• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the bible mention Jihad before Quran even existed?

flexible

There are many verse in Quran talking about Jihad and God's command to do so but before the Muslims at the time of Prophet Mohammed were going to war he was stopping them ordering them saying: "Don't kill a child, don't kill an old, don't kill a woman and don't cut a tree".

This text is necessary, because of the false idea, that Aryanity, or Aryan Messianic Identity has stolen the idea of Jihad from Islam, for this I have to say, the only thing we "adopted" is the name for it, the word "Jihad". The concept of Martyrs, Holy Warriors, those who choose military actions for the purpose of restoring Divine Order, has been with us since before the Islamic Religion even existed. You cannot steal what you have always had, and Jihad is as Biblical, as it is Islamic. The Jihadeen, or Jihadi, the operatives of Divine Will, have been with us from our conception, for this I will show you Jihad in the Bible as it appeared to me but plus the ultimate horror.​

"Kill every woman." Numbers 31:7​

"Kill every little boy." Numbers 31:7​

"Kill all the infants and suckling babies." 1 Samuel 15:3​
"This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down, and cut off your head ... that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel." 1 Samuel 17:46​

I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 1 Samuel 17:47​

"He ordered the guards and officers to slaughter them all, and to let not a single one escape." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 25) "God said to Jehu, 'you have done well in carrying out what is right and have completed what I wanted done to the house of Ahab. Therefore your sons will be kings over Israel to the fourth generation." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 30)

"Joshua destroyed everyone. They did not leave anyone alive." (Joshua 11:14)

"They were put to the sword, destroying them all." (Joshua 11:12)

They were "cut down until they had not a single survivor." (Joshua 11:8)​
"Their cities were destroyed," (Joshua 11:12) and the people living there were "put to the sword, destroying them all". The Israelites then "plundered the cities," (Joshua 11:14) and "every living soul they put to the sword until they had destroyed everyone. They did not leave anyone alive." (Joshua 11:14)​

"Joshua killed everyone. He did not leave anyone alive." (Joshua 11:14)​

"Devour the nations the lord your god delivers over to you. Show them no pity." Deut. 7:16

"You must completely destroy them; you shall make no peace treaties with them, and show no mercy to them." Deut 2:1​

"Utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling baby." 1 Samuel 15:3​

"Joshua and the men of Israel had finished slaying them with a very great slaughter, until they were wiped out." Joshua 10:20​

They pursued them and all of them to the very last had fallen by the edge of the sword" Joshua 8:24​

"He struck them hip and thigh with great slaughter." Judges 15:8

"Joshua put them to the sword, destroying them all." (Joshua 11:12)

"Put the inhabitants to the slaughter without giving any quarter and burn their town down." Deut. 13:15​

And David took the head of the Philistine and brought it to Jerusalem; but he put his armor in his tent. And as David returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, Abner took him, and brought him before Saul with the head of the Philistine in his hand." 1 Samuel 17:54​

"Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and take off his head."... And there is also with you Shimei the son of Gera, the Benjaminite from Bahurim, who cursed me with a grievous curse on the day when I went to Mahanaim; but when he came down to meet me at the Jordan, I swore to him by the LORD, saying, ‘I will not put you to death with the sword.' Now therefore hold him not guiltless, for you are a wise man; you will know what you ought to do to him, and you shall bring his gray head down with blood to Sheol." 2 Samuel 16:9, 1 Kings 2:8​

"And a certain woman threw an upper millstone upon Abimelech's head, and crushed his skull." Judges 9:53​

"She put her hand to the tent peg and her right hand to the workmen's mallet; she struck Sisera a blow, she crushed his head, she shattered and pierced his temple." Judges 5:26​

Then the woman went to all the people in her wisdom. And they cut off the head of Sheba the son of Bichri." 2 Samuel 20:21​

King Jehu ordered the people to behead Ahab's sons and to bring him the heads of Ahab's sons "at Jezreel by this time tommorrow...And when the letter came to them, they took the king's sons, and slew them, seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent them to him at Jezreel. When the messenger came and told him, "They have brought the heads of the king's sons," he said, "Lay them in two heaps at the entrance of the gate until the morning.". (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 6) "God has now fulfilled the prophecy of the prophet Elijah. So Jehu put to death all who were left of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, as well as all of his close friends and priests, until he had left not one single survivor." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 10) "He put to death all of Ahab's house, who were left there and so blotted it out, in fulfillment of the word which YAHWEH had spoken to Elijah." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 7) "He ordered the guards and officers to slaughter them all, and to let not a single one escape." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 25) "God said to Jehu, 'you have done well in carrying out what is right and have completed what I wanted done to the house of Ahab. Therefore your sons will be kings over Israel to the fourth generation." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 30)​

You are a wise man; you will know what you ought to do to him, and you shall bring his head down with blood to the grave." 1 Kings 2:9​

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE with every VIRGIN GIRLS who was AT LEAST 3 YEARS OLD in the bible in the link below:​

nutshell

Before Christ came only the Law of Justice existed. This is explained commonly by saying, "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." The Israelites, as God's chosen people, were to have nothing to do with anything considered unGodly and so were often commanded (as you pointed out above) to destroy everything. By doing this, they destryoed that which might tempt them and turn them away from God.

With Christ's coming, however, the Law of Mercy was implemented and such destruction was no longer necessary.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

In answer to you question, thread starter, I think it is quite clear that the Bible mentions jihad. Anyone who says that God is about peace and love has not paid much attention to the old testament. God was big on genocide long before Hitler came along.

Lopping off the heads of the nonbeleivers has been a big past time since roughly the age of metalurgy. Jihad has long been a part of man's inhumanity to man, and it will continue to be so as long as there is religion.

If religion tomorrow did not exist, we would have to make one (or several) up so we could justify the horrifying things we do to one another. If we did not have religion and nationalism to justify our atrocities, then people might have to fall back on treating one another with dignity, and allowing one's neighbors to act in whatever way they see fit, provided the neighbor's behavior only impacted himself.

Nah, that will never work. Lets keep going the way we have been, its working out so wonderfully.

B.