• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Mention Mohamed in John 14? Only directed to Muslims

john14.6

Some Muslim Scholars Said Jesus was talking about Mohamed in John 14 ,What they said is not true and I know some of you know its a lie too. So my question To Muslims Do you Believe them? If you do tell me why and if you don’t tell me what you think the reason they lie

Shakeel

He was never mentioned in anywhere in Bible but still Muslim Scholars are saying Jesus talked about him but Jesus was talking about Holy Spirit not Mohamed
The part in the song of solomon fits the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) very well indeed, but it doesn't make sense with the holy spirit.

john14.6

The part in the song of solomon fits the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) very well indeed, but it doesn't make sense with the holy spirit.
Song of Solomon was talking about Jesus not Holy Spirit and Jesus was talking about Holy Spirit in John 14 not Mohamed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some Muslim Scholars Said Jesus was talking about Mohamed in John 14 ,What they said is not true and I know some of you know its a lie too. So my question To Muslims Do you Believe them? If you do tell me why and if you don’t tell me what you think the reason they lie
I have not heard about it before, but if jesus knew that Muhammad was coming later, it would not matter to me as a sufi.

Shakeel

Song of Solomon was talking about Jesus not Holy Spirit and Jesus was talking about Holy Spirit in John 14 not Mohamed.
What reason do you have to think that other than that it "must be so"? It says Muhammadim which is translated as the praised one, not as the altogether lovely.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
It would be reasonable to equate Muhammad (PBUH) with the comforter in John 14:26. Through Muhammad a new measure of truth and understanding was made manifest. As the Holy Spirit can be a term for Christ Himself, so too can it refer to Muhammad who is a Prophet of equal status with Christ. However, most Christians are unable to accept this and indeed many Muslims have little interest in the Christian Bible.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

I know this is for Muslims but your question is very disingenuous considering the fact that you admit that they (Muslim scholars) are lying about the paraclete? If you're dismissing their position already then why ask Muslims if they believe in a supposed lie? This is not even a sincere debate because you've already indicated you've dismissed the idea so why even talk about it?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
What reason do you have to think that other than that it "must be so"? It says Muhammadim which is translated as the praised one, not as the altogether lovely.

You do realise that chapter 5 of song of Solomon is the woman describing how sexually attracted she is to her lover right?

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely" - Chapter 5:16

So basically you are saying that the prophet of God is mentioned arbitrarily in a passage in the bible that is related to sexual appeal. Altogether lovely makes perfect sense in the context of the passage because she is describing how physically attractive he is. Translating the word to "praised one" makes no sense contextually.

john14.6

It would be reasonable to equate Muhammad (PBUH) with the comforter in John 14:26. Through Muhammad a new measure of truth and understanding was made manifest. As the Holy Spirit can be a term for Christ Himself, so too can it refer to Muhammad who is a Prophet of equal status with Christ. However, most Christians are unable to accept this and indeed many Muslims have little interest in the Christian Bible.
If you read Acts 1:8 and Acts 2:4 you understand why it can never be Mohamed

john14.6

I know this is for Muslims but your question is very disingenuous considering the fact that you admit that they (Muslim scholars) are lying about the paraclete? If you're dismissing their position already then why ask Muslims if they believe in a supposed lie? This is not even a sincere debate because you've already indicated you've dismissed the idea so why even talk about it?
The reason why I ask the question is Muslim scholars are manipulating Muslims I want the Muslims to know for a fact and Also Muslims dont question anything their Imam or Scholars says about Christians

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But he wasn't and the scholars knows but they still went ahead lying to Muslims because if they can prove Jesus prophecy about Mohamed then they can prove Mohamed is real not fake prophet
For me as a sufi Muhammad is of course real, just as Jesus was a real Prophet

exchemist

Veteran Member
The reason why I ask the question is Muslim scholars are manipulating Muslims I want the Muslims to know for a fact and Also Muslims dont question anything their Imam or Scholars says about Christians
You keep making this claim but where do you get it from? So far, no muslim respondent to your thread has confirmed that this passage is thought to refer to Mohammed.

Can you provide a link, or other reference, to support what you are saying?