• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Worship Self?

MJFlores

I think that the question is very contextual. Even Oneness Pentecostals separate the jesus as man incarnation, afaik.
Sort of abstract question considering that Jesus said he was one with the father.
God can hardly be a servant of himself.

Matthew 10:24
“The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.

Both of you are correct.

That is why God is not Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is not God.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken,and will He not make it good?

John 8:40
But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.

Matthew 8:20
And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

You put two and two together, you know that Oneness Pentecostal and the Trinitarian doctrines are not found in the scriptures.

View attachment 17713

MJFlores

I knew that if I posed the same question it would answer yours.

It would really be fun, if you would answer first. Hehehe!

9b6StarwarsLuke.gif

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The oneness Christ shared with his Father was unity of thought and purpose. Since Jesus never once said he was God, the question in the OP is redundant. Jesus said to worship the Father "alone" (Luke 4:8) He also called his Father "the only true God" (John 17:3) so there is no autolatry because Jesus is not God and never was. He is a "servant" of his Father as Acts 4:27-30 says.....

"27 for of a truth in this city against thy holy Servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together, 28 to do whatsoever thy hand and thy council foreordained to come to pass. 29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness, 30 while thou stretchest forth thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of thy holy Servant Jesus." (ASV)

God can hardly be a servant of himself.
Actually service to self is the state of the Most High. it cannot serve other self because there is no god beside; if Isaiah spoke the truth. thus Jesus was a servant sent to serve other servants. And the Absolute serves all that is within itself, paramatman.

I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside(outside) me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Was Jesus a practitioner of autolatry?

Did Jesus promote the worship of himself?

I believe Jesus did not exalt self as a concept for people but He has always held Himself in high regard as God does. God is definitiely a promoter of Himself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Truth of it is that jesus was merely a charismatic orator and actually denied being the Messiah. This is recorded in the Islamic texts, clearly. The bible won't reflect that because they were not interested in the truth.

When Pilate warned Jesus, he needed Pilates word, and promptly retired from the charismatic speaker career and grabbed his wife and went west to the shore of the Mediterranean and became a Fisher of fish.

The followers of Jesus who had insisted that he was the son of God only because they found a career in recalling their time with Jesus and the bigger the man the bigger the denarii. Before long they had him walking on water and raising the dead, both of which the Krishna had done thousands of years earlier.

By the time Constantine caught wind of these stories, they had become really huge, and that is the Jesus that was written in to the new testament. There are tells about this in the new testament, including the fact that both Mark and Luke have statements about the notion of jesus's resurrection being the "second deception",

So, then what was the first deception?

Was it that Jesus was not the guy that everyone thinks he was.

Jesus never even know how big he actually became so, the answer to your question is no.

I believe it is absolutely not clear and not stated as such.

I believe that is a fantasy without any evidence.

I don't believe there is a consensus.

I believe it was that man could be like God with knowledge of good and evil. ("The truth! The truth! You can't even handle the truth.")

Muffled

Jesus in me
What utter nonsense, from beginning to end. The islamic texts are the delusional utterances of a murderer and child molester. Your exegesis is about as intelligent as that of a squid.

I don't believe I would characterize Him that way any more than I would say that Jesus did miracles by Beelzebub and I believe the Qu'ran to be the Word of God. I do believe some Christians enjoy demonizing Islam perhaps for the same reason some religious people demonize the Pope, because there are some things they disagree on as to exegesis and the practices of some members.

I don't believe that I am aware of the intelligence level of a squid but I do agree it doesn't take much intelligence to simply buy into a teaching without examining the rationale behind it. No doubt the rationale is faulty but then that happens a lot in religious circles.