• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Flowroute sell my email?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Last Sunday I used an important email address to try to create a flowroute account. Since then I've received a spate of phishing attempts, and someone tried to log in to my FB account, too.

Flowroute sells phone lines that service IP phones. Its supposed to be very big, almost a utility company, and the oldest of the SIP providers.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Last Sunday I used an important email address to try to create a flowroute account. Since then I've received a spate of phishing attempts, and someone tried to log in to my FB account, too.

Flowroute sells phone lines that service IP phones. Its supposed to be very big, almost a utility company, and the oldest of the SIP providers.

Either it's a coincidence, or they sold your email. You'll probably never know.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

My personal thoughts and I don't have any hard evidence to support it but I think a lot of companies have rogue employees that sell personal information to the highest bidder.

My wife and I have had mobile phones for years and rarely used them, we always gave the land line number to companies, we'd never had a spam call on the mobiles. Last year we got rid of the land line so changed our numbers with banks, doctors etc etc, now spam calls and texts are pretty much a daily occurrence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Something needs to be done about companies selling people's private information. If they want to do that, then that person should be paid royalties or opt out.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Horrible. I hate spam
Ca. 6 years ago, I got at least 6 spams daily (2000 yearly !!!) and got sick of it, so I found the perfect solution ... 0 spam since then:). And even better "IF a company sells my email THEN I know it immediately, and for sure I let them know that I know and that they might not be happy if I spread my knowledge"

Did Flowroute sell my email?

My guess "YES"
Either it's a coincidence, or they sold your email. You'll probably never know.
Wrong. It's very easy to find out whether they did it or not:)

exchemist

Veteran Member

I would definitely complain to Flowroute about that. It seems most unlikely to be coincidence.

But they should not be selling your personal contact information without your permission. That would be illegal, surely? More likely there is a data breach of some kind. They ought to be just as interested as you in getting to the bottom of it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But they should not be selling your personal contact information without your permission. That would be illegal, surely? More likely there is a data breach of some kind. They ought to be just as interested as you in getting to the bottom of it.

That's my thoughts. Selling anyone's personal data ought to be illegal.