become older and wiser? Sweet.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
true blood said:
Also the fact that you were saved when you believed as a child means that you cannot sin because his seed is incorruptable, spiritually speaking.
So - let me get this straight. I was baptized at the age of 10 or so. Since then, I have come to doubt the existence of God, as I grew older and, as you would say, "gained the wisdom of man". Now that I am older, if I chose to kidnap someone for money, shot up a grade school or two, take up a jihad and kill about 40 people in the name of God, it'd all be okay because I got baptized at the age of 10?

Pretty neat, this not being able to sin. Heckuva good deal. I'm feeling better about eternity all the time! Just to be on the safe side, when I die, I'm hoping you'll speak on my behalf at the pearly gates, True. If God has any questions, I'm sure you'll be able to explain to Him why He doesn't really understand what He meant.

TVOR