• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Moses break the tablets with God's law on them?

Remté

Moses as the author of the books in the Bible saying so has said that he did break them.
It would imply there can be mercy and forgiveness for such sins

It raises some important other issues. People are broken, fallen creatures and
even Moses or David are people who are fallen broken needy people, in need of forgiveness
Moses wasn't the author of the book.

whirlingmerc

He would indeed have been the best, but his writings were insufficient and as such the book "of Moses" is really just a book where Moses is a character.

Interesting view... but why do you think that?

I would agree the ending of the book was edited as postscript... and I would sgree the geographical names updated from the old names to modern for the hearers (like Jerusalem) But I'm sticking with Moses as original author

Remté

Interesting view... but why do you think that?

I would agree the ending of the book was edited as postscript... and I would sgree the geographical names updated from the old names to modern for the hearers (like Jerusalem) But I'm sticking with Moses as original author
God tells moses about moses' own life, Moses supposedly writes about his own burial afterwards, it talks about past when, if written by Moses, it should speak of the present; "at that time" ..... Moses' time happened.... - *writes Moses about the present day.