• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God have Needs?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
God needs to experience Godself to know it as what it really is - the only way to really do that is to be able to compare it to experiencing the absence of Godself... so... God needs to experience being what it isn't.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Seems to me that God needs people to enforce His laws because He is unable to.
Of course He is. He is also able to adminster judgement for the breaking of the His law. Now if god enforced His law by forcing man to obey them then where would He exhibit His grace and mercy? what He does offer is redemption for the lawless.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
God needs to experience Godself to know it as what it really is - the only way to really do that is to be able to compare it to experiencing the absence of Godself... so... God needs to experience being what it isn't.
Why do tou assume that God needs to do what you need to do? that would make you no different than Him.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Of course He is. He is also able to adminster judgement for the breaking of the His law. Now if god enforced His law by forcing man to obey them then where would He exhibit His grace and mercy? what He does offer is redemption for the lawless.
And yet here we have all manner of Gods followers forcing His "laws" down everyones throat.

So perhaps you are right.
It isn't God that needs followers to shove his rules down the throats of everyone.
Perhaps it is His followers taking it upon themselves.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
And yet here we have all manner of Gods followers forcing His "laws" down everyones throat.

So perhaps you are right.
It isn't God that needs followers to shove his rules down the throats of everyone.
Perhaps it is His followers taking it upon themselves.
For once I agree with you.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
is it enforce today?
as a mater of fact, it is.
According to my niece, who just moved up here from there two weeks ago, it is in fact enforced in a small little town just north east of Dallas, Texas.

In fact, that was ONE of the reasons she moved up here.

However, I suspect that that is not the point you were looking to get across.
Perhaps you could read the whole thread and see if perhaps post #11 covers it?