• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Show Himself Insecure? (Garden Story)

Muffled

Jesus in me
When I first read the story I thought God had other plans he was going to unveil which were ruined by them eating from the tree; hence the reaction. Otherwise they were just people being people.

It's kind of like how you would try to train animals to abstain from eating a smaller treat in order to build their patience and discipline and then they'd get a bigger treat as reward. Just my thoughts.

There never was another plan. God would not get surprised by an interloper like Hel nor by the ability of humans to sin.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, my main critique is the following: why did God create Woman in His image, and what does it mean?

We have two cases:

1) God Himself has human physical characteristics. Which we can exclude, since it would be absurd to say that God is also an Ape
2) The "image" is intended as "intellectual". But if that is the case, what is really intended if He did not want us to acquire what He already knows? And how could He expect that beings in His image would not do anything to acquire that knowledge they have been prevented to acquire? Wouldn't have He done the same?

In what sense were we, before eating that apple, are in His image then?

Ciao

- viole

I believe we includes the gods who claim to be the creators in the myths and do have human form. However here I think it means according to genetic markers that indicate what a person will be like.

I am aware. There is no evidence for the Hebrew written language nor Pentateuch texts before ~700 BCE.

The video did not present any evidence. It only relied on speculation and conjecture. There are no patterns of evidence without objective verifiable evidence.
You are arguing about interpertation of the evidence. The documentary and the book present two theorys and some different evidence of the early Hebrew.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You are arguing about interpertation of the evidence. The documentary and the book present two theorys and some different evidence of the early Hebrew.

No I am talking about the actual 'objective verifiable evidence' of archaeology, history and the existence of known texts.

There is no evidence for the Hebrew written language nor Pentateuch texts before ~700 BCE.

The video did not present any evidence. It only relied on speculation and conjecture. There are no patterns of evidence without objective verifiable evidence.

If any such texts existed in Hebrew before ~700 BCE where is the evidence?!?!?!?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Because there are no such old copies to be found?

'To be found.' Wishful thinking is not evidence. There are many many text and historical problems with the Pentateuch. The Hebrew language is known to be a late variant of Canaanite, and the absolute total lack of even scrapes of text and corroborating historical records is overwhelming. The historical evedence demonstrates that there was no exodus on the scale described in the OT.

'To be found.' Wishful thinking is not evidence. There are many many text and historical problems with the Pentateuch. The Hebrew language is known to be a late variant of Canaanite, and the absolute total lack of even scrapes of text and corroborating historical records is overwhelming. The historical evedence demonstrates that there was no exodus on the scale described in the OT.
You are arguing interpretation of the evidence regarding ancient Hebrew writing.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You are arguing interpretation of the evidence regarding ancient Hebrew writing.
Actually no, My main argument is the total lack of evidence for the texts, nor any Hebrew writings before ~700 BCE, and the academic. archaeological, and historical research as to the origin of the Pentateuch..

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The simple fact is that the Garden story nowhere mentions sin, original sin, the Fall of Man, death entering the world, spiritual death, or the need for a redeemer. They simply aren't there,
They simply aren't there because they are man-made Christian doctrines, contrivances.
and the story is about something else ─ the childhood of humanity, the bridge between the creation of Adam and Eve and the beginning of Hebrew folk-history.
True.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you are a man human with brothers and you think the same.

I want God. Power. You have to own a story first. A theory as to what owns the power.

Obviously a human didn't. As the thought power and creator God.

You say as the thinker speaker talking that God tells you not to apply your conditions human to the nature of a supported life.

As you were living with a garden.

First advice as a theist.

I told my own thinking self I am not the garden. I am a human.

Then said as info is not pre written. It can only be written after change occurred. That I did not listen to the said advice.

A theory about change the lesson.

God info said don't change any state. Man scientist forced change and the outcome eviction of first form.

Lesson today origin no longer exists.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No.
To deny them eating from the tree’s fruit, simply put, represented God’s sovereignty over them, His authority over them.

That’s all. Eve ate first, but note, she didn’t recognize her nakedness, until she gave some to Adam, her husband. She was deceived so the import of what she had done, didn’t hit until Adam ate.

So it wasn’t the tree, it was knowing they had disobeyed when they together felt the shame of nakedness.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A naked earth is a human theists reason of their life being present.

Say you lived on earth. Next moment a huge burning star mass comes along burns changes both mind and body.

Who would you be living saved and mindful?

Feeling superior by all terms conscious changes included.

You know human men theoried falsely.

As one species dominion by type is two of every mutual species.

So you tell yourself your own advice.

But price you would not listen.

Was the Jesus taught review after science nearly destroyed all life on earth. Taught whole memory men did not listen to their natural spiritual father's memories.

Instead listened to AI destruction.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No.
To deny them eating from the tree’s fruit, simply put, represented God’s sovereignty over them, His authority over them.

That’s all. Eve ate first, but note, she didn’t recognize her nakedness, until she gave some to Adam, her husband. She was deceived so the import of what she had done, didn’t hit until Adam ate.

So it wasn’t the tree, it was knowing they had disobeyed when they together felt the shame of nakedness.
Why is believing the myths of Genesis so important to you? You cannot even properly understand them since if literally true God is undeniably evil.

Most Christians do not share your beliefs. Most Christians do not believe in an evil God.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Why is believing the myths of Genesis so important to you? You cannot even properly understand them since if literally true God is undeniably evil.

Most Christians do not share your beliefs. Most Christians do not believe in an evil God.
Yeah, and most Christians will kill their brothers if their country tells them to, disregarding Jesus’ statements at John 13:34 & Matthew 5:44. Instead of “obeying God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29)
Jesus said His followers were going to be hated by the world.
Why do you think that is?

James 4:4…Why is the world at enmity with God?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, and most Christians will kill their brothers if their country tells them to, disregarding Jesus’ statements at John 13:34 & Matthew 5:44. Instead of “obeying God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29)
Jesus said His followers were going to be hated by the world.
Why do you think that is?

James 4:4…Why is the world at enmity with God?
And I would say that those that believe the mythical parts of the Bible are even more likely to do that. When it comes to the absolute worst Christians it seems that they are usually literalists. That does not mean that there cannot be decent literalists, but far too often I see that sort of belief poisoning the minds of Christians.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Actually you do. You just can't see it.
Only through your own misunderstanding of scripture, would you think that. Of course you want to think that.

if you did ever genuinely decide to accurately understand scripture, I could arrange for someone to teach you.
You’d come to see how accurate knowledge of the Bible engenders love for others, and how Jehovah’s blessing would help to transform your life.