• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the Pharisees Purposely Make up Christianity?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm sure Paul would seen all sins as forgivable.
That's not what I was taught at catechism class.
So Paul's theology is flawed if he thinks so, in my opinion, perspective and religious education.

Not all sins are equal. There are irreparable, unforgivable sins, which are still there, despite repentance and belief in Christ's sacrifice.
It depends on the seriousness of the sin.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

So Paul's theology is flawed if he thinks so, in my opinion, perspective and religious education.

Not all sins are equal. There are irreparable, unforgivable sins, which are still there, despite repentance and belief in Christ's sacrifice.
I would agree that all sins are not equal.
It stands to reason .. murder is not equal to backbiting your brother, for example .. although both are clearly wrong.

However, ALL sins can be forgiven, if a person sincerely repents and does not repeat the major sin.
Almighty God forgives whomsoever He wills and punishes whomsoever He wills.
He is more Merciful than a mother to her child.
Half of faith is hope in God's infinite Mercy, while the other half is fear of his Wrath [ displeasure ]

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I would agree that all sins are not equal.
It stands to reason .. murder is not equal to backbiting your brother, for example .. although both are clearly wrong.

However, ALL sins can be forgiven, if a person sincerely repents and does not repeat the major sin.
Almighty God forgives whomsoever He wills and punishes whomsoever He wills.
He is more Merciful than a mother to her child.
Half of faith is hope in God's infinite Mercy, while the other half is fear of his Wrath [ displeasure ]

According to my Catechism classes, God will be more vengeful to Christians, than to non-Christians.
Because non-Christians do not know the Holy Scriptures and the Gospel, so they are somehow justified.

Christians do know the Holy Scriptures, they do know that Jesus Christ was merciless to the moneychangers at the gates of the Temple.
So God's wrath will be greater to the self-proclaimed Christians who do the most despicable things, financial and banking crimes, betraying their own blood, betraying their own faith and betraying their own kind.

Brian2

Veteran Member

There is unforgivable sin in the New Testament.
Mark 3:28-30 "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin—for they had said, "He has an unclean spirit.""
This probably is continually rejecting the promptings of the Holy Spirit in your life, but that is something that God can judge.
In the Catholic Church venial and mortal sins can be forgiven no matter how serious.
In the Catholic Church situation the unforgivable sin might be to go to confession over and over just to receive the priestly forgiveness and neglect the fact and prompting of the Spirit that the sins are actually wrong and to be avoided. Sort of like a Jew in the OT period sinning all he wants and thinking he is OK because he is a Jew and just going every so often to sacrifice a sin offering.

muhammad_isa

Mark 3:28-30 "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin—for they had said, "He has an unclean spirit.""
Yes .. rejection of God or "setting up gods beside Him" are unforgivable sins.

Even so, if a person denounces their former behaviour and repents, they can be forgiven.
..but if a person thinks they can somehow "cheat God" and leave it until the last moment before they die, they are "playing with fire" :eek:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This probably is continually rejecting the promptings of the Holy Spirit in your life, but that is something that God can judge.
In the Catholic Church venial and mortal sins can be forgiven no matter how serious.
In the Catholic Church situation the unforgivable sin might be to go to confession over and over just to receive the priestly forgiveness and neglect the fact and prompting of the Spirit that the sins are actually wrong and to be avoided. Sort of like a Jew in the OT period sinning all he wants and thinking he is OK because he is a Jew and just going every so often to sacrifice a sin offering.
Are you Catholic? Were you raised Catholic?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Even so, if a person denounces their former behaviour and repents, they can be forgiven.
..but if a person thinks they can somehow "cheat God" and leave it until the last moment before they die, they are "playing with fire" :eek:
Yes, they do think God is stupid. They commit the most horrendous financial banking crimes, leading people to suicides, desperation and degradation...but they think that the last sacrament can save them.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If you don't know the author, don't quote it for your personal agenda.
Let's have a look at the situation we're all part of: I believe I'm sent by God prior to the Great Tribulation, and have known details of where they corrupted the message of Yeshua as prophesied in both the Bible & Quran.

We do not have the original authors of some of these texts, and we really will never know; though we can summarize what is the most likely based on the evidence within them.

We're on the verge of Israel starting a war with Iran, which in my understanding will be Armageddon, and mankind is wiped out at this same point, where after God will resurrect the Enlightened Saints into the Age to Come.

My 'personal agenda' is to show where these corruptions are, so that we could alleviate the religious conflict in the Middle East, by helping correct the theological miscomprehensions; which is prophesied for the returning Messiah to do.

Then because many of you deem I'm not qualified enough in scholarship as the Messiah, and I don't know the author of a specific book in the Bible; then all my claims are false, and looks like WW3 will have to happen instead of our religious corrections.
And again let me say, the New Testament only has Eesos. There are no horses.
The New Testament was originally from Hebrew speaking people, and then transcribed into Greek.

So when Yeshua was saying don't give the Bible to the dumbed down other cultures, as they wouldn't understand the terminology, it is because it is there in the language:

Matthew 7:6 “Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they 'trample them under their feet' (יסוס), and turn and 'tear you to pieces' (יסס).

In my understanding it was prophesied at Judgement Day, that those following 'the Beast that Shall Tear Away' at the fabric of religion, will be removed, and those understanding what the Salvation of God means will remain.

Isaiah 51:8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the grub (j+sēs - יסס) shall eat them like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation (Yeshua) to all generations.

The Greeks scholars who translated the Bible, also seemed to be aware that Ses was part of prophecy, as they didn't translate it from Hebrew.

Luke 12:33-34 Sell that which you have, and give gifts to the needy. Make for yourselves purses which don’t grow old, a treasure in the heavens that doesn’t fail, where no thief approaches, neither moth (sēs - G4597) destroys. (34) For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

G4597
σής
sēs
Apparently of Hebrew origin [H5580]; a moth: - moth.
Please try your best to be as genuine as you can.
Always trying.

In my opinion. :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member

The God Most High (El Elyon = Ala Ilah) is the Source of reality; it isn't something that can be competed with.

The problem is people have confused the theological structuring that we were aware of in ancient times, and thus don't understand the hierarchy that does exist.

People assuming that other religions have different Gods, is 'setting up gods beside Him'.

If we read all the different religious texts without distinction (2:285), we can see that the authors are often pointing to the Source of reality (El); telling people worship that, and people afterwards make it into a cult mentality, praising the leader.

Understanding that Yeshua is one of the Divine Council (Elohim) interacting with mankind is essential to understanding theology; that the Source of reality has sent Avatars (Elohim) to every nation (Krishna, Buddha, Lao Tzu, etc).

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe I'm sent by God

Human beings who are honest are respectable.

You don't even cite things that you have some knowledge of. You mention things expecting others to be ignorant so that you can avoid deeper questions.

So this statement I am replying to itself is just unbelievable. Cheers.,

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was raised Catholic.
I understand. But that's what I was taught at catechism class.
I was never taught about a God that forgives anyone, regardless of what they do.

I was taught about a God that will forgive those who bring reparation to their own mistakes. If someone committed a banking fraud, for example and then restores the previous situation, before the fraud.

The people who commit fraud and think the faith Jesus Christ can save them, are mistaken.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I understand. But that's what I was taught at catechism class.
I was never taught about a God that forgives anyone, regardless of what they do.

I was taught about a God that will forgive those who bring reparation to their own mistakes. If someone committed a banking fraud, for example and then restores the previous situation, before the fraud.

The people who commit fraud and think the faith Jesus Christ can save them, are mistaken.

It is good to restore if you can but sometimes restoration after sinning is pretty much impossible. But God does judge the heart and no doubt our actions after we repent and the most evil sin can be forgiven.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life—a ransom for many.”
Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Isa 53:10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes his life an offering for sin,
Isa 53:12......For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

That is picking some scriptures that show one side of the gospel, but of course we need to read the whole message (even what Paul says, and what James says) to get the full story.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is picking some scriptures that show one side of the gospel, but of course we need to read the whole message (even what Paul says, and what James says) to get the full story.

I would like to ask you this: what is necessary for salvation? Faith in Jesus Christ?
Will good and selfless atheists won't be saved, then?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I would like to ask you this: what is necessary for salvation? Faith in Jesus Christ?
Will good and selfless atheists won't be saved, then?

I don't think that faith in Jesus is necessary. But sincere faith in Jesus takes a Christian over the judgement that determines eternal life imo even though Christians will also be judged.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't think that faith in Jesus is necessary. But sincere faith in Jesus takes a Christian over the judgement that determines eternal life imo even though Christians will also be judged.
What do you mean by "faith takes Christians over the judgment"?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Not really, as posting there is Midrash showing Simon worked with the Sanhedrin, and Yehoshua/Yeshua specifically named Simon the stumbling stone (petros) to fulfil prophecy (Zechariah 3:9, Isaiah 8:14-16), that they'd deceive the world...

Plus God specifically named Saul the same word that is used for Hell in Hebrew (Sheol).

The problem is the history the Christians have been taught, has been heavily influenced by the same organization that created it, and it was anti-Christ's doctrine to begin with.

So when men like these write things like "EVERY person who has ever lived will bow and acknowledge Jesus as Messiah and God" they are working AGAINST Jesus?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Family agreements can be the worst. Paul definitely was of the Pharisee tradition, but with Peter not much is said that tips us off one way or the other, imo.

Thank you.

My response was regarding the bizarre understanding that Bible authors including Peter and Paul were opposed to Jesus--when they constantly extol and even worship Him in their writings.

wizanda

Premium Member
So when men like these write things like "EVERY person who has ever lived will bow and acknowledge Jesus as Messiah and God" they are working AGAINST Jesus?
Considering you're not even reading that verse right; I'd say it does go against Yeshua's mission...

The verse says 'and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.' - Philippians 2:11

Paul is quite clear, we have one Lord, and One God (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Thus when someone is messing up the theology, so that many choose to reject what is straight forward, of course that detriments people accepting it.