• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did The MSM Cost Trump The Election?

Did MSM and big Tech manipulate the 2020 election

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care Trump didn't win.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

esmith

Veteran Member
That confession deserves a frubal.
It shows how and why tribalists are so often hypocrites. While an outsider looks at a policy and asks how it can be useful and just for everybody, the tribalist only sees the momentary benefit for her/his tribe and will condemn the exact same thing when done by an opposing tribe.
Right back at you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The reason Biden won was that Trump was so despicable to his non-supporters that the massive vote came out to remove him. People who would normally not vote were mobilised to remove the despot.
And look at what we have now. A puppet president in a banana republic.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Why should I be opposed to anyone owning media empires that support what I do.
What do you do that Rupert Murdoch is allegedly so supportive of?

Do you support anyone that agrees with your policies, or only those that others of your political views support?
I support the policies that I believe serve my interests, but those are so niche that they receive very little support as-is. I certainly do interrogate the motives behind other people's and organization's support for the policies I consider useful, because I generally don't see insincere astroturfers, corporate interests, and fair wheather friends as useful allies to begin with.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Appears you misread or misunderstood what I said.

The above statement does not refer to "what I do" but "what I support"
So just to get this straight, what you are argueing is exactly how I characterized your earlier position: Your objection is not to media manipulation of democracy, your objection is to media manipulation of democracy in favor of an enemy ideology. If the media was to manipulate democracy in favor of your preferred political ideology, you would actually applaud and support that.

Correct?

esmith

Veteran Member
So just to get this straight, what you are argueing is exactly how I characterized your earlier position: Your objection is not to media manipulation of democracy, your objection is to media manipulation of democracy in favor of an enemy ideology. If the media was to manipulate democracy in favor of your preferred political ideology, you would actually applaud and support that.

Correct?
Duh, you figured that out did you.