• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did he get your share too?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Former James Bond star George Lazenby axed from national music tour after ‘homophobic’ comments

He has spoken publicly about his drug and alcohol use after the Bond role. In 2017, he told the Guardian he had slept with “maybe a thousand” women throughout his colourful career, including up to “five a day” in the 60s. “It was ridiculous. It really was. If you were handsome, and you had the balls to ask them – I mean, how many times you could get it up was how many times you could do it,” he said.

So, he's the **** (amongst others) who got my share. :D

exchemist

Veteran Member
Former James Bond star George Lazenby axed from national music tour after ‘homophobic’ comments

He has spoken publicly about his drug and alcohol use after the Bond role. In 2017, he told the Guardian he had slept with “maybe a thousand” women throughout his colourful career, including up to “five a day” in the 60s. “It was ridiculous. It really was. If you were handsome, and you had the balls to ask them – I mean, how many times you could get it up was how many times you could do it,” he said.

Yeah, I've never really understood how people can do that for any length of time. I've slept with about a dozen women in the course of my life but I always felt I needed to get to know them - and to like and trust them - first. So much of the pleasure of sex comes from giving pleasure to the other person - it makes one feel like a god - and for that you need to get to know them and their bodies, what they like, what they dislike, etc. The afterwards is so sweet when she's happy. I'd have thought that without it one would feel a sense of self-disgust fairly quickly. Maybe he took the drugs to mask that feeling, or something.

PureX

Veteran Member

Drug addicts are notorious liars. I wouldn't believe a word he says.

PureX

Veteran Member
His apology was one those insincere "I'm sorry you feel that way" non-apologies.
My experience with these kinds of addictions is that it takes about 5 years or so to actually clean up the thinking after one's gotten sober. And that usually requires some knowledgeable help.

God bless this guy for doing as well as he is! I hope the absolute best for him! Sincerely. But I don't think his mind is clear, yet, in this interview. Which is why we're still seeing some of that insane narcissism and twisted pride in his comments.

NOTE: That interview is 5 years old, so if George is still clean and sober, I doubt very much that he's making those kinds of comments, anymore.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I did debate as to whether to put this in the Jokes section, given I didn't really mean as I implied. I was probably like most - who would have been happy with just one great relationship with another rather than any number of sexual encounters. But I did have a few of such as a youth.

Not surprisingly, his comments didn't go down so well:

James Bond star George Lazenby apologises for 'disgusting' interview

Even as we age and might become distanced from any current generation, it is best to keep aware of all the changes that have gone on and to be sensitive as to such - and bragging as to one's sexual conquests is just so last century. :oops:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I can't seem to find actual quotes of what he said. Just this:
"One audience member phoned into Perth radio station 6PR to share her outrage at the Bond star's comments.

"He was homophobic, he swore, he certainly wasn't talking about his Bond movies," she said.

"He downplayed the Queen a day after she died... It was absolutely unbelievable.

"At one point he named an Australian cricketer whose daughter he was chasing, and he said he dragged the daughter out of a pub and put her in a car in London, which again is of course horrific.

"It wasn't even charming, it wasn't even funny. It was creepy, it was offensive… He was disgusting, there's no two ways about it."

Another attendee told The West Australian newspaper the actor's remarks were "self-interested misogynistic stories of George Lazenby's sexual prowess, intimate details of diarrhoea and objectification of women."
James Bond icon George Lazenby 'booed off stage' after 'belittling the Queen'

Regardless, it sounded very inappropriate and gross. That kind of behavior is disgusting, anyway, and men especially need to speak out against it and stop encouraging it. It's good that attitudes have changed about it.