• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Create God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You suppose jesus christ created god and the universe, before himself? after himself?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my understanding Jesus is a part of God so they are same, just that Jesus had a physical body when he was on earth. God does not have a physical body. only spiritul (in my understanding)

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Jesus create God? I am not sure how that makes sense even if one accepts the orthodox trinitarian view of the Godhead...

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus create God? I am not sure how that makes sense even if one accepts the orthodox trinitarian view of the Godhead...

some believe that jesus, a person, created all that was before, all that is now, all that will be. i'm with you. that's why i asked the question.

thanks for sharing

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In my understanding Jesus is a part of God so they are same, just that Jesus had a physical body when he was on earth. God does not have a physical body. only spiritul (in my understanding)

isn't that basically all of us who reside on this blue sphere? we all have a mental(spiritual) and earthly aspect? our minds are encased in this clay? this statue?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
isn't that basically all of us who reside on this blue sphere? we all have a mental(spiritual) and earthly aspect?
If every human being did cultivate body and mind to enlightenment, yes we all would go back to the original state of Godhood or Buddhahood. So you can say every beings does have a little bit of God or Buddha nature within. But not everyone are able to find it and realize it. (again my understanding, so the truth can be somehat different then my view)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I thought Brahma created god(s).

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
You suppose jesus christ created god and the universe, before himself? after himself?
God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the same being in three persons...They existed before time and with one another they did not create each other.If you look at genisis chapter 1 God says: Let us create man in our own image. Plural not singular.

Regiomontanus

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the same being in three persons...They existed before time and with one another they did not create each other.If you look at genisis chapter 1 God says: Let us create man in our own image. Plural not singular.

Hello. This leads to another contradiction in the Bible [John 14:28 NIV]:

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

VoidCat

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."
Like I said 3 different person in one. Could not these persons have different abilities?Also there is an argument that Jesus emptied Himself of something(we don't know what) when He came to earth as human

VoidCat

Some say he emptied Himself of the use of His divine privileges independently without the Father's allowance.Others say He emptied Himself of His divine attributes...I don't know much about the theory so i can't say much on this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

if the person jesus existed before time, then why is he only recognized in a time frame and not before that period? or present in this period?

are other persons present in all time periods?

doesn't the formation of a personality pose an issue to what arises as changes in the personality from childhood to adulthood?

Last edited:

VoidCat

if the person jesus existed before time, then why is he only recognized in a time frame and not before that period? or present in this period?

are other persons present in all times?
Maybe He is just not too many people notice. The Bible in the old testament refers to God as Elohim which is plural. And He is present in this period.

Regiomontanus

Like I said 3 different person in one. Could not these persons have different abilities?Also there is an argument that Jesus emptied Himself of something(we don't know what) when He came to earth as human

Hello. This is the problem, in my humble opinion, with the Orthodox Trinitarian dogma. It defies logical explanation. And once one tries to differentiate (abilities, etc.) the three Persons I think it starts to sound like polytheism. That is why I think that modalism makes more sense:

"Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode."

https://www.theopedia.com/modalism

Peace

VoidCat

Hello. This is the problem, in my humble opinion, with the Orthodox Trinitarian dogma. It defies logical explanation. And once one tries to differentiate (abilities, etc.) the three Persons I think it starts to sound like polytheism. That is why I think that modalism makes more sense:

"Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode."

https://www.theopedia.com/modalism

Peace
God is complex. Who says God can be understand by humans or that He has to be?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

there is also the issue of what jesus is implying with I AM always with you. how can something come and go; if it's actually always there?

Matthew 28:20
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”