• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Paul Corrupt Christianity?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Not so. Jesus came first, then Paul. And they both agree on the major doctrines of Christianity. In addition, Paul wrote about the revelations he received from Jesus.

1. Alive in Christ
    1. Jesus
      1. "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).

2. Paul
      1. "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).
  2. Anxiety
    1. Jesus
      1. "For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?" (Matt. 6:25).

2. Paul
      1. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," (Phil. 4:6).
  3. Atonement
    1. Jesus
      1. "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep," (John 10:11)

2. Paul
      1. "and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).

4. Deity of Jesus
    1. Jesus
      1. "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (John 8:58). Compare with Exodus 3:14, "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."

2. Paul
      1. "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). See also, Phil. 2:5-8.
  5. Forgiveness
    1. Jesus
      1. "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).

2. Paul
      1. "And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).

6. Jesus is the only way
    1. Jesus
      1. "Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).

2. Paul
      1. "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5).

7. Justification by faith
    1. Jesus
      1. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life," (John 5:24). See also John 3:16-18; Luke 18:9-13.

2. Paul
      1. "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).
  8. Law, the
    1. Jesus
      1. "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17).

2. Paul
      1. "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law," (Rom. 3:31).
      2. "What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise," (Gal. 3:17).

9. Law, living the
    1. Jesus
      1. "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19).

2. Paul
      1. "Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)
  10. Predestination
    1. Jesus
      1. "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given," (Matt. 19:11).
      2. "All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).
      3. "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day," (John 6:44).
      4. "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father," (John 6:65).

2. Paul
      1. "He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will... 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:5,11).
  11. Resurrection
    1. Jesus
      1. "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; 23 and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day," (Matt. 17:22-23).

2. Paul
      1. "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," (1 Cor. 15:3-4).
  12. Rewards and Punishment
    1. Jesus
      1. "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).

2. Paul
      1. "who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).
  13. Sinfulness of man
    1. Jesus
      1. "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20).

2. Paul
      1. "There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one," (Rom. 3:11-12).

14. Tradition
    1. Jesus
      1. "And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3).

2. Paul
      1. "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2:8).
  15. Works Righteousness denied
    1. Jesus
      1. "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness," (Matt. 7:22-23).

2. Paul
      1. "Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "The righteous man shall live by faith," (Gal. 3:11).

As you can see, this brief list demonstrates that Jesus and Paul both taught the same thing.
Did Jesus and Paul teach the same thing? | CARM.org
No.
Sorry.
Can't accept that.
Paul never met nor knew Jesus.
Jesus had a totally mission to all Paul's claims.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Not so. Jesus came first, then Paul. And they both agree on the major doctrines of Christianity. In addition, Paul wrote about the revelations he received from Jesus.
Paul wrote about the mysteries... aka, the deep things...
Did you think it was a coincidence that Jesus uses the same Greek word in Revelation, but calls them the deep things of Satan?

If so, you're sadly not alone, Spartan.

Your list is dead wrong, BTW...
I've taken it out of your post, in order to aswer it without making confetti...
three posts are required...
my answers are in red.

Alive in Christ
Jesus
"For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).

Paul
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).

The focus is entirely different, in the above verses... like against like? Nope. I'm not even going to get into Paul's creepy take on resurrection.

As for the quickening itself, which should have been the like answering to like:

John.6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life."

In the context, the Disciples were wondering about food, rather than thinking of manna in terms of Jesus' words. Something we see clearly in Revelation's letters to the churches.

Which begs the question... since Jesus' words are spirit and life, why didn't Paul quote Jesus… ever? His fellow-travellers did sometimes... so he was hardly unaware of them. Why reinvent the wheel unless you want to claim a patent?

John.8:51 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death."

Anxiety
Jesus
"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?" (Matt. 6:25).

Paul
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," (Phil. 4:6).

Matt.6:31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

In context, Jesus says don't think about those things at all… that God will give you them, without your asking.

Which is the opposite of what Paul thinks to be true.

When we see Jesus praying or talking about prayer, the way comes alive. [Give us this day, our daily bread... is this the daily which is taken away by the beast who controls the black horse? The food of the poor is in view, while the rich ones are being protected... which may be why the Laodiceans]

Atonement
Jesus
"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep," (John 10:11)

Paul
"and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).

John 10 is all about the One Shepherd, and one flock… versus the hireling who runs at the sign of danger… can't help remembering Paul being let down from the wall in a basket.

In fact, the sheep hear Jesus' words… and run from Paul the stranger.

Jesus didn't give Himself up for the "us" who held the coats of the murderers. Jesus says thou shalt not kill. If they had learned of the Father, they would never have murdered the Son. Ye are of your father the devil, and the works of your father ye will do, for he was a murderer from the beginning...

Deity of Jesus
Jesus
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (John 8:58). Compare with Exodus 3:14, "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."{nonsense.. read on}

Paul
"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). See also, Phil. 2:5-8.

Rom.8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

John.8:33 They answered Him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill Me, because My word hath no place in you. 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw [it], and was glad.

The context of "Before Abraham was, I am." Abraham was… but Jesus says "I am" because Jesus' life exists outside of time itself.

Bringing up John 8 should never be done by the proPaul group.
It points out the fact that they were never in bondage… which makes them not of Judah. But they are sons of Abraham… which means of Hagar or Keturah.
Keturah's sons are said to have been the Parthians, by Moses of Chorene, and quoted by Josephus. The Parthians are related to the Persians.
The Parsis who went to India are called Farsi by the Arabs, both words meaning Pharisee. The Pharisees are Persians, not Hebrews.
When Paul called himself a Jew, he was lying: (1) because he called the circumcision a mutilation. (2) Pharisee sons of Pharisees are Persians. (3) By following the ruling class of the Persians, you become to all intents and purposes, a member of that class… in this case, a Persian Pharisee.
When Paul said a Jew was a spiritual title, he was inventing replacement theology, and creating a whole synagogue of those who say they are Jews and are not, but do lie. Jesus calls this blasphemy. And the beast is full of names of blasphemy.

to be continued...

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel

Your list, part two…

Forgiveness
Jesus
"For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).

Paul
"And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).

But that's the opposite of what Jesus says.
Ripping text out of context only works on the careless-minded.

Matt.6:15 "But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Which goes against all of the Pauline tenants which create once saved always saved out of thin air.

Jesus is the only way
Jesus
"Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).

Paul
"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5).

In context… the same Greek word for mediator is intercessor. :rolleyes:

2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Which is the polar opposite of what Jesus says:

John.15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
John.14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jesus didn't die for those who would never follow Him. He let Himself be murdered by the Pharisees to bring Resurrection to His friends who love Him and keep His commandments.

Justification by faith
Jesus
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life," (John 5:24).

Paul
"Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).

Jesus says nothing about justification by faith. Believe means keep on believeing... and believing means DOING what the Father TOLD Jesus to SAY. He says I know your works… ye have kept My word and have not denied My name/authority.

Justification by faith… "This is he which received seed by the way side." in the parable of the sower.

Law, the
Jesus
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17).

Paul
"Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law," (Rom. 3:31).
"What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise," (Gal. 3:17).

Rom.3:27 … the law of faith.
Rom.1:17 … as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Habakkuk, Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

by his faithfulness is the correct translation, because it matches this:

Rev.17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev.12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Paul doesn't mean he establishes the Law/Commandments of Jesus+God... obviously:
Romans.7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Law, living the
Jesus
"You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19).

Paul
"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)

Matt.19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow Me.
Matt.22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

"If there is any other commandment"? Seriously? Honor your father and mother, fail to bear false witness, the threefold love towards God… Paul ...? forgot about them? Can you fulfill the law without loving God? Can you love God but not do what He tells you in the testimony of His Son?

Predestination
Jesus
"Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given," (Matt. 19:11).
"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).
"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day," (John 6:44).
"For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father," (John 6:65).

Paul
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will... 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:5,11).

John.6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto Me.
John.17:6 I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world: Thine they were, and thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy word.
17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given Me; for they are Thine.
17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;

Since God gave to Jesus those who had actually LEARNED from the Father, that learning had to have come from the Law and the Prophets. Literally, those taught by God, as the context says. Jesus says He prays for them and for sheep who believe on Him through their word. Their word is what Jesus taught them, as He says in Matthew 28, when He came back from Heaven. Their word is that which Jesus calls the commandment of His Father, whose words are eternal life, in John 12.

Resurrection
Jesus
"The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; 23 and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day," (Matt. 17:22-23).

Paul
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," (1 Cor. 15:3-4).

Paul is one of those men into whose hands Jesus had been delivered; he is currently under a death sentence because of the prophecies Jesus spoke against him. The above quote is the Pauline gospel. Pretty bold, right? to make it good news that Jesus died at his Pharisee-hands.

Some people think that makes sense... and actually praise God for saving the man who not only fulfills Matthew 23, but killed God's Son to steal His inheritance (Matthew 21). Keep in mind that Paul was still planning murder in the wilderness of the Damascus road... But there is no forgiveness without repentence beforehand.

Jesus died for His friends, not His murderers, just as He said. He knew what was going to happen, who was going to kill Him, why they were killing Him… and then allowed it… in order to resurrect His friends, that they may be with Him and see His glory.(John 17)

Jesus says that He taught the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven, in sermon and parables.

1Kings 19:10 "… for the children of Israel have forsaken Thy covenant, thrown down Thine altars, and slain Thy prophets with the sword; and I, [even] I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away."

Rewards and Punishment
Jesus
"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).

Paul
"who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).

Matt.16:24 "Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any [man] will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."

Rom.2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Paul says he follows Christ, but sayin' ain't doin'. If he followed Christ, he'd have at least quoted Jesus ONCE. Especially since the words of the Father that Jesus spoke are the words of eternal life.

Sinfulness of man
Jesus
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20).

Paul
"There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one," (Rom. 3:11-12).

Paul quoting Psalm 14 is hardly a comparison, since Paul didn't write it. How about an actual comparison instead:

Romans14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

Apparently Paul hadn't heard of verse 20; not an unusual thing, sadly, but it's the whole point of the context. And what does Paul say, in 1 Corinthians 8:10? He says it's only wrong to sit at meat in the temple of the demon, if a weak person who doesn't know this deep thing, sees you doing it, and is tempted to do as you do: and so the Pauline law of expediency gives birth to the ongoing legacy of Jezebel.

to be continued...

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel

Your list, part 3...

[7:25 So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

No, he certainly does not serve the law of God... Paul's law is the law of faith, which the Father of Jesus never offers. Paul serves the law of sin because he doesn't follow the commandments of Jesus. When he tells you he follows Jesus, he means he follows (what he calls Satan disguised as) an angel of light, whom he wants you to believe is the real Christ. Read some of those things said by that angel of light, and see if they match the character of Jesus, shown by John and Matthew.

If that isn't enough for you, ask yourself why the inside of Paul's cup wasn't reflected on the outside. If you're the sort of person who thinks that good intentions are good enough, you haven't read the Sermon on the Mount very carefully. Or do you think that a man lusting after a woman is bad, but actually sleeping with her is acceptable?

If you seriously THINK about what Paul says... and take it to it's logical conclusion, you may begin to see why the Book of Jude was written, and why Revelation portrays Babylon as a later day Jezebel. These things are given to us to keep us safe... to know that what Paul taught will lead Jezebel's children into murdering the 144k prophets of Jesus. And if all of this is true, then Paul's dead in christ rising looks no different than locusts crawing from the pit.]

Tradition
Jesus
"And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3).

Paul
"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2:8).

When Jesus spoke those words, he was speaking against the leaven of the Pharisees. Paul, the Pharisee and son of a Pharisee… should be left with nothing to say, really… yet here he is, badder and bolder still:

Col.2:14,16 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances… meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath

Strong's 1859 - a festival:--feast, holyday.

Zechariah14:16 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall be left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem, shall even come up every year to worship the king, the Lord Almighty, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever of all the families of the earth shall not come up to Jerusalem to worship the king, the Lord Almighty, even these shall be added to the others. 18 And if the family of Egypt shall not go up, nor come; then upon them shall be the overthrow with which the Lord shall smite all the nations, whichever of them shall not come up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the sin of Egypt, and the sin of all the nations, whosoever shall not come up to keep the feast of tabernacles."

Matt.23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Think Paul forgot about Zech.14, because his cohorts had killed the man? Which brings up another issue. Since Jesus says that the Pharisees claimed kinship with those who had killed the prophets before, when did they first come to live in Jerusalem? If the names at Beth Pelet are the names of the Hyksos, and many of them were Persian... the Persian overlords of the Hyksos never left Palestine? Just a thought.

Works Righteousness denied
Jesus
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness," (Matt. 7:22-23).

Lawlessness means without law… a nomos, no law.

Strong's 459, animos from a - a (as a negative particle) and nomos law; lawless, i.e. (negatively) not subject to (the Jewish) law; (by implication, a Gentile), or (positively) wicked:--without law, lawless, transgressor, unlawful, wicked.

Matt.7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Jesus said this after the Sermon on the Mount of Matthew 5-6. Far from negating the Law, Jesus spoke the words which were to be written on our hearts:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be My salvation unto the end of the earth.

Or have you spiritualized it all away, via Paul?
Remember, Paul cast out demons, worked magic, claimed to prophecy more than any of his followers, all in the name of Jesus... they did every bit of it, without law.

The Church of Ephesus had kicked out the false apostles. We see Paul saying all of Asia had turned from him. We see Paul, claiming over and over again, that he really is an apostle. And over and over again that he isn't a liar. People who don't get called a liar, don't spend a whole lot of time saying they're not what they were never called in the first place. And nobody but Paul himself ever called him an apostle, either. And STILL we hear Paul, rattling his chains...

But Jesus says

Matt.11:28 "Come unto Me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For My yoke [is] easy, and My burden is light."

Last edited: