• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

did we come from monkeys

there is a thought that we evolved from monkeys, this belief is totally opposite to Islam. We are created by God, and every living organism, plants, animals, space was also created by God. What are the things you hear and know about this monkey belief? check also informative online book Evolution Deceit at http://www.evolutiondeceit.com

jewscout

Religious Zionist
jasonparker,
luckily for us not all of us are muslims so we can believe whatever we want.

regards
Jewscout:jiggy:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Why can't intelligent design and evolution co-exist? I sincerely don't understand.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Druidus said:
Why can't intelligent design and evolution co-exist? I sincerely don't understand.
They represent diametrically opposite processes. You are bipedal. Is that because God intended you to be bipedal and, therefore, designed you to be bipedal? Or is because bipedalism happened by chance and, by chance, proved itself viable as the rain forests shrank and the savannahs expanded?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jasonparker said:
there is a thought that we evolved from monkeys, ... What are the things you hear and know about this monkey belief?
I know that no one with even the slightest understanding of evolution would make such an ignorant statement.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I know that no one with even the slightest understanding of evolution would make such an ignorant statement.
I agree.

They represent diametrically opposite processes. You are bipedal. Is that because God intended you to be bipedal and, therefore, designed you to be bipedal? Or is because bipedalism happened by chance and, by chance, proved itself viable as the rain forests shrank and the savannahs expanded?
However, since "God" supposedly knows anything that will happen, he could have planned us to evolve this way, no?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Druidus said:
However, since "God" supposedly knows anything that will happen, he could have planned us to evolve this way, no?
Absolutely. But then you've proposed a God-created process that acts exactly as one sans God - rendering this God entirely superfluous and fully deserving to be surgically removed by Occam's Razor.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Alright, what if "God" started the universe and let it evolve naturally, as an "experiment"?'

Just looking for a middle ground...;)

And what if the invisible pink unicorn created God, and let God start the universe and let it evolve naturally? It's all possible...but like Deut said, according to Ockham's Razor both God and the invisible pink unicorn would be unnecessary entities.

croak

Trickster
So, Mr. Pink Unicorn and Mrs. Fluffy Teddy Bear joined forces and created you, Sprinkles? Or did a universe with nothing existing in it suddenly create things? Or did Allah create you?

P.S. Do you know when they got married? I thought unicorns and teddy bears never got along because the unicorn would slice him open. :p

Ellie_A

If God created the start of everything.... let's call it the big bang... and let everything evolve from there, as Druid suggested. What in Occam's Razor removes God from the picture.

Occam’s Razor "Entities should not be multiplied more than necessary"

simply says that all things being equal the simplest is usually the answer.

How would this remove God?

Also we did not come from monkeys, the theory points that we evolved from APES there is a diffrence.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Of course, we did evolve, indirectly, from monkeys. I too, don't see how Occam's Razor removes a deity afterwards. It makes since to me, at least until we find an indisputable cause to the big bang to say that a deity caused it. It is, after all, only a theory. I'm open to other ones as well.

true blood

Could it not be possible with God that some men have evolved from apes and some men came from another source? Many places in scripture are references to some humans as merely brute beasts and animals and then there are references of other humans that are from God. Is it not possible, for example, that Deut. has evolved from his ancestary of apes and that others could trace their lineage unto Adam. Perhaps God knew in his foreknowledge that apes would evolve into humans but that these beastly humans would not be capable of believing in God, so then God created Adam with the capacity to have spirit and know God. This would bring about two types of people. Those who are capable of belief and those who are not. Very simple and alot of scripture could back up my theory.

Ellie_A

true blood said:
Could it not be possible with God that some men have evolved from apes and some men came from another source? Many places in scripture are references to some humans as merely brute beasts and animals and then there are references of other humans that are from God. Is it not possible, for example, that Deut. has evolved from his ancestary of apes and that others could trace their lineage unto Adam. Perhaps God knew in his foreknowledge that apes would evolve into humans but that these beastly humans would not be capable of believing in God, so then God created Adam with the capacity to have spirit and know God. This would bring about two types of people. Those who are capable of belief and those who are not. Very simple and alot of scripture could back up my theory.
This is where Occam's Razor comes in... yes you could theorize that, you could even say that every human came from a diffrent place, all of them. Once you start adding or multiplying as Occam put it..,. the chances of the theory lesson. With the observations of the world around us nature and the universe seem to like the K*I*S*S method... keep it simple silly!

Ceridwen018

Perhaps God knew in his foreknowledge that apes would evolve into humans but that these beastly humans would not be capable of believing in God, so then God created Adam with the capacity to have spirit and know God. This would bring about two types of people. Those who are capable of belief and those who are not. Very simple and alot of scripture could back up my theory.

Lol, what about science, True Blood? What does science have to say about humans coming from two separate sources?

I would be careful with the whole "God let the stupid and spiritually inferior humans come from apes, and then created the superior humans who were sure to worship him from Adam." theory. If this is true, then my ancestry has changed during the course of my life, and we all know that can't happen.

true blood-- You say people like me are "not capable of" belief....perhaps an equally plausible description of the situation would be that people like yourself are "not capable of" critical thinking. ;) I would be interested in hearing your views on the existence of Zeus, Rah, and Thor, and why or why not you are "capable" of beleiving in them.

RearingArabian said:
So, Mr. Pink Unicorn and Mrs. Fluffy Teddy Bear joined forces and created you, Sprinkles? Or did a universe with nothing existing in it suddenly create things? Or did Allah create you?
Actually none of the above. Modern theory does not claim that "the universe with nothing existing in it suddenly create things".

Despite its simplicity, the statement "Allah created me" explains nothing. What you call "Allah" is poorly defined, unobserved, and does nothing to explain why I exist the way I do. In contrast the sciences of genetics, familly history, primate biology, human anatomy, psychology, and even astronomy explain a great deal about how I was created and why I am the way I am. That the violent deaths of massive stars billions of years ago created a few of the iodine atoms circulating through my thumb right now (from "Astronomy" by Seeds). That is a specific, well-defined explanation of the origin of the iodine atoms in my thumb. It is supported by evidence and derived from observation. It is an explanation that actually explains something; that "I was created by Allah" is an explanation that fails to explain anything.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
true blood said:
Ooooh! How convenient for God. The people who evolved took one look at him and said,'We're having none of that, begone with your eye for an eye and your frock wearing and partially feathered hangers on.', so instead of proving he's actually worthy of belief he goes off and makes some people who are genetically predetermined to believe in him, even when it defies reason. That sounds somewhat unethical to me...I reckon if he were a scientist, some religious fundamentalist would be off throwing rocks at him. Lucky he's a diety, isn't it?
I can tell you though, that little tidbit will be very handy next time I have someone knocking on my door with their copy of The Watchtower in hand. I can look them in the eye and say,'Sorry, I haven't been engineered to believe, no hope for me, can't be converted, bye now.'