• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God abandon the United States

choose 1

• Total voters

Phantasman

God has proven to be indifferent to the affairs of man over and over again. Based on human experiments there is no amount of unnecessary evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. God is pro-choice through and through. On top of that, nature is relentless in carrying out the laws of physics exactly the same way every time. Nature does not seem to be affected by anything supernatural. It is proven time and time again what appears to be supernatural is just the laws of physics executing perfectly.

So what does this mean to people of faith? Absolutely NOTHING. If your faith is not strong enough to accept gay marriage, bathroom rights, abortion, then you have a problem with your faith! Stop scapegoating other people and start working on your lack of faith in God. For me, there absolutely nothing anyone is going to say or do that will change my faith in God's unconditional love. It's just not going to happen.
Good answer. I don't believe God even acknowledges nations. Just each individual.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Is God turning His back on us because of our acceptance of gay marriage, bathroom rights, abortion, etc?

OR

Is America finally turning away from outdated, narrow minded views of God, and the churches that push those views?
I don’t know about outdated. Over 2000 years ago some dude said love your neighbor which includes people of various orientations and folks from other cultures and countries. I’d say half the US is a walking contradiction.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I don’t know about outdated. Over 2000 years ago some dude said love your neighbor which includes people of various orientations and folks from other cultures and countries. I’d say half the US is a walking contradiction.
Who said it over 2,000 years ago? The dude I'm thinking of was a bit under 2,000 years ago...something like 1,988 years, or maybe a couple less...or so it is alleged...

But, more to your point, there seem to be a lot of people who claim to follow that dude, but don't seem to, really...imo...

Jeremiah Ames

God has proven to be indifferent to the affairs of man over and over again. Based on human experiments there is no amount of unnecessary evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. God is pro-choice through and through. On top of that, nature is relentless in carrying out the laws of physics exactly the same way every time. Nature does not seem to be affected by anything supernatural. It is proven time and time again what appears to be supernatural is just the laws of physics executing perfectly.

So what does this mean to people of faith? Absolutely NOTHING. If your faith is not strong enough to accept gay marriage, bathroom rights, abortion, then you have a problem with your faith! Stop scapegoating other people and start working on your lack of faith in God. For me, there absolutely nothing anyone is going to say or do that will change my faith in God's unconditional love. It's just not going to happen.

Yay, first place.

Grandliseur

Is God turning His back on us because of our acceptance of gay marriage, bathroom rights, abortion, etc?

OR

Is America finally turning away from outdated, narrow minded views of God, and the churches that push those views?
Your choices do not work for me.

God will do as he pleases, and many do not think this any reason to worry about. To some degree, they are right. The fact is that God is not going to clean up our world until it is time. Once the cleanup starts there is no turning around for those who have chosen their path already. When our ways and bloodguilt comes upon our world, it will be way too late for any of us at that time to beg forgiveness.

It seems that the promise is that about 90% of all of humanity shall perish. And, that is being positive. So, we can 'turn away from outdated, narrow minded views of God' all we want. But, he is going to kill us for it. No, buts about it.

A great many may think this nonsense. We'll see if He keeps his promises.

David T

Premium Member
That's an improvement based on history. In jesus day it was zero. Hell even his disciples were like "yea we liked ya when you were alive but now your dead your a loser". Cowards.

74x12

OR

I look at America and the amazing civilization we have here as the twilight years of the fabled Atlantis before it fell into the sea. Many believe America is supposed to be the new Atlantis. We seem to be headed to our doom and few see the truth of what is coming on America or the whole world. I feel sorry for the rest.
  • Gay marriage issues should have been solved long ago simply by not letting the government issue "marriage licenses" at all. We do not make marriage vows to the government; but to God. That's none of the government's business. I think it might be a mild form of heresy to think we need man's approval of what Jesus said "God has put together". So it's between you and God who you marry. Only God can approve or disprove. Local churches, synagogues and even mosques(nowadays) should be the ones issuing marriage licenses.
  • Bathroom rights ... Who cares? The government should mind their own business in this matter also. That should be up to individual companies what kind of bathrooms they make in their own buildings or who they let in where. It's enough that people get to go to the bathroom at all. Beggars can't be choosers and guests aren't the boss.
  • I'm tired of people thinking the government must always be involved. Democide.
  • Most if not all abortion I do not agree with and definitely not funded by tax payers. If you want to be irresponsible and then kill your own seed; then at least pay for it yourself. No offense to anyone, but it offends me.

David T

Premium Member
He shows up each year regardless. Sheesh. How hard is this.
Apparently some of you have Been naughty and are now whiners about it." I don't believe in him any more whaaaa" Others " whaaaaaa I don't get my way".... I could throw an Agnostic into to the bunch because they keep a glass of milk and a plate of cookies out all year long just in case.

images (11).jpeg

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Neither - America will embrace God and His Laws in the future.

America has a great destiny in the Baha'i Writings.

"The American nation, Baha'is believe, will evolve, through tests and trials to become a land of spiritual distinction and leadership, a champion of justice and unity among all peoples and nations, and a powerful servant of the cause of everlasting peace. This is the peace promised by God in the sacred texts of the world's religions."

United States Baha'i community issues major statement on the Destiny of America and the Promise of World Peace | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

Here is a prayer for America that was first spoken by Abdu’l-Baha in Chicago in 1912:

"O Thou kind Lord! This gathering is turning to Thee. These hearts are radiant with Thy love. These minds and spirits are exhilarated by the message of Thy glad tidings. O God! Let this American democracy become glorious in spiritual degrees, even as it has aspired to material degrees, and render this just government victorious. Confirm this revered nation to upraise the standard of the oneness of humanity, to promulgate the Most Great Peace, to become thereby most glorious and praiseworthy among all the nations of the world. O God! This American nation is worthy of Thy favors and is deserving of Thy mercy. Make it precious and near to Thee through Thy bounty and bestowal."

Abdu’l-Baha also said the following in 1912, some time before the League of Nations and United Nations were established:

"May this American Democracy be the first nation to establish the foundation of international agreement. May it be the first nation to proclaim the unity of mankind. May it be the first to unfurl the Standard of the Most Great Peace ... The American nation is equipped and empowered to accomplish that which will adorn the pages of history, to become the envy of the world, and be blest in both the East and the West ... the American continent gives signs and evidences of very great advancement. Its future is even more promising, for its influence and illumination are far-reaching. It will lead all nations spiritually."

Here is more on this Destiny - Shoghi Effendi and the American Dream

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

OR

In what way? What is happening to America?

..... Okay please no Trump comments. (Not that it's gonna help anything to say that. "0))

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems to me that most of America has moved beyond the notion of god as someone or something concerned about gay rights, etc., but that some of America has not, and never will move beyond that notion. "The poor will always be with you". So will the morons.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I look at America and the amazing civilization we have here as the twilight years of the fabled Atlantis before it fell into the sea. Many believe America is supposed to be the new Atlantis. We seem to be headed to our doom and few see the truth of what is coming on America or the whole world. I feel sorry for the rest.
  • Gay marriage issues should have been solved long ago simply by not letting the government issue "marriage licenses" at all. We do not make marriage vows to the government; but to God. That's none of the government's business. I think it might be a mild form of heresy to think we need man's approval of what Jesus said "God has put together". So it's between you and God who you marry. Only God can approve or disprove. Local churches, synagogues and even mosques(nowadays) should be the ones issuing marriage licenses.
  • Bathroom rights ... Who cares? The government should mind their own business in this matter also. That should be up to individual companies what kind of bathrooms they make in their own buildings or who they let in where. It's enough that people get to go to the bathroom at all. Beggars can't be choosers and guests aren't the boss.
  • I'm tired of people thinking the government must always be involved. Democide.
  • Most if not all abortion I do not agree with and definitely not funded by tax payers. If you want to be irresponsible and then kill your own seed; then at least pay for it yourself. No offense to anyone, but it offends me.

I didn't make marriage vows to God.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

OR

If God ever existed at all, it seems as though he abandoned the entire planet.