• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Moses have horns?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
For some reason I am envisioning Moses looking like the guy on the cover of the band Electric Wizard Dopethrone album. If you like the old Black Sabbath sound you will probably like them.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member

Those aren't horns, simply a statue of Moses wearing these;
catears.jpg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
i would think it a mistranslation. kind of like jesus and the others, siddhartha, and other saisnts walking around with halos over their heads. horns tend to represent power and the ability to defend, push, et al.

i go with @Jedster 's response.

So Moses came down from Mount Sinai. And as Moses came down from the mountain bearing the two tablets of the Pact, Moses was not aware that the skin of his face was radiant, since he had spoken with Him.

we see the same inference

the Israelites would see how radiant the skin of Moses’ face was. Moses would then put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

the horns of cernunnos are respresentative of enlightenment, just as the symbol of the uraeus is representative of enlightenment.

The Horns of Moses:Old Symbols and New Meanings - Commentary

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think the horns came when Moses was horribly traumatized by his flock of sheep.

God's saw Moses and gave him horns so he may defend himself lest any sheep cause more grievous harm past what already has been done.

Fortunately archaeologists have dug up the actual footage of Moses being attacked by his sheep as it graphically plays out in all its rawness. Not for the faint-of-heart for those who would rather avoid witnessing this vicious attack on Moses by his sheep causing him to fall on his bum not once, but twice. The anguished screams by Moses can be heard in the end as he cries out to God for deliverance. Shudder!!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think the horns came when Moses was horribly traumatized by his flock of sheep.

God's saw Moses and gave him horns so he may defend himself lest any sheep cause more grievous harm past what already has been done.

Fortunately archaeologists have dug up the actual footage of Moses being attacked by his sheep as it graphically plays out in all its rawness. Not for the faint-of-heart for those who would rather avoid witnessing this vicious attack on Moses by his sheep causing him to fall on his bum not once, but twice. The anguished screams by Moses can be heard in the end as he cries out to God for deliverance. Shudder!!

i've seen this before too.