• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 8:56-58
New King James Version (NKJV)
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Why did you capitalize I AM instead of how it was written as I am ?

The Greek root does say 'am' in the present tense at John 8 v 58.
But, the expression of past time appears in the sentence, so the present-tense verb can be translated as if it had begun in the past time continuing up the the present time which can translate as 'I have been'.
So, before Abraham was then Jesus existed. Existed in the heavens as the beginning of the creation by God. [Rev. 1v5 A; 3 v14 B]

Shermana

Heretic
Lione D' ea: Case was, the Christ is not man, wherefore in John 8:58 indicates no man can live 4,000 years to say he see Abraham.
He was referring to his existence as a Spirit Being, the personification of Wisdom, that's why they accuse him of making himself to be "a god".

Shermana

Heretic
It was a strict copy and paste from the source.

We've discussed the "I AM" thing a whole lot in the last few pages with other translations, it should be read as "I have been", and it's a Trinitarian liberty to write it as "I AM" capitalized as if he's actually even saying His name is the same as the usual Tetragrammaton, which is "I shall be", not "I am".

Satyamavejayanti

I have been asked to produce evidence of the divinity of Jesus. This is not just good evidence, it is overwhelming evidence.

Words of Jesus

John 14:9 ... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father
John 14:10 ... the words that I say unto you , I speak not from myself but from the Father abiding in Me doeth His works
John 14:11 ... I am in the Father and the Father in Me
John 10:30 I and My Father are one
John 10:33 ... thou being a man makest Thyself God
John 8:58 Jesus said ... before Abraham was born, Jah (Jah is the short form of Jeshovah)
John 8:59 They took up stones therefore to cast at Him
Mark 2:5 and Jesus seeing their faith saith ... thy sins are forgiven
Mark 2:7 ... who can forgive sins but one, even God
Mark 10:17 ... good teacher Mark 10:18 Why callest Me good? None is good save one, even God John 10:11 I am the good shepherd
Mat. 1:21 ... call his name Jesus; for it is He that shall save his people from their sins
Prophecies of the Messiah Jesus
Isa. 45:21 ... I, Jehovah? and there is no God else besides Me a just God and savior, there is none besides Me
Isa. 7:14 ... a sign: behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel (God with us)
Isa 9:6 a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called: Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Attributes of God
Omnipresence
John 1:46 Nathaniel saith unto Him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him Before Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
John 1:49 Nathaniel answered him, Rabbi thou art the Son of God; thou art King of Israel.
John 1:50 Jesus answered ... thou shalt see greater things than these
Omniscience
Luke 6:8 ...the Pharisees watched Him ... that they might find how to accuse him but He knew their thoughts
John 4:17 ... Thou sayest well, I have no husband
John 4:18 for thou hast had five husbands and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband
Omnipotence
Mark 4:41 ... Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?

(He turned water into wine, multiplied bread, healed the sick and the blind, raised a man who was dead for four days)
Authority
Luke 4:36 ... for with authority and power He commandeth the unclean spirits and they come out
Mat 7:29 for He taught them as one having authority
Mat 28:18 ... Jesus ...spake... saying, all authority hath been given unto Me in heaven and on earth
The "I am" statements of Jesus
John 8:12 ... I am the light of the world
John 14:6 ... I am the way, the truth and the life
John 6:35 ... I am the bread of life
John 10:9 I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved
John 11:25 ... I am the resurrection and the life
John 15:1 I am the true vine (this is a reference to Jesus being the Paraclete)

This is no proof, its the bible that is claiming these things, you have to use a external source to back the bible up, you cant use the bible as evidence as the bible is the one in question.

Using your Logic, the Koran, The Bahai, The Torah and all other books that state a claim to divinity and proof of miracles are also proof of their own.
Therefore these could pose a challenge to the Bible, the Koran or Bahai being post bible can be taken as more accurate regarding the statements in the Bible.

More external sources are required for any proof.

Satyamavejayanti

Would visual proof of God, satisfy you?

Yes, why not.

All im saying is that the book in question should not be used as proof.

If we do that then every book that claims divinity is proof or its own divinity.

If i write a book saying its from GOD, you ask for proof and i read you a passage from my book which says this book is from GOD, will you accept this as proof.

Satyamavejayanti

The book is from me Book

This from God Google Maps

And here is some context around that image Isaiah's Vision

Ok, that was nice, specially the dude in glasses.

if you call this proof, then you have to accept the similar proofs from other religions, search Krishna city discovered or Rama bridge in google.

atleast these Rama and Krishna have archiological "proofs" that conform to the associated texts.

people see what they want to see, clouds look like rabbits, man in the moon ect, kinda thing.
where is the "Hard evidence"?

Satyamavejayanti

In your heart when you take the time to really contemplate the material I've just shown you. But such a quick dismissal says more about your closed mind than anything else.

Sorry if it seems im closed minded, did you look up the Krishna and Rama things?

Would you believe the City of Krishna has been discovered, and the bridge between Lanka and India that Ram took is also there.
Many Hindus know of this, but quite few will use it as proof of divinity of the Gita and Ramayana.
Why? because they don't have to prove anything, they don't convert people to their fold by showing them proof of their religion. Majority people come to Hinduism by their own accord.

Why does Christianity in particular has to prove it self?

And anyway, what does Arizona have to do with Jesus being GOD???

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
This is no proof, its the bible that is claiming these things, you have to use a external source to back the bible up, you cant use the bible as evidence as the bible is the one in question.

Using your Logic, the Koran, The Bahai, The Torah and all other books that state a claim to divinity and proof of miracles are also proof of their own.
Therefore these could pose a challenge to the Bible, the Koran or Bahai being post bible can be taken as more accurate regarding the statements in the Bible.

More external sources are required for any proof.

It's not so much that he needs to find external sources per se. The issues with the OP's quotes is that each and everyone of them is out of context.

Last edited:

Satyamavejayanti

My proofs are to show how religions have distorted the texts - not prove any religion. If you read the thread - I show that Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah, is not God and that the Lights over Phoenix were Lights over this mountain area. I know, I was a witness at the home this was recorded at [youtube]V-9I7-rf5G8[/youtube]
Phoenix Lights March 13, 1997 - Full Original Video - YouTube

The biblical text, Hopi Mythology, Kabbalah - all speak to the images and the experience of transformation that word and symbol Phoenix represents. But if you have no interest in these matters....move on down.

Sorry i don't have interest in that, i was mealy addressing the original post about proof of jesus.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It doesn't matter because John is written in Hebrew anyway. We don't know if the Hebrew Ayeh Asher Ayeh means I AM.

If Ayeh Asher Ayeh means I Am that I AM then I believe from a Kabbalistic Standpoint it means I AM (as in I AM the God that Lead you Out of Egypt) that I AM (the Holy Shekinah that asks that you remove your shoes because you are standing on my ground).

It represents the very top of the Tree of Life and the very Bottom of the Tree of Life as they meet within the stillness of an unextinguishable fire.

John was written in Greek.

John 8:58 says (Ego eimi) "I am."

Exodus 3:14 (Septuagint) says (Ego eimi ho on) "I am The Being"

Exodus 3:13 (Hebrew) say (Eyheh Asher Eyheh) "I shall be what I shall be"
see: (Exodus - Chapter 3 (Parshah Shemot) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible)

Shermana

Heretic
The gospels would like to cast the Jews as crucifying Jesus for saying this
No, that's what Trinitarians would like the gospels to say, the gospels say that he was crucified for being the "King of the Jews". His actual charge was for declaring G-d to be his father.

Last edited:

joneyjolly

anyone who thinks jesus is/was god needs a psychiatrist for sure. stop looking verbs n provers n start seeing sense just common sense.

jasonwill2

Jesus isn't God, he was a liar and exploitative magician. His miracles were acts of magic that were blown exponentially out of proportion, probably with much retelling until his Disciples decided to just go with the bigger versions of the story.

Satan is The Son and Spirit in One, and Leviathan is his Father.

Or at least I sometimes say it that way in my head for it to be easier to relate to. It's kind of weird having only two primary gods. It's not a trinity, but has two, so I don't know what that would be. Also I have no "evil" figure as My God has no army of angels or daemons bar what spirits choose to follow him in the afterlife.

Most lesser spirits cling to various pagan or Abrahamic gods as they are more easily perceived.

So Jesus isn't god, he was just a mortal man. Mary Joseph had sex and had Jesus just like normal people do. the part about the virgin birth and her becoming pregnant before marriage was probably just added in later.

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
Dirty Penguin; Yes it does. It's important enough to theologians to the point of trying to determine whether the prophecy is talking about Mahershalalhashbaz or Hezikiah. [/COLOR]

The prophecy is meant for King Ahaz and the people of Judah. I've elaborated plenty to this fact with scripture and independent commentary. The child born, in my opinion, was Mahershalalhashbaz. This was the sign that (God was with the people of Judah).

Lione D' ea: (Issue: Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 8:1-22) I see the conflict in your statement brother, to whom rests this prophecy, really means, to Ahaz and the people of Judah or to the child Immanuel or to Hezikiah, where here in three?

You don't understand the verse. I find that most Christians don't. I'll break the verse down.

Isaiah 9:5 --> (Yeshayahu - Chapter 9 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible)
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us

At this point the child has already been born. This isn't a future prophecy. It had already occurred (see Isaiah 8:3).

Lione D' ea: Again, did the child already exist there when he born by the young woman at that time, do you have any specific information in Bible can we read to prove the Immanuel there appeared in that time, what is your answer?

and the authority is upon his shoulder

He has been given authority.

and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father

In this structure it is saying that "God" (called him, the child that was born, The Prince of Peace)

called his name, "the prince of peace."

Even if we viewed the verse in KJV (LXX) format,
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

A case can be made that the "mighty God" rendered there can mean (mighty god) or (mighty power) see: Psalms 81:9, 82:1, Ezekiel 31:11 etc . There are other verses that are on point with such renderings. So just because we see the capital ("G") in the KJV in English of Isaiah 9:5 does not mean the word should have been rendered that way considering the word can be used for (God, gods, angels and men).

The rendering provided at the link(s) above flow much better when you read beyond Isaiah 9:5. The context plays a big part here.

Lione D' ea: Then let us see the Jewish Bible if that God in King James Version is on wrong:

For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace." (The complete Jewish Bible)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (King James Version)

Lione D' ea: Almost identical to the word of God rendered both two(2) versions, you did not answer yet the question, again If the child himself was not God, why in 9:5 of Isaiah said: "For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace." Also you quoted "God", the questions is, did the verse tell us the born child is God or not, if not why the verse state, the mighty God?

Originally Posted by Dirty Penguin
You're making the assumption it has to say mother. Remember, a young woman can be a wife and she can have a child. To be called (almah) doesn't mean you had to be a virgin. Even after the birth of Yeshua, Mary was still a young woman. Some estimate that she was a pre-teen/teenager of 12 or 13 when she gave birth. She was still a young woman. Moreover, it wouldn't really make any sense the say ('the mother will giver birth to a son'). The focus wasn't on the fact that she already had a son rather it was to focus on a child being born as a sign to the people of Judah.

Lione D' ea: (1) I did not any state a young-woman CANNOT be a wife and she CANNOT have a child, if you remember also, I said:Just clear, you said that this is second child, does indicate Immanuel is not the first-born, why not said in verse 14 the term Mother if she turned this second child which is Immanuel was her second-born?, (2) To be called (almah) doesn't mean you had to be a virgin., I did not state to be called almah is to had to be a virgin, because the verse tell us the young woman is Virgin, what is the proof, 9:5 of Isaiah Read your scripture, "For a child has been born to us, a son", Plural or singular, therefore my question again in Isaiah 7:14, before the young-woman conceive, is she a Virgin?

I agree as well.

Lione D' ea: I agree because, the word Her or she mentioned on proverbs 8:1-3 paragraph is not human it is word, because the Her and she is denoting in wisdom there, the word wisdom...so not because we personified the word She or Her it is a Man, that is wrong, because it is not only apply on person, but it represent also in something like the word Motherland, Mothership, does that mean you represent the Motherland and Mothership personified in Her and She can we conclude it is feminine, wrong, how much more the word wisdom, is wisdom is feminine, exactly not, much more the Son of God speak in verse 8:12,22 He is not Man in eternal was.

True. And we never refer to Yeshua in the feminine concerning him being the "wisdom of God". Not to mention that Proverbs 8:22, 24 and 25 appears to be talking about something that was (created).

I don't understand your English here. Can you clarify what you mean?

Lione D' ea: Let us read Proverbs 8:22,24-25 Read

"The Lord acquired me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old."

24 I was created when there were yet no deeps, when there were no fountains replete with water.

25. I was created before the mountains were sunk, before the hills;(The complete Jewish Bible)

Lione D' ea: If he really created by God according you and the scripture, why did the 8:22 said before His works if he was first created, is there a problem in translating?

(end.)

Last edited:

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
Jesus isn't God, he was a liar and exploitative magician. His miracles were acts of magic that were blown exponentially out of proportion, probably with much retelling until his Disciples decided to just go with the bigger versions of the story.

Satan is The Son and Spirit in One, and Leviathan is his Father.

Or at least I sometimes say it that way in my head for it to be easier to relate to. It's kind of weird having only two primary gods. It's not a trinity, but has two, so I don't know what that would be. Also I have no "evil" figure as My God has no army of angels or daemons bar what spirits choose to follow him in the afterlife.

Most lesser spirits cling to various pagan or Abrahamic gods as they are more easily perceived.

So Jesus isn't god, he was just a mortal man. Mary Joseph had sex and had Jesus just like normal people do. the part about the virgin birth and her becoming pregnant before marriage was probably just added in later.

Lione D' ea: Many false-christ appears at this time, did you ashamed of being a liar, you have to glad it if your false-christ do lying, the out come of your statement is you insult your own father satan.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus as a title is called Mighty God, but Jesus is never addressed as Almighty God.

Jesus is Everlasting Father because father means: life giver.
Jesus 'gives life' by resurrecting people to either heaven [Rev 20v6; 5vs9,10]
or resurrection people back to life on a paradisaic earth during his 1000-year reign over earth. In the resurrection one's life can become eternal life or everlasting life.

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun