• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
I think FFH was trying to utilize (what he thought would be)
the sexual appeal of the westerners in this forum,
to try and make his case about beauty and god and creation.

I don't think he was making any personal
or all encompasing statements
about what/who is/isn't beautiful.

That's how I interpreted the OP anyway.

That's what I got from it too. Though I still think the OP's argument is very weak. It is quite possible for humans to have developed in such a way to perceive ourselves as beautiful.

FFH

Veteran Member
I would like to know why you consider the western view of beauty as evidence of God's creation.
It's just an example, I can google and post beautiful women from around the world. I remember seeing a young Muslim woman who came into where I work, she was stunning, never had I seen a young woman that beautiful before or probably since. Asians are among the most beautiful in the world in my opinion also. I love all colors of people. I've also seen extremely beautiful male and female persons from India come into where I work. I was also equally stunned at the features of those of India. I distinctly remember talking with a Dell computer tech representative from India (the computer industry seems to be outsourcing quite a bit there now) she was so refreshing to talk to, so friendly and nice, I could feel her great spirit as we conversed.

Others I have conversed with seemed to literally fill my spirit when they talk, which had nothing to do with their looks. This is only one aspect of any person's life.

If you were to meet me you would immediately make a judgement based upon my looks. It's all too common. I don't think that way at all, I feel a person's spirit almost immediately when they come into my mind or are around me. The package (our boides) give us imperfect form and imperfect function for now, later we will receive our perfectly functioning and perfect looking bodies, a free gift to all because of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. Thank God for that, I don't want to live in this body for eternity although it does function and look fine, I still want better, as we all do.
You have not answered this question in the thread in a manner that I find satisfying. No matter what the skin colour of a person, which you have addressed, there are qualities that make women of any ethnical group be considered beautiful according to us, such as the shape of their face, their physical build, and so forth. You have not addressed how other cultures view beauty.
I have lived in Japan and I know, to a certain degree, what they consider to be beautiful. I've seen Japanese people that are so beautiful I was in awe, and they would say to us, frankly, westerners have BIG NOSES. They thought that was funny, but they liked Americans anyway. Japanese have smaller noses in general of course, which gives them a beauty all their own.

For example, in the Andes, there is a group of people that place rings around their neck to elongate them. In their culture, long necks are considered attractive, and the longer your neck, the more attractive you are. There are other examples of this, but I think this will do for now. Why do you not show examples of these beautiful women as an example of God's creation? Is there any reason why this "beauty of the neck" is considered less than the examples of beauty you have shown?
Really all this shows is a distortion of the human body, well beyond what God intended. I'm against all deformations of what God has devinely designed. Elongating a neck would definitely not be in any of God's originally designed plans for anyone's life.

Apart from this, I question the notion that beauty is a gift from God. If it is a gift, it is the poorest of gifts - it fades most easily as time passes, it can only be shown through using expensive cosmetics and revealing clothes, and has little use compared to what other qualities that might be considered to be from God, such as intelligence, compassion, morality, and so forth. As you age, you will remain intelligent (until you become senile, and that is far later than when you lose any beauty you had) compassionate, and moral.
Agreed, but this thread is not about that.

I specifically wanted people to look at something beautiful and seriously ask themselves if God was not the basic designer of it.

Beauty cannot come from chaos.

We are good at blaming God for all the horrible things in this world, but should we not equally give him credit for all the wonderful things of this life as well ???

Too many focus on the bad, without noticing the good all around them and in themselves.

FFH

Veteran Member
That's what I got from it too. Though I still think the OP's argument is very weak. It is quite possible for humans to have developed in such a way to perceive ourselves as beautiful.
We're not idiots, we can perceive beauty. You need to give yourself and others that much credit. You of all people should know what is beautiful and what is not, you're an artist.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Beauty cannot come from chaos.

Tah-da:

lya2.jpg

Found from here: Extracting beauty from chaos

Reactions: FFH

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
We're not idiots, we can perceive beauty. You need to give yourself and others that much credit. You of all people should know what is beautiful and what is not, you're an artist.

What I'm saying is that beauty only exists as a perception. We see some things as beautiful because our brain translates that way.

FFH

Veteran Member
I think FFH was trying to utilize (what he thought would be)
the sexual appeal of the westerners in this forum,
to try and make his case about beauty and god and creation.

I don't think he was making any personal
or all encompasing statements
about what/who is/isn't beautiful.

That's how I interpreted the OP anyway.
You are right on with this assessment, nice job !!

(ps... I think she looks hot. Both pictures! Touched up or not.)
(U can call me superficial if you like)
And there's nothing wrong with appreciating another's strengths, whether they're physical or spiritual. it shows that you're confident in who you are as a devinely designed/created child of God, enough so, that you can appreciate other's strengths.

FFH

Veteran Member
You could have simply stated that from the get go instead you gave us a picture of what you thought was beauty. She was made up to look like that then you can clearly see how the picture was air brushed. I give you that a lot of her originality was there but a lot of it was enhanced.
Good lighting and digital color adjustments also enhance any photo. I'm not unaware of these facts.

I'll look for a natural untouched photo of someone without makeup to show that God can create something beautiful without our help, as if he needs it.

FFH

Veteran Member
What I'm saying is that beauty only exists as a perception. We see some things as beautiful because our brain translates that way.
No, we are much more than our brains. Our brains are only there to give temporary/mortal fucntion to our bodies, and allow our spirits to communicate with each other, in this temprorary physical mortal existance.

rojse

RF Addict
It's just an example, I can google and post beautiful women from around the world. I remember seeing a young Muslim woman who came into where I work, she was stunning, never had I seen a young woman that beautiful before or probably since. Asians are among the most beautiful in the world in my opinion also. I love all colors of people. I've also seen extremely beautiful male and female persons from India come into where I work. I was also equally stunned at the features of those of India. I distinctly remember talking with a Dell computer tech representative from India (the computer industry seems to be outsourcing quite a bit there now) she was so refreshing to talk to, so friendly and nice, I could feel her great spirit as we conversed.

Others I have conversed with seemed to literally fill my spirit when they talk, which had nothing to do with their looks. This is only one aspect of any person's life.

If you were to meet me you would immediately make a judgement based upon my looks. It's all too common. I don't think that way at all, I feel a person's spirit almost immediately when they come into my mind or are around me. The package (our boides) give us imperfect form and imperfect function for now, later we will receive our perfectly functioning and perfect looking bodies, a free gift to all because of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. Thank God for that, I don't want to live in this body for eternity although it does function and look fine, I still want better, as we all do.
I have lived in Japan and I know, to a certain degree, what they consider to be beautiful. I've seen Japanese people that are so beautiful I was in awe, and they would say to us, frankly, westerners have BIG NOSES. They thought that was funny, but they liked Americans anyway. Japanese have smaller noses in general of course, which gives them a beauty all their own.

All of what you said then is far better than the superficial appeal of your original statements about appealing to the beauty of models.

Really all this shows is a distortion of the human body, well beyond what God intended. I'm against all deformations of what God has devinely designed. Elongating a neck would definitely not be in any of God's originally designed plans for anyone's life.

How come you view this neck elongation as a distortion of God divine design, but other things, such as wearing high heels, which can cause foot bone problems, or ear piercing, is not? Why isn't makeup and lipstick, applied to the face to hide natural blemishes and improve appearance a distortion of this divine plan? You merely sprout culturally-based predjudices.

FFH

Veteran Member
How come you view this neck elongation as a distortion of God divine design, but other things, such as wearing high heels, which can cause foot bone problems, or ear piercing, is not? Why isn't makeup and lipstick, applied to the face to hide natural blemishes and improve appearance a distortion of this divine plan? You merely sprout culturally-based predjudices.
I despise high heels, I would like nothing more than to rid the world of high heels. :)

As for makeup, I told my wife I hate that as much as I hate high heels. She rarely wears makeup, if ever. I absolutely hate it. She had also dyed her hair blonde (she's a brunette), before I met her, and I told her I would not marry her unless she got rid of the blonde hair. I had seen a vision of her in the spirit before I met her and she had brunette hair, so when I met her I didn't recognize her at first. She quickly changed her hair, once she knew she didn't need to impress anyone with fake blonde hair. How silly and superficial we can all be at times.

I absolutley love the natural beauty of women and absolutely despise makeup.

I'll post a pic of something more natural and to my liking maybe later on in this thread. Actually I've already done that on the first page. On page one there is a black and white photo that reflects more of what I prefer.

I'ld post it again here but don't want anymore flare ups like Draka has demonstrated.

Ah, gonna throw caution to the wind.

This is what I prefer.
Bar_73.jpg

Well dressed/covered natural look is my thing. Great artistic natural shot. I love this pic.

blackout

Violet.
I despise high heels, I would like nothing more than to rid the world of high heels. :)

As for makeup, I told my wife I hate that as much as I hate high heels. She rarely wears makeup, if ever. I absolutely hate it. She had also dyed her hair blonde (she's a brunette), before I met her, and I told her I would not marry her unless she got rid of the blonde hair. I had seen a vision of her in the spirit before I met her and she had brunette hair, so when I met her I didn't recognize her. She quickly changed her hair, once she knew she didn't need to impress anyone with fake blonde hair. How silly and superficial we can all be at times.

I absolutley love the natural beauty of women and absolutely despise makeup.

You know FFH,
what you have written here makes me sad.
If your wife was personally happy as a blonde,
if it made her feel good,
I dunno. I'm kinda speechless.
It makes me hurt for her.
That you level conditions like that.

What if at some point SHE decides she wants to wear makeup,
because it appeals to HER,
and SHE likes how she looks in it?

Is she your posession?
Or is she her own person?

Do you think her appearance is all about you?

I die/highlight my hair purple.
It's a damn good thing my husband
respects my right to personal SELF expression.
Cause I'd damn well do it anyway.
It's a deep/meaningful part of WHO I AM.

UltraViolet

blackout

Violet.
You know...
and my husband compliments me
when I put on makeup,
and tells me he's happy when I feel good about myself.

I'm sure if I put on heels,
he'd tell me I look sexy...
but then ask me if my feet felt ok?

I truly appreciate all these things about him.

Sorry to rant on about it.
But it's important.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Dang Violet, I'm not allowed to frubal you again yet. Here's an IOU.

I find it incredible that some people (not pointing fingers at you FFH, because I don't know if you do this) can claim they don't care how someone looks because it's what's inside that counts, and yet then turn around and put limitations or demands such as what FFH has outlined here.

While I agree with FFH to a certain extent - I don't feel a person should feel they need to wear makeup, and that they are beautiful without it. (too much makeup - very bad!). And I personally don't see the point in high heels if they're going to make you uncomfortable or help you break an ankle, all for the sake of looking good. And I wouldn't go for the hair-colouring option, purely due to the chemicals in many dyes (my mum's hair is thinning at 47 years old after dying her hair for 15 years).

But I wouldn't make such demands as to tell someone that, basically, "If you want me to love you then you shouldn't wear x, or colour you hair or wear makeup". What a person does to help them express Who They Are has no bearing on how I interact with them or feel about them.

blackout

Violet.
I've always wanted a little jewel nose pierce.
But my religious mother (god rest her well meaning soul)
did not approve.
So I never did.

My husband is taking me on my 40'th b-day to finally get one.
He knows it's important to me.
(The truth is, it always was. All these years.)

ok. no more. I"m done.

FFH

Veteran Member
You know FFH,
what you have written here makes me sad.
If your wife was personally happy as a blonde,
if it made her feel good,
I dunno. I'm kinda speechless.
It makes me hurt for her.
That you level conditions like that.

What if at some point SHE decides she wants to wear makeup,
because it appeals to HER,
and SHE likes how she looks in it?

Is she your posession?
Or is she her own person?

Do you think her appearance is all about you?

I die/highlight my hair purple.
It's a damn good thing my husband
respects my right to personal SELF expression.
Cause I'd damn well do it anyway.
It's a deep/meaningful part of WHO I AM.

UltraViolet
Ah, then your username really does fit you.

My wife put equal demands on me as well, for instance I was not attending church when we were dating and she gave me an ultimatum, either I go back to church and start paying my tithing or she wouldn't marry me. We couldn't marry in the temple unless I did anyway, which is what I wanted as well. I quickly went back to church and caught up on my lapsed tithing payments.

We both agree to do what the other wanted because thet's what we both wanted anyway. My wife doesn't really like to spend time putting on makeup anyway, She just did that to feel better about herself. I told her she looks better without the makeup, honesly she does and most women do, in my opinion, that's just me.

She's not at all my possession, she belongs to God and to none else. She's free to do what she pleases. We really don't have any control over each other AT ALL, we are two very opinionated and very free spirited personalities, you can't tie either one of us down. We are at a stage in our lives where we are literally doing our own things now. More like room mates than husband and wife. You really don't want to know all the details, but we are content/happy with the way things are now, both of us, at least as content/happy as any person can be in this life, I guess, for now.

D&C 101: 36
Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
No, we are much more than our brains. Our brains are only there to give temporary/mortal fucntion to our bodies, and allow our spirits to communicate with each other, in this temprorary physical mortal existance.

But anything beyond our physical bodies cannot be demonstrated to be true.

FFH

Veteran Member
You know...
and my husband compliments me
when I put on makeup,
and tells me he's happy when I feel good about myself.

I'm sure if I put on heels,
he'd tell me I look sexy...
but then ask me if my feet felt ok?

I truly appreciate all these things about him.

Sorry to rant on about it.
But it's important.
To each his own.

Women don't need to do much, in my opinion, to look good.

Guys on the other hand, in general, are a hopeless case. :)

FFH

Veteran Member
(my mum's hair is thinning at 47 years old after dying her hair for 15 years).
In order to get brunette hair to look blonde, they strip two of the three natural colors (which make a brunette a brunette) out of the hair, leaving the person with only one of the original colors of the brunette hair intact, so it's the natural hair color, but it becomes thin and course to the touch. So the hair is one third of what it was orignally. She looked very unhealthy. Not natural looking at all. I don't like fake anything. We're both really into health now. She loves her brunette hair now and enhances it using natural methods/dyes, like herbal dyes which strengthen, nourish and beautify the hair.

Brunette eye brows and blonde hair just don't go well together. :)

She still uses eye liner and blush, she hasn't completely abandoned makeup and will put it on once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.