• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus die and rise from the dead?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Tony Bristow-Stagg said:
There is ample proof. There is much more to life than material senses, so no guess is needed, as it takes good logic and good reasoning.

The bible gives this option as being 'Born Again'. That is someting that can be done in this life, if one so chooses.

Regards Tony
What "more" is there to life that you cannot verify through your senses, and how then could you verify the "more" exists?
I agree with one, your's is a reasonable approach.

I understand that Bahaullah wrote something in favor of science, yet the Bahaism people prefer to follow him in blind-faith as if they are living in the abode of mythology. Don't they, please?

Regards

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Using the biblle as proof of the bible does not work for me.
That sounds like saying using an encyclopedia does not prove the encyclopedia. Besides, there are sources other than the Bible which support the biblical accounts of the resurrection.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
His heart wasn´t beating, he wasn´t breathing , he had no blood pressure, his body temp, was way below the temp that causes death, his brain had no oxygen for a long period of time.

There is no completely about it, you are either dead or you are alive.

How does one know of all/each of these things. Just guessing, please?

Regards

Audie

Veteran Member
That sounds like saying using an encyclopedia does not prove the encyclopedia. Besides, there are sources other than the Bible which support the biblical accounts of the resurrection.

Yep likr muslim sources support the koran

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Tony Bristow-Stagg said:
There is ample proof. There is much more to life than material senses, so no guess is needed, as it takes good logic and good reasoning.

The bible gives this option as being 'Born Again'. That is someting that can be done in this life, if one so chooses.

Regards Tony

I agree with one, your's is a reasonable approach.

I understand that Bahaullah wrote something in favor of science, yet the Bahaism people prefer to follow him in blind-faith as if they are living in the abode of mythology. Don't they, please?

Regards

Ah. . . from a less biased perspective without your blindly devoted religious agenda no. All it says is you do not believe in Baha'u'llah.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One is exposing fallibility of Bahaullah, here, unnecessarily. Right, please?

Regards

Well what it is exposing, is your rejection of what Baha'u'llah offered. That is your Allah granted free will, which allows you that choice, with absolutly no predudice from me.

I can only wish you always well and happy.

Regards Tony

shmogie

Regards
I read a long article about this incident a few years ago in a magazine, Time, or Newsweek I think.

I recall a newspaper article as well.

I think this particular incident holds the record for the longest time that someone was "dead´´´´ then brought back to life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If I had a time machine I could make a lot of
money, betting Christians on what we would see
as we went to visit "historical" events!
I find we do have some 'historical' non-biblical testimony both from Jews and non-Jews.
Evidence of Jesus from non-Christian sources.
For example: Julian, Celsus, Porphyry, Hierocles admitted to the reality of Jesus preforming miracles,
but they like others often denied Jesus as being the person who performed them.
Thus, we do have the admission of the reality of the super-natural taking place.
This equals as an involuntary confession of a super-natural happening at that time frame.
What Jesus did was a 'token in advance' of the blessing benefits that Jesus will shower upon mankind.
That is why everyone was Not healed at that time frame.
Jesus was giving us a glimpse into the wonder-filled future coming under his 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Because at that millennium-long day there will be international ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is a fact that all those are just a strange fantasy, to me.
You were raised in it, I was not....................
You are so in the middle of it that you cannot see
what a weird story it is nor understand how religion
of any sort could be a matter of indifference.....................

I can see the reality of 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 that we are in the last days of badness on Earth.
For there it describes the growing self-centered distorted form of love the world in general now displays.
Today I heard on the radio that a clean-up crew while picking up thrown-out road-side trash, they, also while picking up trash thrown over a cliff, they got trash dropped right onto them.
The announcer said it was sad the minority make it bad for the majority.
What I have found (especially now after the snows have melted away) that is is Not the minority but the majority.
It is Not just road-side trash that shows disrespect, but think of all the other pollution going on.
So, it is Not man that will stop this, but as Revelation 11:18 B says: God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth.
How would Bible writers know that we would need divine involvement into mankind's affairs over people bringing ruin to Earth_______________ Ruin now international in both a literal and spiritual way.
So, I find it is 'man who is the matter of indifference' and Not God. The 'matter of difference' is coming .
- For the ' handwriting is on the wall ' .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think this particular incident holds the record for the longest time that someone was "dead´´´´ then brought back to life.
I remember reading that after being dead 4 days that everything stops at that 4-day point.
That piqued my interest because the longest dead person Jesus resurrected was 4-days dead - John chapter 11.
So then, even back then No one would think to say the 4-day dead person was Not actually dead.

Audie

Veteran Member
I find we do have some 'historical' non-biblical testimony both from Jews and non-Jews.
Evidence of Jesus from non-Christian sources.
For example: Julian, Celsus, Porphyry, Hierocles admitted to the reality of Jesus preforming miracles,
but they like others often denied Jesus as being the person who performed them.
Thus, we do have the admission of the reality of the super-natural taking place.
This equals as an involuntary confession of a super-natural happening at that time frame.
What Jesus did was a 'token in advance' of the blessing benefits that Jesus will shower upon mankind.
That is why everyone was Not healed at that time frame.
Jesus was giving us a glimpse into the wonder-filled future coming under his 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Because at that millennium-long day there will be international ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2.

Why "confess" or "admit"?
In those supetstitious days miracles were
common as dirt. Hell, they still are.
Miracle healings, weeping statues, blah
blah. So what? That makes "Jesus" your
Lord and Saviour a certain historical fact?

Anyway I was saying that the supernatural
events-6 day poof, adam and eve, flood,
exodus, babel sodom n gomorrah etc etc
did not happen, as would be shown if one
hsd a time machine.

Your robotic recitation of stuff about kingdom
come is irrelvant, and superfluous.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Anyway I was saying that the supernatural
events-6 day poof, adam and eve, flood,
exodus, babel sodom n gomorrah etc etc
did not happen, as would be shown if one
hsd a time machine............

I think you would have to have a time machine to prove or disprove the above.
Remember: in Scripture the ' 6-day poof ' was never six 24-hour days.
There is No mention in Genesis about the length of time,
No mention if each creative day was of the same length or of differing lengths of time.
Please notice that ALL of the creative days are summed up b the word ' day' at Genesis 2:4.
Thus, like today, the word day has shades of meaning.
Such as when we speak of Grandfather's day we know that does Not mean a 24-hour day.

Audie

Veteran Member
I can see the reality of 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 that we are in the last days of badness on Earth.
For there it describes the growing self-centered distorted form of love the world in general now displays.
Today I heard on the radio that a clean-up crew while picking up thrown-out road-side trash, they, also while picking up trash thrown over a cliff, they got trash dropped right onto them.
The announcer said it was sad the minority make it bad for the majority.
What I have found (especially now after the snows have melted away) that is is Not the minority but the majority.
It is Not just road-side trash that shows disrespect, but think of all the other pollution going on.
So, it is Not man that will stop this, but as Revelation 11:18 B says: God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth.
How would Bible writers know that we would need divine involvement into mankind's affairs over people bringing ruin to Earth_______________ Ruin now international in both a literal and spiritual way.
So, I find it is 'man who is the matter of indifference' and Not God. The 'matter of difference' is coming .
- For the ' handwriting is on the wall ' .

Gweilo see strange thing.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think you would have to have a time machine to prove or disprove the above.
Remember: in Scripture the ' 6-day poof ' was never six 24-hour days.
There is No mention in Genesis about the length of time,
No mention if each creative day was of the same length or of differing lengths of time.
Please notice that ALL of the creative days are summed up b the word ' day' at Genesis 2:4.
Thus, like today, the word day has shades of meaning.
Such as when we speak of Grandfather's day we know that does Not mean a 24-hour day.

I would take some wild poetic license
to get the six day poof to match earth's
history. The others I mentioned are make
believe.
Maybe our time machine could find the first
guy to tell a story that looks like it might
turn into "noahs ark".

But "flood". :D. Didnt happen.

Spartan

Did Jesus die and rise from the dead?

No, it never happened.
One may like to read:
"Jesus In India:

by Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, The Promised Messiah and Mahdi (as)

The treatise puts forward the view that Jesus survived crucifixion, left Judea and migrated eastward in order to continue his mission to the ‘Lost Tribes of Israel’, traveling through Persia and Afghanistan and eventually dying a natural and honourable death in Kashmir at an old age. Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad(as) applied textual analysis of both the Gospels and Islamic sources – the Quran and hadith – and also drew upon medical and historical material, including ancient Buddhist records, to argue his case.
Jesus In India | Islam Ahmadiyya

Regards

Jesus survived the crucifixion? Nope. Not in a million years.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
shmogie said:
His heart wasn´t beating, he wasn´t breathing , he had no blood pressure, his body temp, was way below the temp that causes death, his brain had no oxygen for a long period of time.

paarsurrey said:
I read a long article about this incident a few years ago in a magazine, Time, or Newsweek I think.
I recall a newspaper article as well.
This seems somebody's craftiness. There were no such instruments and or doctors/physicians to check:
  1. His (Jesus') heart wasn´t beating
  2. he wasn´t breathing
  3. he had no blood pressure
  4. his body temp, was way below the temp that causes death
  5. his brain had no oxygen for a long period of time.
So, please make a search as to who wrote such article and which reputed magazine published it and on what basis these point were made. May be it is also from the "Abode of Myth".

Anybody to research for it.

Regards

shmogie

shmogie said:

paarsurrey said:

This seems somebody's craftiness. There were no such instruments and or doctors/physicians to check:
  1. His (Jesus') heart wasn´t beating
  2. he wasn´t breathing
  3. he had no blood pressure
  4. his body temp, was way below the temp that causes death
  5. his brain had no oxygen for a long period of time.
So, please make a search as to who wrote such article and which reputed magazine published it and on what basis these point were made. May be it is also from the "Abode of Myth".

Anybody to research for it.

Regards
Paramedics were called were called when he was seen under the ice, and arrived shortly after he was brought out.

He had no heartbeat, he was not breathing, his heart was not beating, but, and here is the key, they were careful in warming him back up, and the cold retarded the natural processes of deterioration after death.

His brain was not damaged by deterioration from lack of oxygen because the need for oxygen in the brain, the cells, was retarded in the cold.

Since he recovered, brain wave activity did not completely stop, thus he was technically still alive.

Christ on the other hand was dead, there were not freak conditions that would have put him in suspended animation for three days.

He was miraculously brought back to life, by God.

Audie

Veteran Member
Paramedics were called were called when he was seen under the ice, and arrived shortly after he was brought out.

He had no heartbeat, he was not breathing, his heart was not beating, but, and here is the key, they were careful in warming him back up, and the cold retarded the natural processes of deterioration after death.

His brain was not damaged by deterioration from lack of oxygen because the need for oxygen in the brain, the cells, was retarded in the cold.

Since he recovered, brain wave activity did not completely stop, thus he was technically still alive.

Christ on the other hand was dead, there were not freak conditions that would have put him in suspended animation for three days.

He was miraculously brought back to life, by God.

You sound so sensible till that last line.