• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God say that?! I Rape in the bible

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Similarly, you ignore everything everyone else says. Why don't you try reading the Bible, cover to cover, and then talk to real Christians?
I read the bible, but errors and evil teachings of Murder and rape and

Contradictions don't make sense to me.
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

Earth hasn't pass away,then Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven.
-----------------
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

If you don't , then no heaven for you,but if you do and teach this, you shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
Is God telling that?

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
------------------
Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Last edited:

Scott1

I read the bible, but errors and evil teachings of Murder and rape and
I'm confused.... aren't the Tawrat, the Zabur, and the Injil considered "Holy Books" by Muslims?

Since when do Muslims bash the writings of Prophets?

Seems like an awfully evil thing to do......

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Again
We don't believe this "bible" to be the injeel and torah of Allah (swt) given to Jesus and Mosus (pbut)
We don't believe in this
Murder in the Bible
We believe in this
On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreadingmischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and ifany one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the wholepeople. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs,yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in theland.
4:46
Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: "We hear and we disobey"; and "Hear what is notHeard"; and "Ra'ina"; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith.If only they had said: "What hear and we obey"; and "Do hear"; and "Do lookat us"; it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hathcursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe.
2:75
Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this).
2:79
Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make there by.
And in other several places in the Quran,this Bible isn't injeel of God (swt)
Bible contradicts with Quran,for people edit it,it's not God's word.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
YmirGF,you might wish to tells what you like about Romans ch.7
The Penguin is just ignoring to reply to what i said
You are sure you want me to do this, Zhakir? So far, I think 9-10ths_Penguin has made pretty good sense. Did you actually read what he was saying and understand what he was saying? Failure to answer this specific question will not bode well.

Since you asked for it, let me clarify my thinking a tiny bit, just for you.

Contradictions don't make sense to me.
That is largely because you are under the illusion that the Qur'an is contradiction free. It isn't. When contradictions in the Qur'an require extensive answers to demonstrate that no contradiction exists it does tend to make said answers look pretty feeble.

Matthew 5:18-19 RSV said:
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

The first thing for you to understand is that I have ZERO belief in "heaven", per se, and I also do not believe in the Abrahamic God of the desert people. The second thing to try to understand is that "all is accomplished" may well be in reference to Christians finding Jesus Christ - their lord and savior. If one has not "come to Christ" then one is still under the Law. It is pretty simple, though I admit, I could be quite wrong.

Earth hasn't pass away,then Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven.
Thus it is so, unless one has found Christ. Then the law is null and void.

Isaiah 14:21 NAB said:
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.
Um, the passage is in reference to Lucifer. What was your point again?

King James Bible said:
14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
14:22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.
14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.
God is talking about what HE is going to do. This is not what people are supposed to do! Context, my dear fellow, context.

If you don't , then no heaven for you,but if you do and teach this, you shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Is God telling that?
You are either deliberately misquoting or you are simply ignorant about what you are reading. The connection you are making IS NOT THERE. I'd love to see what Christian's think of my post. I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject and I'd be willing to lay odds that Zhakir isn't either, nor the good folks over at EvilBible.con

Last edited:
Oh Ymir... You never learn. A robot can only churn out automated responses? It is like telling your computer to give you a lift to the shops! I ain't happnin'!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Again. We don't believe this "bible" to be the injeel and torah of Allah (swt) given to Jesus and Mosus (pbut). We don't believe in this.
The only reference to the so-called "injeel" is in the words of Muhammad. He never produced the slightest shred of proof that what he was saying was true. Rather, Muslims fall all over themselves creating this myth of a great truth-teller to make up for the logical shortfall. Hearsay is not the most impressive source to base ones reasoning on -- but that doesn't seem to bother Muslims.

Scott1

Again
We don't believe this "bible" to be the injeel and torah of Allah (swt) given to Jesus and Mosus (pbut)
Oh... now I get it... this is the typical Muslim apologetic that the Qur'an has not been changed/edited so that makes it "more true" than the Bible.

*YAWN*

The Qur'an (3:3-4) seems pretty clear... and since it was written @610, the Bible was God's word then... so I'm wondering if you can provide any evidence of when, exactly, we goofed up the text.

Should be easy, right>? :D

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
That is largely because you are under the illusion that the Qur'an is contradiction free. It isn't. When contradictions in the Qur'an require extensive answers to demonstrate that no contradiction exists it does tend to make said answers look pretty feeble.
Try for your sake,to prove what you claim (not here, in Quran forum)Quran has no contradictions
This Doesn't mean The Bible is contradiction free.This law contradictions of the Bible make no sense.
Thus it is so, unless one has found Christ. Then the law is null and void.
Has found him after the heaven and earth pass away?
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)
Do Not Ignore Old Testament
Um, the passage is in reference to Lucifer. What was your point again?
No matter what,these orders to murder are not acceptable,stories or not ,Whenever it applies to any one . in the past or "till the earth pass away"
Murder in the Bible
God is talking about what HE is going to do. This is not what people are supposed to do! Context, my dear fellow, context.
So claimed to be "God" does also command to murder
Murder in the Bible

You are either deliberately misquoting or you are simply ignorant about what you are reading. The connection you are making IS NOT THERE. I'd love to see what Christian's think of my post. I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject and I'd be willing to lay odds that Zhakir isn't either, nor the good folks over at EvilBible.con
"The Muslim enemy of my enemy is not my friend,so this makes me talk out of my mind,it's me the devious Mickey mouse"

Last edited:

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Oh... now I get it... this is the typical Muslim apologetic that the Qur'an has not been changed/edited so that makes it "more true" than the Bible.

*YAWN*

The Qur'an (3:3-4) seems pretty clear... and since it was written @610, the Bible was God's word then... so I'm wondering if you can provide any evidence of when, exactly, we goofed up the text.

Should be easy, right>? :D
3:3 talks about injeel and torah not "edited Bible", there are some injeel and torah Quotes in the Quran.
Quran clearly says:
Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: "We hear and we disobey"; and "Hear what is notHeard"; and "Ra'ina"; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith.If only they had said: "What hear and we obey"; and "Do hear"; and "Do lookat us"; it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hathcursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe.
Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this).
Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make there by.
And in other several places in the Quran,this Bible isn't injeel of God (swt)
Bible contradicts with Quran,for people edit it,it's not God's word.

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
The only reference to the so-called "injeel" is in the words of Muhammad. He never produced the slightest shred of proof that what he was saying was true. Rather, Muslims fall all over themselves creating this myth of a great truth-teller to make up for the logical shortfall. Hearsay is not the most impressive source to base ones reasoning on -- but that doesn't seem to bother Muslims.
Even scott1 disagrees
He red 3:3 of the Quran unlike you.the word injeel is in the Quran.
Quran clearly says:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Even scott1 disagrees
He red 3:3 of the Quran unlike you.the word injeel is in the Quran.
Actually, Scott1 isn't saying that at all, so once again, you are merely imagining things. Evidently your reading comprehesion skills are unusally low as I said that we have no record of the term "injeel" beyond those found in the rantings of Muhammad.

The fact remains that the Qur'an are words spoken by Muhammad, period. We have no other evidence whatsoever of this so-called "injeel". The "injeel" can therefore only be regarded as being purely a Muslim fabrication, originating with Muhammad.

Please try to understand that I utterly and completely reject the amusing notion that the Qur'an is the de facto "Word of God". Likewise I also reject the notion that Muhammad was a Prophet, let alone the "Final" or "Seal" of Prophets. To me, Muhammad was a man, definitely a genius, but also a troubled man who was quite insane. His contemporaries in Mecca certainly seemed to think so.

In other words, spouting references to me from the Qur'an has no meaning. I'm just a bit horrified it has great meaning to anyone. Oh, and for the record, I have read the "Noble" Qur'an, in its entirety, three times and studied various sections at length. I have also spent a considerable amount of time wending my way through the writings of Bukhari. So please, spare me your thinly veiled proselytization. I know enough about Islam to understand exactly WHY I reject Islam.

Last edited:

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Actually, Scott1 isn't saying that at all, so once again, you are merely imagining things. Evidently your reading comprehesion skills are unusally low as I said that we have no record of the term "injeel" beyond those found in the rantings of Muhammad.

The fact remains that the Qur'an are words spoken by Muhammad, period. We have no other evidence whatsoever of this so-called "injeel". The "injeel" can therefore only be regarded as being purely a Muslim fabrication, originating with Muhammad.
I'm sorry to say,you are wrong,The Arab christians existed before Muhammad (pbuh), And they used to call that book by "injeel".till now the remaning minority of these arabs,who didn't convert to islam call it injeel.It's Arabic an word not only islamic.
The word bible comes from the Greek word "biblos" which means "book" the word "bible" doesn't even exist in the bible.
Jesus (pbuh) spoke Aramaic not Greek.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
To me, Muhammad was a man, definitely a genius, but also a troubled man who was quite insane.

how can an insane person be a genius? are you really that smart attributing both of those words to one man, who clearly do contradict each other?

i would have to reconsider who the insane really is. looking at that statement of yours. a sane person would not say that.

if muhammed (saws) was insane, and if the quran came from him, then where did he get the information contained in it? Certainly the Qur’an mentions many things with which the Arabs were not familiar.

and an insane person does not stay up all night plannig about his next move, an insane person is an insane person who cannot think straight and yet his leadership went to win so many battles. thats miraculous coming from an insane person don't you think?

Last edited:

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Super... but it does not answer any of my questions.
We don't believe in your Bible and it's errors and contradictions and evil teachings,it's people's writings, we believe in the glorious Quran the word of God (swt) ,and that there was Injeel .
Quran clearly says:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm sorry to say,you are wrong,The Arab christians existed before Muhammad (pbuh), And they used to call that book by "injeel".till now the remaning minority of these arabs,who didn't convert to islam call it injeel.It's Arabic an word not only islamic.
Ok, presuming you are correct, you should have no difficulty providing evidence of this - under one condition - those sources cannot be from Muslims sources.

The word bible comes from the Greek word "biblos" which means "book" the word "bible" doesn't even exist in the bible. Jesus (pbuh) spoke Aramaic not Greek.

The Injil (Arabic إنجيل (or Injeel) is one of the five Islamic Holy Books the Qur'an records as revealed by God, the others being the Suhuf Ibrahim, Zabur, Tawrat and Qur'an. The word Injil is derived from Greek word Ευαγγέλιον (evangelion).

Scott1

We don't believe in your Bible and it's errors and contradictions and evil teachings,it's people's writings,
So you can't prove any of your claims... you just want to keep blathering the same apologetic... cool.

I'm wondering if anyone in history was converted by any of these weak and tired rants....

Is that what made you a Muslim? That all the other "holy books" were worse than the Koran? Hope you make other life choices in a more rational manner.... :cover:

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
So you can't prove any of your claims... you just want to keep blathering the same apologetic... cool.

I'm wondering if anyone in history was converted by any of these weak and tired rants....

Is that what made you a Muslim? That all the other "holy books" were worse than the Koran? Hope you make other life choices in a more rational manner.... :cover:
Why couldn't you quote the proof?!

Quran clearly says: