1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did jesus die...???

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by killah247, Dec 4, 2004.

1. cardero

cardero Citizen Mod

Ratings:
    +1,669
    Doesn't THE BOOK OF MORMON continue the adventures of Jesus after His resurrection? NetDoc thanks for the C.S. Lewis quote.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scuba Pete

Scuba Pete Le plongeur avec attitude...

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    There is one sect who believes so... I am not of that sect.

BTW, thanks for attributing something I said to C.S. Lewis... Which was it? I love and re-read many of his books so that is not too surprising. His insight into humanity is devastatingly clear.

3. Ronald

Ronald Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    So it seems we are all in agreement that the creator of all things loves repentant servants and is quick to forgive all our sins. And has provided everything we need to become like Him. The righteous of all nations will have a share in the world to come.
    Very Good! Shalom.:jiggy:

4. HelpMe

HelpMe ·´sociopathic meanderer`·

Ratings:
    +61
    1-why would there be?how many recordations of cruxifictions do you have?

2-why does it matter when the earliest recorded report of his death was?

5. croak

croak Trickster

Ratings:
    +211
    Well, what if I told you there are accounts from people who said he didn't die?

6. Scott1

Scott1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +950
    Are you saying that you have accounts from people who say he never died on the cross?

7. Scuba Pete

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    I would be mildly amused that someone had more faith in those works than in the Bible.

:D

8. robtex

robtex Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,149
    1) only one the Bible. No other collarborating source.

Which is odd. Here is something that is one of the greatest events ever told was never recorded outside of the Bible except when it used the Bible as a source. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

If Jesus was cruxified and than resurrected and resurrection is out of the norm that nobody other than Paul thought to record it and Paul didn't record it until some 30 years plus after the fact.

2) Here is why the time frame matters. Say you are a roman citizen when Jesus was cruxified....just a hypothical...you are a heathen, a gentile, a Jew...but something other than a Christian and you see this man killed by the romans only to raise from the dead three days later. It is the first and only time you have ever seen this in your life.....You up until that day did not believe in resurrection or maybe you did but never actually saw one. And what is your reaction to this uniquely witness event? Go on as if nothing happened and sometime down the road....30 or so years later.....some other fella writes about it for the first time.......Does that seem like a reasonable senerio to you?

9. Scuba Pete

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    First,

This is assuming that we have ALL literature from the day.

Secondly,

The second chapter of Acts records just what happened to many who saw the resurrection.

10. Scuba Pete

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    Thirdly,

there is already enough evidence to believe. If you have discounted what we already have, you would probably also discount any further evidence as well.

Fourthly,

A highly enraged and petulent Satan would do his best to obscure any and all references to the event. He wants to make this as difficult as possible for us to leave his grasp.

11. chuck010342

chuck010342 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30

12. Peace

Peace Quran & Sunnah

Ratings:
    +582
    I accept the challenge, in the day of the judgement we will see who is right and who is wrong.
    I am sure of what I believe in because it's the Truth from our God. The truth will be surely known to you either sonner or later.

Peace

13. croak

croak Trickster

Ratings:
    +211
    When He created us, He put some of Himself into us. Why does he need to do that again?

One thing I'd like to make clear. When Adam and Eve told Allah that they'd ate the forbidden fruit, they'd obviously asked Him for forgiveness as well, right? Now, if He didn't forgive them, He'd have gotten rid of the only 2 humans. Quite simple. However, He did forgive us. You think He didn't forgive us, because we were sent to Earth. But aren't we returned to Him after we die? If He didn't forgive us, Adam and Eve would have not had kids, who in turn had kids, and the list goes on till the people living today. In short, if He had not forgiven us, We wouldn't exist. So, since we exist, He has forgiven us. We don't need someone to die for us.

I'm not so sure if anything I wrote makes any sense. Maybe I should see a doctor.....

14. Scuba Pete

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    This is obviously going in my "Top 10 Assumptions made on RF" category. :D