• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

did jesus condemn me to hell

JohnAmes

john 6:53 Jesus spoke.......

'unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. whoever
eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, for my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and i in him.

did jesus trick me, now i grew up in christian world, and i have pretended to drink the blood of jesus

Old Testament moses type law
Leviticus 17:10
'Eating blood forbidden' : Any israelite or foreigner living among them who eats blood,
I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people

no wonder im a reject

InChrist

Free4ever

'unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. whoever
eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, for my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

did jesus trick me, now i grew up in christian world, and i have pretended to drink the blood of jesus

'Eating blood forbidden' : Any israelite or foreigner living among them who eats blood,
I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people

no wonder im a reject
Why don’t you try reading the whole passage in context where it clearly clarifies that He is speaking spiritually, not literally about eating flesh and drinking blood.

JohnAmes

blood is illegal

ill inject his blood through a syringe

jesus junkie

you cant save me i already was raised christian and drank the blood too

74x12

no wonder im a reject
Many of His disciples misunderstood this saying of Jesus also and they left Jesus in John 6:66. Jesus was not literally speaking of His own flesh and blood:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The meaning of this is spiritually discerned. What Jesus did on the cross was give His body and His blood for us. The blood is the blood of the new Covenant between man and God. (Matthew 26:28) Just as Moses sprinkled the people with blood to confirm the old Covenant. Jesus sprinkles the people with His own blood to confirm the new Covenant. (Isaiah 52:15) His body is the spiritual food because it was broken for us. That's about the crucifixion ... This is why Jesus called Himself the bread of Life. (John 6:35) And He explains it is because He will "give life to the world" (John 6:33) So this is speaking of how Jesus will rise from the dead and so He will give eternal life by the resurrection from the dead; to anyone who believes in Him.This is why Jesus broke the bread first and then handed it to His disciples. Because the breaking was in remembrance of His death and by dying first; He would feed us the "bread of life" which is resurrection power.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

The Lord's supper is (communion) is not literally the body and blood of Jesus. It is done in remembrance of what Jesus did for us on the cross; as Jesus said in Luke 22:19 and 1 Corinthians 11:24.

1 Corinthians 11:27
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Many of His disciples misunderstood this saying of Jesus also and they left Jesus in John 6:66. Jesus was not literally speaking of His own flesh and blood:

And, important to note, Jesus just let em go. He didn't run after them trying to say, 'but wait, this is what I really meant'. He just let em go. I think this is good advice.

Good-Ole-Rebel

danieldemol

Premium Member

no wonder im a reject
Why care if Jesus condemns you? I know i’m sure not concerned about it.

74x12

And, important to note, Jesus just let em go. He didn't run after them trying to say, 'but wait, this is what I really meant'. He just let em go. I think this is good advice.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Because they weren't drawn to Him by the Father. Many are called but few are chosen.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

no wonder im a reject
You are correct to reject this teaching of Jesus. The Torah was revealed long before Jesus. It is the Word of God. It is the measuring reed by which all future documents and statements are compared to see if they are of God. Jesus' remarks don't measure up.

Ebionite

You are correct to reject this teaching of Jesus. The Torah was revealed long before Jesus. It is the Word of God. It is the measuring reed by which all future documents and statements are compared to see if they are of God.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Daniel 9:27

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament[diatheke], which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:27-28

diatheke = covenant

And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that YHWH hath said will we do, and be obedient.
And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which YHWH hath made with you concerning all these words.
Exodus 24:7-8