• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the True Church Apostasized?

Did the Chruch Apostasized?

• Total voters

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not sure Scientology claims to be a Christian body. Nonetheless, if they claim to follow Christ, and claim to have been born out of such a following, then that's their claim -- which is as good as anyone else's claim to such.

IMHO there is little or no folowing of Jesus in scientology but my experience with them is limited. All I encountered was psychobabble. I believe claims are not always valid.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
IMHO there is little or no folowing of Jesus in scientology but my experience with them is limited. All I encountered was psychobabble. I believe claims are not always valid.
I admit that much of their stuff seems like far-fetched film-flam to me, but, again, the same thing could be said by anyone about any church. I'm simply not into standing in judgment of the sincerely-held religious beliefs of others. If a JW wants to call herself "Christian," AFAIC, it's the same claim as an Episcopalian calling himself "Christian." Where I have problems is when a JW claims that he's more legitimate than an Episcopalian. Or when an Episcopalian claims she's Orthodox.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I'm not sure Scientology claims to be a Christian body. Nonetheless, if they claim to follow Christ, and claim to have been born out of such a following, then that's their claim -- which is as good as anyone else's claim to such.
They don't. I've spoken to them.

sincerly

Ex 14:13"And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
Moses didn't write anything. And even if he had, it's not "about Jesus," because Jesus never appears in the hebrew texts.

.[QUOTE="sojourner, post: 4197362, member: 5010"That doesn't mean that the quotations therein are authentic to Jesus.

Teaching the texts for what they are and what they realistically say isn't teaching "contrary to [them]."
Sojourner, Those words by Moses are still are still in the Hebrew and Jesus referred to Moses' writings in Luke(24:27,44-48.You can believe as you wish, but the Scriptures say differently.--including Jesus "Moses wrote concerning me"..

sojourner

Ex 14:13"And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
Sojourner, Those words by Moses are still are still in the Hebrew and Jesus referred to Moses' writings in Luke(24:27,44-48.You can believe as you wish, but the Scriptures say differently.--including Jesus "Moses wrote concerning me"..
Moses is a literary character -- not a historical figure. The fact that Luke has Jesus say this notwithstanding.

sincerly

Muffled said:
I believe it is misinterpetation to view midst as "in the spaces." Jesus is in us but He is everywhere else as well. I believe "midst" in this case refers to the dynamic way that God can interact with Himself when more than one person is involved. Like I could say there is peace among us. That is a dynamic between people based on the two or more people involved.

Jesus' location isn't the issue. Jesus' relationship with us is the issue.

Right! Sin (disobedience)Destroyed that Relationship . The where are You? is still valid.

sojourner

Right! Sin (disobedience)Destroyed that Relationship . The where are You? is still valid.
Sin destroyed no relationship. Adam and ever weren't cut off from God. And Jesus came to overcome the power of sin and restore right relationship with God. So I don't know what you're talking about, but you're certainly not talking about Xy.

sincerly

Sin destroyed no relationship. Adam and ever weren't cut off from God. And Jesus came to overcome the power of sin and restore right relationship with God. So I don't know what you're talking about, but you're certainly not talking about Xy.
Ex.30:-31-34, "
And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them."
Adam and Eve had their sins Atoned for with/by that animal that provided their coats .

sojourner

Ex.30:-31-34, "
And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them."
Adam and Eve had their sins Atoned for with/by that animal that provided their coats .
Hmm... I don't see how this "proves" that we're cut off from God. And the whole "atoning animal" thing isn't part of the Genesis line of thinking.

How is this post germane to what I said in my previous post?

sincerly

Hmm... I don't see how this "proves" that we're cut off from God. And the whole "atoning animal" thing isn't part of the Genesis line of thinking.

Sojourner, it is the " I don't see:" that is the problem. The "Atoning animal" is seen in vss. 3:15 and -3:22

Sin destroyed no relationship. Adam and ever weren't cut off from God. And Jesus came to overcome the power of sin and restore right relatio00140145214044444444444441'
If what you said was so Jesus would not have had to restore the relationship

sojourner

it is the " I don't see:" that is the problem. The "Atoning animal" is seen in vss. 3:15 and -3:22
It's your carelessness in actually executing the text that's the problem. This has nothing to do with atonement. It has to do with wisdom.
If what you said was so Jesus would not have had to restore the relationship
Haven't you ever heard of "bad blood," or a "toxic relationship?" There is always a relationship. In this case, a relationship of estrangement. Jesus reconciled humanity to God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I admit that much of their stuff seems like far-fetched film-flam to me, but, again, the same thing could be said by anyone about any church. I'm simply not into standing in judgment of the sincerely-held religious beliefs of others. If a JW wants to call herself "Christian," AFAIC, it's the same claim as an Episcopalian calling himself "Christian." Where I have problems is when a JW claims that he's more legitimate than an Episcopalian. Or when an Episcopalian claims she's Orthodox.

I believe there are different concepts of what a Christian is. I have had a Christian tell me that I was not one because I didn't believe in a three person Trinity. When you boil it down to what God was trying to accomplish the JW's fall into a category that I call Jews in Christian trappings.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I believe there are different concepts of what a Christian is. I have had a Christian tell me that I was not one because I didn't believe in a three person Trinity. When you boil it down to what God was trying to accomplish the JW's fall into a category that I call Jews in Christian trappings.
Amazing that someone would accuse you of not being a Christian over a term that's not in the Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Amazing that someone would accuse you of not being a Christian over a term that's not in the Bible.

I believe that isn't a strange thing in Christianity. The Roman Catholic Church viewed those who were not orthodox as heretics and therfore non-Christians. It is a little strange to see the same attitude these days though.