• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Christ actually die?

Skywalker

That’s the problem with glomming together old myths with Christian theology. You come up with weird stuff like this. That’s not what the myth means.

People don't want to believe in original sin because admitting that we are sinners is not easy for our prideful nature. A lot of people's beliefs are influenced by what is convenient for them. 2 Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Skywalker

I don’t believe so. Marijuana and abortion and gender transition are all legal — Jesus or not. You’re starting off track with your conflation.

Legalizing marijuana and making abortion more legal is the belief system of no punishment, no responsibility, no boundaries. It's moral anarchy. Being morally conservative isn't about tradition it's about doing what's right. Anarchy is not being progressive it's being regressive. Jesus did not support libertarianism.

Skywalker

I have seen very few liberals that are for supporting legalizing drugs. And I do not know of anything of a "morally lax nature" that they are for. Perhaps your morals are flawed.

FDR liberalism has nothing to do with modern progressiveism. Modern progressiveism stands for a lot of things that have no respect for right and wrong, like legalizing drugs. While not everyone who uses marijuana will use hard drugs, almost nobody who uses hard drugs started without marijuana. Nobody wakes up in the morning and starts doing hard drugs. The idea that people can walk into a store and buy things that get them high shows no respect for right and wrong.

Skywalker

Not quite the answer that I was looking for. I asked for a quote. Can you quote the Ten Commandments that were in the Ark?

The Ten Commandments were in the Ark of the Covenant as tablets. Was the Book of the Law (Torah) ever kept inside the Ark of the Covenant?

The rabbis debate the meaning of the verse in Bava Batra 14b. מִצַּד is a rare combination, but it certainly means "beside" in Jos. 3:16, Jos. 12:9, Ruth 2:14, 1 Sam. 20:25. I see no instances where it can unequivocally be asserted to mean "in," "inside," or "within." Had Moshe intended to say that it was placed "inside" the Ark, why wouldn't he have written ב or בקרב instead?

For example, using the same verb that is found in Deut. 31:26 (a conjugation of the verb שׂוּם, meaning "to put" or "to place"), Isaiah writes (Isa. 63:11),

...Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within him?

The prophet uses the prepositional phrase בְּקִרְבּוֹ (bekirbo). The context makes it clear that God puts or places His Holy Spirit inside an individual.

Another example is Deut. 10:2 where we find, again, the same verb, but this time, Moshe uses the prepositional prefix ב.

And I will write on the tables the words that were on the first tables which you broke, and you shall put them in the Ark.

Here, God commands Moshe to put the tables (which have the Ten Commandments written upon them) in the Ark, which is translated from the Hebrew phrase בָּאָרוֹן (ba'aron).

So, the tablets are placed בָּאָרוֹן, "in the Ark." Why not write the same for the Torah scroll if indeed it was located "in the Ark"? There's simply nothing which explicitly confirms that it was indeed located in the Ark. Again, the prepositional phrase מִצַּד is never used in a context meaning "inside" or "in."

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Legalizing marijuana and making abortion more legal is the belief system of no punishment, no responsibility, no boundaries. It's moral anarchy. Being morally conservative isn't about tradition it's about doing what's right. Anarchy is not being progressive it's being regressive. Jesus did not support libertarianism.
Libertarianism isn’t the same thing as liberalism. You’re very confused as to what constitutes these philosophical stances and the motivations for these kinds of laws.

Skywalker

Libertarianism isn’t the same thing as liberalism. You’re very confused as to what constitutes these philosophical stances and the motivations for these kinds of laws.

The motivation for legalizing marijuana is money. Legalizing Marijuana Not Worth the Costs

Even with the U.S. economy struggling, we should not buy into the argument that vices should be legalized, taxed and regulated—no matter how much revenue we think it may generate. Some things just aren’t worth the costs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People don't want to believe in original sin because admitting that we are sinners is not easy for our prideful nature. A lot of people's beliefs are influenced by what is convenient for them. 2 Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
No, original sin paints God as an immoral and incompetent evil being. Why would you claim that God is incompetent and immoral? Please do not refer to lying sources, see if you can reason this out for yourself.

Skywalker

No, original sin paints God as an immoral and incompetent evil being. Why would you claim that God is incompetent and immoral? Please do not refer to lying sources, see if you can reason this out for yourself.

How is original sin unjust but Jesus dying for our sins is just? Why death suffering - creation.com

Is it fair that God cursed the whole creation?
The Western culture is very individualist in thinking, but the Bible was more collective, as are most cultures even today. Yet the Bible teaches this concept: believers in Christ are saved because our sins were corporately imputed (credited) to His account (Isaiah 53:6) when He was on the cross. And His perfect righteousness was imputed to believers in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A human death is medical science stated.

Cases where the human not actually deceased are known.

Yet death is medical explanation.

If you ask phenomena explanation phenomena is the words used to say is not natural.

Natural. Living humans own life. Other humans thinking did not create me nor invent me.

Basic advice for a human.