• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God say that?! I Rape in the bible

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Rape is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. Yet few people know that the Bible often condones and even approves of rape. Note that in many places in the Bible there are references to "taking a wife". Don't be fooled into thinking that these were voluntary marriages. This first quote clearly shows that murder and force were used to "take" these wives.

Rape in the Bible

Why would god say that?!....
Quran 2:79
Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woeto them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

Last edited by a moderator:

linwood

Rape is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. Yet few people know that the Bible often condones and even approves of rape. Note that in many places in the Bible there are references to "taking a wife". Don't be fooled into thinking that these were voluntary marriages. This first quote clearly shows that murder and force were used to "take" these wives.

Actually most people are aware of the rape issues with the Bible.
Christians tend to ignore them.

However were you aware that the Islamic governemnt of Afghanistan has just made rape legal within a marriage last week?

Did you know that Sharia law itself punishes a woman for being raped?

Interesting no?

So the Bible condones rape and sexual slavery 4000 years ago, Islam condones rape and sexual slavery today.

I`ll let the Bible have a pass I think.

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
However were you aware that the Islamic governemnt of Afghanistan has just made rape legal within a marriage last week?
Islam should not be judged as such if people there aren't following it's teachings....look only to the Quran and sahih hadith..please.

Interesting no?
Sharia law is Quran's and sahih hadith's law. and there is nothing like that. read the quran.

And bible is not any thing like quran take a look. I gave the contexts of the bible verses which teaches that, but your just "lying", what you are saying is not right or from islam why don't you give me the context.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Islam is, like any religion, nothing more or less than the beliefs and practices of its adherents.

Sahar

No I didn't know.

The Islamic Shari'a stance:
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Islamically speaking, the raped woman is not guilty of any sin because she was forced to it beyond her control. Stressing this, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “Allah has forgiven my Ummah for their mistakes, what they forget and what they are forced to do.” Thus, the raped woman is a victim and all members of her community should deal with her with honor and kindness and should encourage her to obtain her rights through all possible means.

Punishment for Rapists - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar
[/FONT]

linwood

Islam should not be judged as such if people there aren't following it's teachings....look only to the Quran and sahih hadith..please.

Following which teachings?
Who determines which teachings?
The Imam who pushed this legislation in Afghanistan is one of the countries most respected religious leaders.
His teachings are wrong?
I`m sure your aware Islam has many adherents who hold different beliefs and different levels of belief about many different things.

Do you claim to agree with every Imam who utters an edict?

Sharia law is Quran's and sahih hadith's law. and there is nothing like that. read the quran.
Untrue.
All five schools of sharia law are essentially in agreement on the basis of Zina law.
If a woman claims she was raped she needs 4 male Muslim witness to testify that they witnessed the rape.
Please understand they must have been witness to actual penile/vaginal penetration.
Watching an obvious rape from a distance isn`t enough they must actually witness the penetration or their testimony is too weak for admission.

If the woman who made the rape complaint fails to come up with 4 male Muslim witnesses to testify that they did indeed see what is impossible to see she is then charged as an adulteress under the Zina laws.
She has after all just confessed to having sex outside of marriage.

1. A clear, free, and willful confession by the person guilty of the act of zina.However, if that person retracts his/her confession, he/she is not punishable (barring thepresence of witnesses, as indicated below), because there would no longer be any proofof the occurrence of the prohibited act, and alternatively,2. The testimony of four reliable Muslim male eye-witnesses, all of whom musthave witnessed the actual intercourse at the same time

It is worth noting that in the case of a confession, it is recommended that thejudge ignores the first three iterations of such confession. The confession does notbecome binding unless it is repeated freely four different times.

Zina, Rape, and Islamic law
This is how Sharia works and this is how Sharia condones rape.
The woman is accused of adultery if she is raped and cannot comply with the 4 witness standard.

I`d imagine not a lot of Muslim women in Islamic countries dare to report a rape.

And bible is not any thing like quran take a look. I gave the contexts of the bible verses which teaches that, but your just "lying", what you are saying is not right or from islam why don't you give me the context.
I have looked and they are very different but they both essentially say the same thing.
They are actually both wrong in their main premise.

Zakhir,
You are relatively new here so I will give you a bit of advice.
Your statements will be tested and challenged in this forum.
Those who read them will require you to provide evidence for your positions.
Most here are far more educated about various religions and doctrines than the average population.

Choose your words carefully.

Here is a fairly current thread you may want to browse a bit before continuing this topic.

Treatments of Women

Sahar

No I didn't know.

The Islamic Shari'a stance:
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Islamically speaking, the raped woman is not guilty of any sin because she was forced to it beyond her control. Stressing this, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “Allah has forgiven my Ummah for their mistakes, what they forget and what they are forced to do.” Thus, the raped woman is a victim and all members of her community should deal with her with honor and kindness and should encourage her to obtain her rights through all possible means.

Punishment for Rapists - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar
[/FONT]
Moreover, if the rape led to abortion, it's one of the few cases when abortion is allowed:
With regard to abortion, the basic principle concerning abortion is that it is unlawful (haram)
Undoubtedly raping a Muslim woman by an evil enemy is a strong reason for the victim and for her family to have an abortion, for she will hate this fetus, the result of this iniquitous attack, and she will want to get rid of it.

Extracted from:
Aborting a Fetus Resulting from Rape - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

linwood

No I didn't know. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Would you like me to list here the individual cases of women being prosecuted and stoned in Islamic countries?

I can, I`m not sure the forum can take the load in bandwidth however.

Sahar

If a woman claims she was raped she needs 4 male Muslim witness to testify that they witnessed the rape.
Are Raped Women Asked to Bring Four Witnesses?
If a person makes an allegation of adultery against another person (male or female) he or she must produce four witnesses to support such an allegation; otherwise, he or she is guilty of slandering, which is a grave offense in Islam, for we are not to tarnish the honor of anyone.

A woman who has been raped cannot be asked to produce witnesses; her claim shall be accepted unless there are tangible grounds to prove otherwise. To insist that she provide witnesses is akin to inflicting further pain on her. If anyone refutes her claim of innocence, the onus is on him to provide evidence, and she may simply deny the claim by making a solemn oath, thus clearing herself in public. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The onus to provide evidence falls on the one who makes a claim, and the one who denies (the same) can absolve himself or herself by making a solemn oath to the contrary.”
Are Raped Women Asked to Bring Four Witnesses? - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Sahar

Would you like me to list here the individual cases of women being prosecuted and stoned in Islamic countries?

I can, I`m not sure the forum can take the load in bandwidth however.
Oh oh is this your reply to the Islamic Shari'a POV that I cited and that says the raped woman is the victim and which ruined your unfounded claim?!

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Oh oh is this your reply to the Islamic Shari'a POV that I cited and that says the raped woman is the victim and which ruined your unfounded claim?!

Is it true that a woman required 3 witnesses to a rape for a man to be convicted of rape in a sharia country (say Iran for example)? I have no evidence but i have seen it in another thread posted.
Is it true or more anti-islam propoganda?

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Those who read them will require you to provide evidence for your positions.
you have not give a single evidence for yours.
I repeat
Sharia law is Quran's and sahih hadith's law. and there is nothing like that. read the quran
you reply :"untrue" where is your evidence?!
here is mine: Quran 5:44
If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
Following which teachings?
Who determines which teachings?
The Imam who pushed this legislation in Afghanistan is one of the countries most respected religious leaders.
His teachings are wrong?
I`m sure your aware Islam has many adherents who hold different beliefs and different levels of belief about many different things.

Do you claim to agree with every Imam who utters an edict?
The answer is for th 2nd time:the teachings of the quran,not indiviguals who disopey Quran.

the link you gave i red it before, and also red the reply for it,did you?

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam/78516-women-islam.html

Last edited:

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
Is it true that a woman required 3 witnesses to a rape for a man to be convicted of rape in a sharia country

Quran 24:4
And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men arewicked transgressors;-
Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Sahar

Is it true that a woman required 3 witnesses to a rape for a man to be convicted of rape in a sharia country (say Iran for example)? I have no evidence but i have seen it in another thread posted.
Is it true or more anti-islam propoganda?
I don't know about the legal system in Iran, however I know about Islam and it's Shari'a.
Islamic Shari'a means Islamic way and laws. For example, the five prayers are Islamic Shari'a, fasting Ramadan, giving charity, the halal food...etc. all this is Islamic Shari'a.
A Muslim state may or may not implement Islamic Shari'a. So Islamic Shari'a is derived from the Qur'an and the prophet's Muhammad tradition. And according to this, we measure if a government x follow Islamic Shari'a or not.
So what Iran, Pakistan or whatever government legalize is subjected to a higher authority which is the Islamic Shari'a. And it's possible that a Muslim government deviates away from the laws of Islam.

Does this make any sense?

Rakhel

So question...Is Shari'a law the same world wide or does each country inplement their own version? I'm curious.