• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus have a sex life? Was Jesus gay?

Prometheus85

The traditional Christian view is that Jesus was celibate. If he was indeed a regular human as part of the Trinity, remaining celibate his entire life was one of his greatest miracles. Or was Jesus was gay, given his comments about his relationship to his "beloved disciple," traditionally associated with the John and his speech about two men in bed and two women grinding together (Luke 17:34-35),

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The traditional Christian view is that Jesus was celibate. If he was indeed a regular human as part of the Trinity, remaining celibate his entire life was one of his greatest miracles. Or was Jesus was gay, given his comments about his relationship to his "beloved disciple," traditionally associated with the John and his speech about two men in bed and two women grinding together (Luke 17:34-35),
I believe the answer is 'no' he was not celibate. I believe he was married to Mary Magdalene and that they had five children but only two lived to adulthood.

I heard this from channeling sources I respect. (serious).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Do you believe people can be completely celibate all through their lives today? (time difference and one's religious status are irrelevant)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Jesus was clearly gay.

jesus-loves-you-is-different-in-mexico.jpg

Prometheus85

I believe the answer is 'no' he was not celibate. I believe he was married to Mary Magdalene and that they had five children but only two lived to adulthood.

I heard this from channeling sources I respect. (serious).

The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence.
I agree but I wasn’t citing any biblical evidence. I was talking about modern day channeling of Jesus (serious). Only two of the five children lived to adulthood but he indeed has living descendants

Ellen Brown

What bearing on ANYTHING does his possible sex life have? This amounts to simple evil whispering.

Get your head out of the gutter.
Beloved disciple just means they were close. The verse about two men in a bed is better translated as two people and this verse in particular is about judgement day one goes to heaven the other doesnt. Point of this is dont waste your life on things not spiritually important. Women grinding is a reference to grinding wheat at a mill. Being celibate isnt hard for some. Part of christianity is understanding that YOU are in control of a robot known as your body. This is one of the points of fasting which jesus did 40 days of.

In the greek, men arent even there. Check it out.

Luke 17:34 - STR - with Study Resources - with Context - Study Desk

New Testament Greek - StudyLight.org

New Testament Greek - StudyLight.org