• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the Bush Administration turn down Osama in early 2001?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
GeneCosta said:

No. The CNN article you linked to explains what happened. The Taliban didn't offer to turn him over at all.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The White House on Sunday rejected an offer from Afghanistan's ruling Taliban to try suspected terrorist leader Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan under Islamic law.
The offer came as the United States massed forces in southwest Asia for a possible strike against Afghanistan if the Taliban refuse to surrender bin Laden. A Bush administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity, rejected the Taliban offer and repeated U.S. demands that bin Laden be turned over unconditionally.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Thanks. I thought it was kind of weird the Taliban would be willing to give him up but then stand stubbornly as we toppled their government. :rolleyes:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
You guys are confusing incidents. The tape refers to February 2001 while the CNN piece is right after 9/11.

The point is, the Republicans have once again pointed a finger that they SHOULD have pointed atthemselves. They were so quick to assign blame to someone who wasn't in office RATHER THAN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY HEAD ON. It's Shrub's MO throughout his life. Lie and confuse the issue to get out of trouble.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:
You guys are confusing incidents. The tape refers to February 2001 while the CNN piece is right after 9/11.

The point is, the Republicans have once again pointed a finger that they SHOULD have pointed atthemselves. They were so quick to assign blame to someone who wasn't in office RATHER THAN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY HEAD ON. It's Shrub's MO throughout his life. Lie and confuse the issue to get out of trouble.

uh. no. I didn't confuse anything.

All that is on the video tape is an unnamed middle eastern reported asking if it was true that the taliban had offered to turn Bin Laden over to Saudi Arabia in return for the US dropping the sanctions. The taliban never offered to give Bin Ladin to the US.

You are blinded by your hate Netdoc. give it up. SLICK WILLIE actually WAS offered Bin Ladin and he CHOKED, he was too busy chasing interns to worry about the real world. Clinton screwed up, Clinton was offered Bin Ladin and Clinton turned him down.

LOL. hilarious that you would mention lie and confuse when it was slick willie who was impeached for lying and confusing. :rolleyes:

If somebody had actually offered to hand over Bin Ladin to Bush and he didn't take it. It would have been national news for months. Where are all the news stories? Why does everybody only know about Clinton?

Dig up some newspaper articles and then we can talk... otherwise you are dreaming.

Scuba Pete

comprehend said:
Where are all the news stories? Why does everybody only know about Clinton?
Which only PROVES my contention... The Republican party excels at hate mongering and deception. Why do you think we REALLY went into Iraq? It kept all the news media BUSY covering the new war. No THAT'S the way to create a diversion. But , if the papers don't follow their swill, they quickly invent the Swiftboat verterans to smear people. You mistake my being outraged at the manipulation for hate.

Rice shifted the blame to the former administration for NOT providing intel or a strategy for al Queda. BOTH are lies. Shrub lies and distorts at will, and his lackies buy it hook line and sinker. I am just glad that the Democratic party has not stooped to the hate mongering of the Republicans though they do come in a close second.

No, Shrub's crew is JUST AS GUILTY for not jumping all over Bin Laden, and what's more, they helped to orchestrate worst terrorist attack on US soil by their sheer incompetence. After that, they failed to catch him by more sheer incompetence and had to start a war in Iraq to cover for their stupidity.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:
Which only PROVES my contention... The Republican party excels at hate mongering and deception. Why do you think we REALLY went into Iraq? It kept all the news media BUSY covering the new war. No THAT'S the way to create a diversion. But , if the papers don't follow their swill, they quickly invent the Swiftboat verterans to smear people. You mistake my being outraged at the manipulation for hate.

Rice shifted the blame to the former administration for NOT providing intel or a strategy for al Queda. BOTH are lies. Shrub lies and distorts at will, and his lackies buy it hook line and sinker. I am just glad that the Democratic party has not stooped to the hate mongering of the Republicans though they do come in a close second.

No, Shrub's crew is JUST AS GUILTY for not jumping all over Bin Laden, and what's more, they helped to orchestrate worst terrorist attack on US soil by their sheer incompetence. After that, they failed to catch him by more sheer incompetence and had to start a war in Iraq to cover for their stupidity.

LOL. You sound like Anyscientologist...

yes, it must be the vast right wing conspiracy. The media are all republican lapdogs, and would never print anything negative about Bush. Also they are so stupid that they were completely distracted from something that would have been the second biggest news story of 2001.

OK. Whatever you say....:biglaugh:

Scuba Pete

Conspiracy? No. Stupidity? Yes. Greed and arrogance? Completely.

Did Shrub's administration LIE to the American people about Iraq? Beyond any shadow of a doubt. We have an administration that is so corrupt it makes the Nixon administration look like a Cub Scout Pack.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:

Did Shrub's administration LIE to the American people about Iraq? Beyond any shadow of a doubt. We have an administration that is so corrupt it makes the Nixon administration look like a Cub Scout Pack.

and the media is helping this vast right wing conspiracy? :rolleyes:

Bush lied beyond any shadow of a doubt? I think you are dreaming.

What evidence do you have that the administration actually KNEW the information to be false and gave it to INTENTIONALLY mislead the public?

How did France and Great Britian's intelligence community come up with the same answers? Were they lying too? All the democrats on the senate arms committee saw the same evidence Bush did and they all agreed. Were the democrats all in on the conspiracy too?

Really, you are giving Mel Gibson a run for his money with the conspiracy stuff. Shouldn't you also be saying that it was the illuminati and the CFR too?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:
Which only PROVES my contention... The Republican party excels at hate mongering and deception. Why do you think we REALLY went into Iraq? It kept all the news media BUSY covering the new war.

uh, right. The Bush admin. tricked everyone in the media but not you eh? riiiiight...

Scuba Pete

Look at the OP, It's right there. We know about it, but too many people have listened to people such as yourself.

comprehend said:
and the media is helping this vast right wing conspiracy? :rolleyes:

What evidence do you have that the administration actually KNEW the information to be false and gave it to INTENTIONALLY mislead the public?

How did France and Great Britian's intelligence community come up with the same answers? Were they lying too? All the democrats on the senate arms committee saw the same evidence Bush did and they all agreed. Were the democrats all in on the conspiracy too?

Really, you are giving Mel Gibson a run for his money with the conspiracy stuff. Shouldn't you also be saying that it was the illuminati and the CFR too? :rolleyes:

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:

so which is it? Is the admin plagued by stupidity as you claim here or does

The Republican party excel at hate mongering and deception.

as you said earlier. They cannot be so stupid as to bumble around and still be so incredibly capable as to fool the entire country's media....

are they morons or geniuses, so far, you have argued both. ;)

come up for some air...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
this:

NetDoc said:
Look at the OP, It's right there. We know about it, but too many people have listened to people such as yourself.

does not answer this:

"and the media is helping this vast right wing conspiracy?

How did France and Great Britian's intelligence community come up with the same answers? Were they lying too? All the democrats on the senate arms committee saw the same evidence Bush did and they all agreed. Were the democrats all in on the conspiracy too?"

If we are going to debate something, I would appreciate it if you actually responded to my argument rather than repeat more conspiracy theories...

Scuba Pete

comprehend said:
so which is it?
It doesn't take a mental giant to DESTROY someone else's reputation. Hate stems from stupidity and they excel in HATE. Why do you support everything the Swift Boat Veterans stand for? Why do you support the hate and fear mongering that destroys understanding?

The media looks only for sensationalism. They haven't pursued the truth in a long time! They could care less if it's Democratic or Republic as LONG as it sells. Any cold hearted fear monger knows how to manipulate the press by diversion. Just use the power of hate.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
NetDoc said:
It doesn't take a mental giant to DESTROY someone else's reputation. Hate stems from stupidity and they excel in HATE.

You conveniently forgot that you also said they excel in "deception" which DOES take a mental giant. You think some moron could "decieve" the entire media for 5 years? Once again, you can't have it both ways. Either they were morons or masters in the art of deception. Either one you pick, you end up being wrong.

Why do you support everything the Swift Boat Veterans stand for? Why do you support the hate and fear mongering that destroys understanding?
Where did I say anything about the Swift Boat Veterans? You just made that up. Can we stick to reality please?

The media looks only for sensationalism. They haven't pursued the truth in a long time! They could care less if it's Democratic or Republic as LONG as it sells. Any cold hearted fear monger knows how to manipulate the press by diversion. Just use the power of hate.
Well, judging by how many of you HATE President Bush, it would be very popular to run news stories on how he screwed up when he could have been handed Bin Laden. But... we don't have any of those stories do we? So your own explanation, once again defeats your own argument.

All you have provided are personal opinions. We can't debate your opinion. Do you have the tiniest shred of actual evidence that Bush was offered Bin Laden and refused? That is the question for this thread. If not, there isn't anything to debate. I'm really sorry that you think the world is all combined against you in a vast right wing conspiracy but.... :sleep:

Scuba Pete

comprehend said:
You conveniently forgot that you also said they excel in "deception" which DOES take a mental giant.
Pardon while I ignore the sophomoric tit for tat dialogue that is so self serving. Only IDIOTS practice deception by definition. Deal with it. Only IDIOTS practice hate as a corporate value. I am not the one who chose these paths for Shrub's administration.

comprehend said:
Where did I say anything about the Swift Boat Veterans? You just made that up. Can we stick to reality please?
So now I have made up Swift Boat Veterans. Denial: not just another river in Egypt.

comprehend said:
Well, judging by how many of you HATE President Bush, it would be very popular to run news stories on how he screwed up
Why would we do the very thing we hate most about him? You have me mistaken for one of the so called Moral Majority. BTW, again you assign something to me that is not there. I am totally repulsed by Shrub and I am disgusted with his continued deceit. But I do not hate the man.

comprehend said:
All you have provided are personal opinions. We can't debate your opinion. Do you have the tiniest shred of actual evidence
This thread started with quite a bit of evidence from CNN. But then you think the Swift Boat Veterans are mythical.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Scuba Pete said:
Pardon while I ignore the sophomoric tit for tat dialogue that is so self serving. Only IDIOTS practice deception by definition. Deal with it. Only IDIOTS practice hate as a corporate value. I am not the one who chose these paths for Shrub's administration.
I am mildly amused by your childish insistance on calling Bush a name. Does it hurt to call him President Bush? Does it mess up your imaginary world? :rolleyes: Have you considered acting like a big kid?

So now I have made up Swift Boat Veterans. Denial: not just another river in Egypt.
Try reading what I actually wrote rather than responding to things you imagine I write. :shrug:

Why would we do the very thing we hate most about him? You have me mistaken for one of the so called Moral Majority. BTW, again you assign something to me that is not there. I am totally repulsed by Shrub and I am disgusted with his continued deceit. But I do not hate the man.
try reading again. This is getting really boring...:sleep:

This thread started with quite a bit of evidence from CNN.

Actually, it didn't. I have already shown that the CNN article had ZERO evidence that anyone ever offered Bin Laden to the U.S.

but it is getting quite obvious that you enjoy a world that is a little less than real...

Enjoy your...uh....imaginary angry place... I'm going to stick to the real world...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Maybe you would like to try actually answering post #13 which you so conveniently ignored. Reality is annoying to such sad conspiracy theories isn't it...

"and the media is helping this vast right wing conspiracy?

How did France and Great Britian's intelligence community come up with the same answers? Were they lying too? All the democrats on the senate arms committee saw the same evidence Bush did and they all agreed. Were the democrats all in on the conspiracy too?"

If we are going to debate something, I would appreciate it if you actually responded to my argument rather than repeat more conspiracy theories...

Scuba Pete

I've answered your questions to my satisfaction, and don't need to repeat myself. I definitely don't see a need to re-read your vapid arguments. If/when you get your head out of the sand about Shrub's use of hate you will also see the answers.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Scuba Pete said:
I've answered your questions to my satisfaction, and don't need to repeat myself. I definitely don't see a need to re-read your vapid arguments. If/when you get your head out of the sand about Shrub's use of hate you will also see the answers.

well, say hello to Mel Gibson for me. :biglaugh: