• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Mention Mohamed in John 14? Only directed to Muslims

Right, you admitted he never says he was God.
Jesus did say He was God, that’s why the Pharisee’s wanted to stone Him. Please comprehend this: Jesus did not use the
EXACT WORDS you’re asking for yet with Muhammed you take incredible leaps and mental gymnastics to say that Muhammed is mentioned by name in the Bible.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus did say He was God, that’s why the Pharisee’s wanted to stone Him. Please comprehend this: Jesus did not use the
EXACT WORDS you’re asking for yet with Muhammed you take incredible leaps and mental gymnastics to say that Muhammed is mentioned by name in the Bible.

It's the opposite, it's mental gymnastics to derive trinity from the Bible, while if you don't play trinity game, Mohammad (s) is very clearly in there as he is an instance of the holy spirit, he also took that Job.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus (a) says he is the light of the world, this is the same exact position of the holy spirit and it's function. This shows holy spirit is always taken in it's position by someone. This is why we know Elijah (a) came back, because he was like John (a) who was also the leader and light of the world and there is always a person to hold this position on earth. As Jesus (a) was going to heaven, there needs to be a witness on earth who is the spirit of truth and is the opposite to the spirit of deceit with every soul. There needs to be a guide and that was Elyas (a) between Isa (a) and Mohammad (s), and Mohammad (s) is obviously the one predicted by Jesus (a) by the way he describes him. And Mohammad (s) takes the position of the holy spirit when he is raised as a Prophet.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The holy spirit position is synonymous with Imamate:

O God,
surely Thou hast confirmed Thy religion in all times
with an Imam whom Thou hast set up
as a guidepost to Thy servants
and a lighthouse in Thy lands,
after his cord has been joined to Thy cord!
Thou hast appointed him the means to Thy good pleasure,
made obeying him obligatory,
cautioned against disobeying him,
and commanded
following his commands,
abandoning his prohibitions,
and that no forward-goer go ahead of him
or back-keeper keep back from him!218
So he is the preservation of the shelter-seekers,
the cave of the faithful,
the handhold of the adherents,
and the radiance of the worlds!

- Sahifa Sajjadiya

It's the opposite, it's mental gymnastics to derive trinity from the Bible, while if you don't play trinity game, Mohammad (s) is very clearly in there as he is an instance of the holy spirit, he also took that Job.
This cannot be Muhammed:
He is living inside of believers.
11. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If someone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, which is what you are.

12. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit is God.
13. Acts 5:3-5 Peter asked, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart so that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back some of the money you got for the land? As long as it remained unsold, wasn’t it your own? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? So how could you have thought of doing what you did? You didn’t lie only to men, but also to God!” When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died. And great fear seized everyone who heard about it.

14. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit can be grieved.
16. Ephesians 4:30 And don’t grieve God’s Holy Spirit. You were sealed by Him for the day of redemption.

17. Isaiah 63:10 “Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.”
This is just a few of the many Scriptures

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This cannot be Muhammed:
He is living inside of believers.
11. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If someone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, which is what you are.

12. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit is God.
13. Acts 5:3-5 Peter asked, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart so that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back some of the money you got for the land? As long as it remained unsold, wasn’t it your own? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? So how could you have thought of doing what you did? You didn’t lie only to men, but also to God!” When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died. And great fear seized everyone who heard about it.

14. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit can be grieved.
16. Ephesians 4:30 And don’t grieve God’s Holy Spirit. You were sealed by Him for the day of redemption.

17. Isaiah 63:10 “Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.”
This is just a few of the many Scriptures

You don't understand Imamate and Mohammad (s) and his family are with all things and live in all things and lives yes with all human beings inside them, as Quran speaks about the witness in that way, as a close companion in the journey and light of the world, but you keep seeing it one direction, one way, and can't understand holy spirit is actually the spirit of a human being chosen by God on earth right now, and it's the 12th Imam (a) currently who occupies the seat of God and God rules through him.

You have to do some research on the light nature of Imammate of Mohammad (s) and his Successors (a), otherwise, you going to keep this holy spirit 1/3 trinity thing and won't be able to see the perspective I'm speaking about.

The Sufis had this concept as the Qutb (pole) of time and also believed in the 12 Successors of the Prophet (s) to have this position.

In fact there is these options of holy spirit:

It's an Angel.
It's a god
It's God
It's a human being
It's a position occupied by.....

I take the last position, it's a position, it's not one human being that is the holy spirit in all times, nor is it an Angel nor is it a god nor is it God himself, and so it's a position occupied by the chosen human king of a time.

It's leadership that is inward and hidden, light of God just as Jesus said he was the light of the world so long as he was here.

Trinity is invented to obscure the clear name and prophesy in the gospels about Mohammad (s).

Last edited:
You don't understand Imamate and Mohammad (s) and his family are with all things and live in all things and lives yes with all human beings inside them, as Quran speaks about the witness in that way, as a close companion in the journey and light of the world, but you keep seeing it one direction, one way, and can't understand holy spirit is actually the spirit of a human being chosen by God on earth right now, and it's the 12th Imam (a) currently who occupies the seat of God and God rules through him.

You have to do some research on the light nature of Imammate of Mohammad (s) and his Successors (a), otherwise, you going to keep this holy spirit 1/3 trinity thing and won't be able to see the perspective I'm speaking about.

The Sufis had this concept as the Qutb (pole) of time and also believed in the 12 Successors of the Prophet (s) to have this position.

In fact there is these options of holy spirit:

It's an Angel.
It's a god
It's God
It's a human being
It's a position occupied by.....

I take the last position, it's a position, it's not one human being that is the holy spirit in all times, nor is it an Angel nor is it a god nor is it God himself, and so it's a position occupied by the chosen human king of a time.

It's leadership that is inward and hidden, light of God just as Jesus said he was the light of the world so long as he was here.

Trinity is invented to obscure the clear name and prophesy in the gospels about Mohammad (s).
Thanks for your replies, my view, experience and biblical view is that when Jesus rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, He told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem till the promise of the Holy Spirit comes. On Pentecost this is exactly what happened, when people trusted and received the Gospel message that Jesus died for their sins, was buried and rose again the third day they too were given the gift of eternal life with the guarantee of that promise, sealed with the Holy Spirit.
“In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Elijah (a) took that position and shows the whole wisdom of why Moses (a) and Elijah (a) appeared to Jesus (a).

Shakeel

You mean when he said he is the son of God?

You mean when he said he is the son of God?
“Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:54-59‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!””

And Moses and Abraham too before they were physically on earth existed as lights that glorified God. You guys interpret everything in a crazy way.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is embarrassing.

What's embarrassing about it? The Quran talks about a witness in all times for a reason and that all people be called with the witness, driver, and leader of their time. It also shows it's the right handed Qareen which means he is a close companion to every human.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The true kingdom (malakut) is within every soul, we all connected to God's light and each other through that world.

Shakeel

How does this give you such a false impression? Is it the grammatical mistake at the end?

Shakeel

What's embarrassing about it? The Quran talks about a witness in all times for a reason and that all people be called with the witness, driver, and leader of their time. It also shows it's the right handed Qareen which means he is a close companion to every human.
It's embarrassing you don't know the difference between God and the people you worship.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's embarrassing you don't know the difference between God and the people you worship.

God is absolute, they are finite and his worshipers who are his servants and they are those who he favored humanity regarding. I exalt them, I don't worship them. Worship is a sacred word that is reserved for the Creator, because he deserves a word that sets him apart from others and we should have a word of a level beyond what we would apply to his creation.

You probably mean I exalt the Imams, and to you it either seems awfully confusing how that is not equating to God or you wish to attack me with no proof.

How does this give you such a false impression? Is it the grammatical mistake at the end?
It makes perfect sense to me what’s being communicated and clear to those who wanted to stone Him.
“Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple,”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:59‬ ‭NKJV‬‬