• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus LIE, or is the Bible in error?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The time it took from Jesus was teaching to the scripture was written down it took many hundreds of years, do also remember that a lot of whatJesus did teach has not been added in to the bible.
An other aspect is that in the 2000 years the bible has been changed many times by men who did understand the text different then what Jesus did actually teach.

This is happening in mostly every religion so it is not just in Christian faith.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The time it took from Jesus was teaching to the scripture was written down it took many hundreds of years, do also remember that a lot of whatJesus did teach has not been added in to the bible.
An other aspect is that in the 2000 years the bible has been changed many times by men who did understand the text different then what Jesus did actually teach.

This is happening in mostly every religion so it is not just in Christian faith.
This is an HUGE exaggeration.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The time it took from Jesus was teaching to the scripture was written down it took many hundreds of years,
Actually, as far as history is concerned it was a very short time, 30-100 years.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am no expert on the Bible or the Christian faith but did not God or Jesus say something about if one word how the teaching is changed the teaching is no longer true? That is what i worry about in many religions today, Also in Buddhism as the path i follow.

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
Friend a BIG part of finding God {the entire Universe exist so that YOU can, could and should}

i'm sorry, belief in G-d doesn't make a person automatically good. Bernie Madoff????

borrowing from Buddism? i think, "practice makes perfect" :)

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
I see the fruits of the physical ideology and the spiritual ideology. There is no male and female. There is no black and white. There is no Jew or Greek. It's all physical, and dies and withers away. Only the spirit is infinite, the spirit saves the soul to become infinite. The flesh is useless.

started out constructive, ended destructive

mindlight

See in the dark
Did Jesus LIE, or is the Bible in error?

This seems to ME, to be a reasonable question given the ever growing multiplicity of faiths and churches

Neither.

Christian pluralism is testimony to the freedom of believers to encounter Gods truth in His grace.

The monolithic homogeneity of some fake religions is testimony to top down efforts to address the issues of appearance that plague you.

The reality is that every Christian regardless of degree of error and denominational label is a part of the body of Christ. It is in the Light of Him that the unity of the church is demonstrated and in the eyes of flesh that see only darkness that it is doubted