• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I make the correct call?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I wear a was scepter every day, very clearly. It's nice because it has deep meaning to me and a beautiful ascetic, like the inverted pentagram I match with it on certain, non professiojao occasion, but without the baggage. A client asks, and it's just a symbol meaning strength, or one of unknown meaning from a friend depending on a client.

A coworker recently asked and I, for currently unknown reasons, stumbled in a very obvious way. Note that I would never even considering mentioning "Setianism", "Xeper", any such esoteric terms. But in my area (child reunification), the secular Setian ideology carries a lot of weight. The ability of individuals to willfully change their behavioral patterns, for example. As I have read (I believe by Don Webb), one of the keys of Setian practice is this ability to discuss the ideology in secular terms, a skill I'm rather proud of. Any useful idea in my field as such can be beneficial, everyone has their tricks and coping skills and barriers. I've begun questioning whether I should have gone beyond the "symbol of strength" default, or if I made the right call. Xeper.

Ahanit

That question can only be answered by your own:

Do you feel comfortable with talking about?
Has your Co Worker an open Mind so that he is able to take a deeper view and use it in a own way?
Are there others around who can overhear your talk?
Are they also open minded?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
A coworker recently asked and I, for currently unknown reasons, stumbled in a very obvious way. Note that I would never even considering mentioning "Setianism", "Xeper", any such esoteric terms. But in my area (child reunification), the secular Setian ideology carries a lot of weight. The ability of individuals to willfully change their behavioral patterns, for example. As I have read (I believe by Don Webb), one of the keys of Setian practice is this ability to discuss the ideology in secular terms, a skill I'm rather proud of. Any useful idea in my field as such can be beneficial, everyone has their tricks and coping skills and barriers. I've begun questioning whether I should have gone beyond the "symbol of strength" default, or if I made the right call. Xeper.

Some years back I made the mistake, without getting to know the person well, of revealing some of my Setian beliefs to a co-worker. I tried to relay my beliefs to her in secular terms, however, the words "Setian", "Temple of Set", I think she completely misinterpreted every word of mine and told my bosses who in turn fired me. Their reason, "we don't employ those who engage in "demonic worship". I know I was fired due to religious discrimination. I am self-employed at this time, but if I ever go back to work for another company I am going to be a hell of a lot more careful about talking religion or politics for that matter with co-workers. In a sense it was my bad, and it was a learning experience, but it was also discrimination.

Xeper.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Some years back I made the mistake, without getting to know the person well, of revealing some of my Setian beliefs to a co-worker. I tried to relay my beliefs to her in secular terms, however, the words "Setian", "Temple of Set", I think she completely misinterpreted every word of mine and told my bosses who in turn fired me. Their reason, "we don't employ those who engage in "demonic worship". I know I was fired due to religious discrimination. I am self-employed at this time, but if I ever go back to work for another company I am going to be a hell of a lot more careful about talking religion or politics for that matter with co-workers. In a sense it was my bad, and it was a learning experience, but it was also discrimination.

Xeper.

Why didn't you take them down?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Why didn't you take them down?

It was the reason for the firing that got my goat, but in the end I really didn't care. I hated my main supervisor anyway, and I am not in the habit of poking fun at a persons disability, but he was a su su su stuttering a** hole.

Last edited: