• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
By the way, she's not my type, just an example.

I had that coming, but I don't care. I love art in all forms, especially in the human face. God's the ultimate artist, that's what I'm trying to point out in this thread. God appreciates beauty and has not forgotten those who do not possess a beautiful body in this life.

"There must be an opposition in all things". For reference click here

Coveting another or becoming jealous over another because of their looks is not right Draka and appreciating someone for their looks is not wrong.

Being angry at another for being admired for their looks is not right.

Excuse me, but are you accusing me of "coveting" or being "jealous" or "angry"???

:eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe the drivel you are spouting!

FFH

Veteran Member
Excuse me, but are you accusing me of "coveting" or being "jealous" or "angry"???

:eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe the drivel you are spouting!
Calm down, it's just a thread, not accusing anyone directly of anything. I expected most to get angry with me, I knew the risks before I started this thread.. I got bored with the usual stuff here. I wanted to spice it up a bit.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Ether 12: 27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I'm not moved by this book. It serves no purpose for me.

John 9
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

But his blindness was not a blessing for him all of his life. If it was so perfect of God's creation he would not have allowed Yeshua to heal him. If this handicap was so beneficial to the man Yeshua would have passwed him by. What does Yeshua do....? He heels the blind man.

You presented a made up (woman with make up) woman and called it beutiful. She wasn't even in her natural state. I could see if that was the first picture you showed but you presented some elses idea of beauty. You say even if they did touch her up...well if they did then she is not as beutiful as you assert.....

FFH

Veteran Member
Draka, do you not admire your son in your avatar for his good looks and obvious happy disposition ??? He is very cute and what's wrong with saying that or admiring him for that. God created him especially for you.

Ponder on that a bit...

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
No, it was written by Christ. Christ is the author of the Old and New Testament, not man. Christ has given us the Old and New Testament through inspiration given to man.

I'm sorry but it really was human beings who wrote both the Old and New Testament.
Jesus might have taught and inspired what was written in the New Testament. But it was still written by humans.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Here's a raw untouched photo, courtesy of Wiki, of Alessandra Ambrosio (opening post photo)

You can see what's been touched up and what hasn't.

Alessandra Ambrosio - Wiki

220px-Alessandra_Ambrosio.jpg
Alessandra_Ambrosio_74.jpg

The sad fact is you truely believe the first photo is raw and it isn't. She is clearly wearing makeup in that photo as well. The second photo (your original one) is even MORE made up and air brushed.......

Draka

Wonder Woman
Draka, do you not admire your son in your avatar for his good looks and obvious happy disposition ??? He is very cute and what's wrong with saying that or admiring him for that. God created him especially for you.

Ponder on that a bit...

Ponder on this.....would you love a child of yours any less if they were born horribly mal-formed? Would how your child looks make ANY difference to you at all?

People aren't to be admired for how they look. You can think someone is "pretty" and be attracted to them, that's the biology of mating kicking in there, but admiring a person is different. You admire a person for who they are, no matter what they look like.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You still won't answer the question though. If what you perceive to be "beautiful" people are evidence of a creator god, then what are the "homely/ugly" people evidence of?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I had that coming, but I don't care. I love art in all forms, especially in the human face. God's the ultimate artist, that's what I'm trying to point out in this thread. God appreciates beauty and has not forgotten those who do not possess a beautiful body in this life.

You could have simply stated that from the get go instead you gave us a picture of what you thought was beauty. She was made up to look like that then you can clearly see how the picture was air brushed. I give you that a lot of her originality was there but a lot of it was enhanced.

gnomon

If I'm reading these scriptures right, it's Christ who has created us ("formed us from the womb"). Do you agree or disagree ???

Isaiah 44: 2, 24
2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

• • •
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer,and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 49: 5
And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Jeremiah 1: 5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Nephi 21: 5
And now, saith the Lord—that formed me from the womb that I should be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him—though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

"I formed thee from the womb" "for such a time as this"

LDS Japanese, top of the charts, pop singer in the 80's. I was there at the time she was at her peak and lived near where she lived. She's my age, now 41. She was a small light in a darkened (religiously) country. Most in Japan knew of her and her religious beleifs. She refused to work on Sunday in a country which did not cease to work on Sunday. Most took Monday or Tuesday off if even that, many worked 7 days a week.

A beautiful work/piece of art, no doubt God created and set up the circumstances.

Seasons ~ Saito Yuki

"I formed thee from the womb"

Taking this along with the notion of perfection along with physical qualities...

Warning,

GRAPHIC IMAGES COMING AT YA!

I assume these individuals were poor in spirit,
Anencephaly

Tree man 'who grew roots' may be cured - Telegraph

Joseph Merrick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proteus Syndrome Foundation

I could go on.

I think you have topped yourself FFH. Who could have predicted that! Demon-possessed individuals rather than mental disorders, carrots killing cancer cells now physical beauty as a representation of the will of God and the character of one's soul.

And people think I'm crazy for finding the concept of soul and spirit worthless.:sarcastic

FFH

Veteran Member
But his blindness was not a blessing for him all of his life.
But he knew the challenges of blindness and could then appreciate just gift of sight, more so than you and I, because we've never had to deal with that type of challenge. I lost the use of my foot for a year and now appreciate just being able to walk and stand for more than a few minutes at a time. I had to law horizontal for most of my waking hours for nearly a year until my foot healed. I don't complain about much these days. As long as I have a job and something to eat I'm extatic, most of the time.

If it was so perfect of God's creation he would have allowed Yeshua to heal him.
Yes, at the right time, to bring glory to God, as the scriptures say.
If this handicap was so beneficial to the man Yeshua would have passwed him by. What does Yeshua do....? He heels the blind man.
Yes, because it was his time to be healed and be free of that infirmity.

We all have some sort of infirmity or weekness. We can learn to appreciate the simple things in life when we see others who are struggling physically more than ourselves, but really there is a devine purpose in all infirmities and weaknesses, that being to humble us so that we might turn to God for healing and help in overcoming our infirmities and weaknesses.

You presented a made up (woman with make up) woman and called it beutiful. She wasn't even in her natural state.
She doesn't look all that much worse in her natural state.
I could see if that was the first picture you showed but you presented some elses idea of beauty.
I've seen a female human spirit in their natural perfect immortal human state, just a fraction of a second was all I saw and her face was as beautiful, if not more beautiful than the opening post. I also saw this female human spirits profile, just like the opening post. I've also worked with and associated with those who were not unlike the photo in the opening post. Beauty that seems to stop you dead in your tracks and makes you take notice. It does exist in the real world, look around you.

...well if they did then she is not as beutiful as you assert.....
I agree, I've seen better natural pictures of female human faces. I've posted the Wiki shot of her to compare in case any missed it or in case any care to see what she looks like untouched.

Alessandra Ambrosio - Wiki

blackout

Violet.
According to the Catholic faith anyway,
she could easily be considered a "near occasion of sin".

Is God in the business of creating near occasions of sin?!:eek:

She needs to wash off that makeup!
Take off that jewelry!
Put on some respectable clothes!
and stop looking so d*** sexy!

Then perhaps we might consider that God made her.;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Calm down, it's just a thread, not accusing anyone directly of anything. I expected most to get angry with me, I knew the risks before I started this thread.. I got bored with the usual stuff here. I wanted to spice it up a bit.

Just indirectly. Gotcha.:sarcastic

FFH

Veteran Member
Ponder on this.....would you love a child of yours any less if they were born horribly mal-formed? Would how your child looks make ANY difference to you at all?
No, I'll never have kids in this life, Draka, that's something I will never experience in this life. It has devasted my wife to the point in which she has pondered taking her own life for years, but she never would, but it's extremely challenging for her to deal with this fact.

You don't see me saying "I'm aghast at the fact that you parade your child in your avatar," rather I'm happy for you that you have what you want.

Remember there are others on this forum in my same situation, who may never have kids in this life.

People aren't to be admired for how they look.
I admire individuals for their strengths, not their weaknesses. Why emphasize the bad in this life when there is good all around us to admire ???
You can think someone is "pretty" and be attracted to them, that's the biology of mating kicking in there, but admiring a person is different. You admire a person for who they are, no matter what they look like.
I'm not married to a supermodel and wouldn't want to be, my wife is perfect in every way. I love her for who she is and what she looks like, she doesn't even accept her own looks, but I do, they are fine and even if they weren't it wouldn't change a thing, we were meant to be together for whatever reason.

I'm not an idiot Draka, just trying to illustrate a point, that being that God has created all things.

God has even created the devil for a purpose.

"There must be an opposition in all things".

This includes ALL things, such as ugliness and beauty, winter and summer, pain and pleasure, sorrow and joy. God has devinely designed it all for a higher purpose, to help us become the best we can be and to experience opposition in ALL it's forms, for example sin and righteousness and it's infinite varying degrees.

If we were in a perfect world we could not learn and grow. I accept the good with the bad, especially because it's only a temporary situation, at least for those who believe in God and strive to do his will.

This life is a temporary flash of existance, to accuse me of being superficial just shows you know little about me.

Focus on everything that's ugly, bad and sinful in this life and you'll get just that, just what you think about all day long.

FFH

Veteran Member
According to the Catholic faith anyway,
she could easily be considered a "near occasion of sin".

Is God in the business of creating near occasions of sin?!:eek:

She needs to wash off that makeup!
Take off that jewelry!
Put on some respectable clothes!
and stop looking so d*** sexy!
I agree

Then perhaps we might consider that God made her.;)
So it was a poor choice for an opening post. You live and you learn.

FFH

Veteran Member
You still won't answer the question though. If what you perceive to be "beautiful" people are evidence of a creator god, then what are the "homely/ugly" people evidence of?
A devine creator.

Here's a great example. This girl had me in tears when I first heard her sing.

Google Bianca Ryan and listen to her sing.

I worship the God of creation, not the creation itself. This life is a temporary sinful, ugly, harsh one at that, but it's nice to be able to see the many extremely beautiful things of this world and focus on that. We can have all we desire in this life, and if not in this life, then in the next, this life is not a big deal to me, just a passing phase. We only need to obey God and do his will verses our own selfish will so we can move on to better existances.

FFH

Veteran Member
I think you have topped yourself FFH. Who could have predicted that! Demon-possessed individuals rather than mental disorders, carrots killing cancer cells now physical beauty as a representation of the will of God and the character of one's soul.

And people think I'm crazy for finding the concept of soul and spirit worthless.:sarcastic
You've misrepresented me here and again you've proven you also don't know me.

No one can know anyone fully just from reading a few posts on an open radical forum like this.

Nothing you can post will shock me, I've seen it all. An image comes to mind vividly of a young woman who I happened to see at the local grocery store, she had no nose and most of her face seemed to be gone. An image I won't forget, yet I felt the spirit of that young woman and nothing in her appearance could change that. I feel people's spirits so intently and how they feel and how they feel about me that I have to turn that side of myself off in order to function properly from day to day.

I'm not at all superficial, I can read others to a degree that it interferes with my own thoughts and I have to make an effort to shut that side of myself off. I could care less about the way someone looks. I do however try to bring out the best in those I meet, sometimes they become over confident and start to criticize me in return, at that point I shut down and ignore.

FFH

Veteran Member
Gnomon, seems you have chosen to focus on the bad and horrible things of this life, rather than all the good that's around you, I've fallen for the same trap, laid before us all by the devil and his angels.

Focus on the beauty that's all around you, rather than the ugliness that's plainly in front of us all. It's only temporary, after all. Satan will be bound with all of his diseases and sin that reeks havoc on our world and on our bodies.

I've seen actual healings of cancer that has spread throughout areas of the body. God can heal it all, he made it and he can fix it, all of it, we only need to have faith in him and his existance and that he has all power to do all things to all people.

rojse

RF Addict
I would like to know why you consider the western view of beauty as evidence of God's creation.

You have not answered this question in the thread in a manner that I find satisfying. No matter what the skin colour of a person, which you have addressed, there are qualities that make women of any ethnical group be considered beautiful according to us, such as the shape of their face, their physical build, and so forth. You have not addressed how other cultures view beauty.

For example, in the Andes, there is a group of people that place rings around their neck to elongate them. In their culture, long necks are considered attractive, and the longer your neck, the more attractive you are. There are other examples of this, but I think this will do for now. Why do you not show examples of these beautiful women as an example of God's creation? Is there any reason why this "beauty of the neck" is considered less than the examples of beauty you have shown?

Apart from this, I question the notion that beauty is a gift from God. If it is a gift, it is the poorest of gifts - it fades most easily as time passes, it can only be shown through using expensive cosmetics and revealing clothes, and has little use compared to what other qualities that might be considered to be from God, such as intelligence, compassion, morality, and so forth. As you age, you will remain intelligent (until you become senile, and that is far later than when you lose any beauty you had) compassionate, and moral.

blackout

Violet.
I think FFH was trying to utilize (what he thought would be)
the sexual appeal of the westerners in this forum,
to try and make his case about beauty and god and creation.

I don't think he was making any personal
or all encompasing statements
about what/who is/isn't beautiful.

That's how I interpreted the OP anyway.

(ps... I think she looks hot. Both pictures! Touched up or not.)
(U can call me superficial if you like)

Status
Not open for further replies.