• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Ever Ask To Worship Him?

Steve

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Mighty God, Evalasting Father - I think he is worthy of worship, i think he is God. I agree with the apostle Thomas in that Jesus is "My Lord and my God!" john 20:28

Speaking of "Mighty God" the article at http://answersingenesis.org/creation/v12/i3/jehovahswitness.asp makes this point.
Ask him to read Isaiah 10:20,21 in his New World Translation. Verse 21 says, ‘A mere remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.’ A former Jehovah’s Witness elder, David Reed, suggests you say to the Witness: ‘Since Isaiah was a Jew and therefore believed in only one God-Jehovah-whom did Isaiah understand the Mighty God to be?’ Certainly Isaiah would have understood the Mighty God to be Jehovah. So the inspired Word written through Isaiah the prophet calls Jehovah the ‘Mighty God’, even though the Jehovah’s Witness admits that Isaiah 9:6 says Jesus is the ‘Mighty God’.

To reinforce the point, ask the Witness to read Jeremiah 32:18 in his own Bible. Remind him that the Watchtower society teaches that the Mighty God and the Almighty God are different. Jeremiah 32:18 gives the name of the Mighty God: ‘the true God, the great One, the mighty One, Jehovah of armies being his name.’ Then say to the Witness that as Jesus is the ‘Mighty God’, and Jehovah is the ‘Mighty God’, who must Jesus be? (Let him reach the conclusion himself that Jesus and Jehovah are one-as John 10:30 says.)
Also consider the following versus.

"This is what the LORD says-
Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:8

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:13

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:17-18

In Revelation 1:17-18 we find that the person speaking all of this has at some point been dead. Clearly Jesus.

Also

Isaiah 43:12
I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.
I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.

2 Peter 1:1-2
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Thus Isaiah 43:12 makes it clear that there is no other savior apart from God and 2 Peter 1:1 calls Jesus our God and Savior.

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Exodus 3:13-14
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

John 8:56-59
Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."
"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

The Jews certainly knew what he was implying, its obvious by their reaction.

Matthew 1:23
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us."