• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Worship Self?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Was Jesus a practitioner of autolatry?

Did Jesus promote the worship of himself?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I see our true Self as what we call God, so yes worshiping your true Self is worshiping God.

Are you differentiating between the personality and the Spirit that pervades the Absolute? possibly every religion but under the guise of some other nomenclature?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Are you differentiating between the personality and the Spirit that pervades the Absolute? possibly every religion but under the guise of some other nomenclature?
Yes our personality is conditioning and programming plus gens, this is who we believe ourselves to be, when in fact we are not. There is only One, one Source, one God, and we and everything else is One within this Source, we are not separate as many will try to tell us, we don't have to worship or crawl back to the Source because we are the Source and this is what a man like Jesus has realized.

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
The Truth of it is that jesus was merely a charismatic orator and actually denied being the Messiah. This is recorded in the Islamic texts, clearly. The bible won't reflect that because they were not interested in the truth.

When Pilate warned Jesus, he needed Pilates word, and promptly retired from the charismatic speaker career and grabbed his wife and went west to the shore of the Mediterranean and became a Fisher of fish.

The followers of Jesus who had insisted that he was the son of God only because they found a career in recalling their time with Jesus and the bigger the man the bigger the denarii. Before long they had him walking on water and raising the dead, both of which the Krishna had done thousands of years earlier.

By the time Constantine caught wind of these stories, they had become really huge, and that is the Jesus that was written in to the new testament. There are tells about this in the new testament, including the fact that both Mark and Luke have statements about the notion of jesus's resurrection being the "second deception",

So, then what was the first deception?

Was it that Jesus was not the guy that everyone thinks he was.

Jesus never even know how big he actually became so, the answer to your question is no.

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
The Truth of it is that jesus was merely a charismatic orator and actually denied being the Messiah. This is recorded in the Islamic texts, clearly. The bible won't reflect that because they were not interested in the truth.

When Pilate warned Jesus, he needed Pilates word, and promptly retired from the charismatic speaker career and grabbed his wife and went west to the shore of the Mediterranean and became a Fisher of fish.

The followers of Jesus who had insisted that he was the son of God only because they found a career in recalling their time with Jesus and the bigger the man the bigger the denarii. Before long they had him walking on water and raising the dead, both of which the Krishna had done thousands of years earlier.

By the time Constantine caught wind of these stories, they had become really huge, and that is the Jesus that was written in to the new testament. There are tells about this in the new testament, including the fact that both Mark and Luke have statements about the notion of jesus's resurrection being the "second deception",

Jesus never even know how big he actually became so, the answer to your question is no.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

i actually have read accounts that he implemented jada samadhi and was revivified after being crucified. He then went to kashmir pakistan where solomon's temple is located and some believe that moshe and mary were buried.

Last edited:

shmogie

What utter nonsense, from beginning to end. The islamic texts are the delusional utterances of a murderer and child molester. Your exegesis is about as intelligent as that of a squid.

MJFlores

Why don't we have sensible questions like this? This is beyond excellent and I love to answer but I would give @KenS the glory [praise and honor] to answer this excellent question which demands an answer which should be equally world class!

View attachment 17695

MJFlores

Why don't we have sensible questions like this? This is beyond excellent and I love to answer but I would give @KenS the glory [praise and honor] to answer this excellent question which demands an answer which should be equally world class!

View attachment 17695

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

View attachment 17695
Does God promote worship of Himself?

@MJFlores, sometimes you really are funny. You basically wave a wand and hope it goes away.

MJFlores

Does God promote worship of Himself?

@MJFlores, sometimes you really are funny. You basically wave a wand and hope it goes away.

The question was:

autoclary.JPG

On the question: Was Jesus a practitioner of autolatry?

Jesus did not practice autolatry or self worship.

He worshiped God and prayed to God.

Luke 6:12
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.

How did he pray and to whom did he pray?

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

On the question: Did Jesus promote the worship of himself?

Jesus did not promote the worship of him, but somebody else did. Who is this somebody?

Philippians 2:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

So God promoted Jesus to be worshiped even though he is a man but he is not an ordinary man like you and me but a very special man as we can read in:

Acts 2:22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

“My fellow Israelites, listen to these words: Jesus from Nazareth was a very special man. God clearly showed this to you. He proved it by the miracles, wonders, and miraculous signs he did through Jesus. You all saw these things, so you know this is true.

The Lord God the Father is to be worshiped Matthew 4:10

but since the Lord God exalted Jesus, hence he became an exception to the rule.

The Lord Jesus Christ, who is a man is to be worshiped for the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:9-11

MJFlores

Leavened bread is breaking the rules.

Yes, that is why we have unleavened bread every Lord's supper.

But I eat leavened bread for breakfast.
upload_2017-5-26_10-54-18.jpeg

But this has nothing to do with the question Did Jesus Worship Himself?

I respectfully say no he did not.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, that is why we have unleavened bread every Lord's supper.

But I eat leavened bread for breakfast.
View attachment 17712

But this has nothing to do with the question Did Jesus Worship Himself?

I respectfully say no he did not.
I think that the question is very contextual. Even Oneness Pentecostals separate the jesus as man incarnation, afaik.
Sort of abstract question considering that Jesus said he was one with the father.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think that the question is very contextual. Even Oneness Pentecostals separate the jesus as man incarnation, afaik.
Sort of abstract question considering that Jesus said he was one with the father.

The oneness Christ shared with his Father was unity of thought and purpose. Since Jesus never once said he was God, the question in the OP is redundant. Jesus said to worship the Father "alone" (Luke 4:8) He also called his Father "the only true God" (John 17:3) so there is no autolatry because Jesus is not God and never was. He is a "servant" of his Father as Acts 4:27-30 says.....

"27 for of a truth in this city against thy holy Servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together, 28 to do whatsoever thy hand and thy council foreordained to come to pass. 29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness, 30 while thou stretchest forth thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of thy holy Servant Jesus." (ASV)

God can hardly be a servant of himself.