• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did David believe we go to heaven when we die?I think the bible implies he did.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
This is a very important aspect to keep in mind!

Most of these scholars, ie., leaders of Christendom, also teach that supporting one’s country during times of war is ok. This, too, is far from the truth!
1 John 3:10-15
The laity in Christendom are so misled by their clergy leaders. IMO
I spoke directly to one church leader (Oneness Apostolic) and he gave a great illusive answer:
  • ‘You don’t have to listen to anything I say!’
That’s a brilliantly duplicitous response since then I can’t question him and expect a valid answer about anything that he preaches!!!

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
There has to be a balance.
Almighty God does not tell us [in the Bible] not to defend ourselves against evil.
Indeed, the gospel says to:
  • ‘Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Eph 6:11)
And though it is not straight from God, if is a Godly thing to do!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
There has to be a balance.
Almighty God does not tell us [in the Bible] not to defend ourselves against evil.
Sounds like an attempt to thwart Jesus’ words to me, sorry. At no time does defense require killing. Only an offensive position; and even then, many times it doesn’t require killing.

Exactly how could Christ’s followers be identified by love (John 13:35), if they’re killing their brothers in the wars of the world? Christians are to be “not of (no part of) this world (John 15:19; John 17:14)”; James 4:4 expresses it more profoundly, IMO.

Take care, my cousin.

muhammad_isa

..At no time does defense require killing. Only an offensive position; and even then, many times it doesn’t require killing.
I don't agree.
Are you suggesting that if "an atheist nation", for example, is bombing your citizens, that you should not retaliate by bombing their air-bases .. that is, if they refuse to make peace with you?

just as John the Baptist and David had a portion of God’s spirit but were not called to be part of the heavenly kingdom, the same is true with many Christians today. They have dedicated their lives to God and been baptized in water. However, they recognize that they have not been given the hope of living in heaven.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I don't agree.
Are you suggesting that if "an atheist nation", for example, is bombing your citizens, that you should not retaliate by bombing their air-bases .. that is, if they refuse to make peace with you?
First of all, I must point out that you didn’t answer my question. (“Exactly how could Christ’s followers be identified by love (John 13:35), if they’re killing their brothers in the wars of the world?”)

Second of all, why do you use the term, “atheist nation”? Was Germany an “atheist nation” when it attacked Poland, overran France, etc., in WWII? Was Iraq considered an atheist nation when it attacked Iran in 1980? And the list goes on….

So let’s be honest. Atheist nations don’t have a monopoly on starting wars. Simply having a belief in God by itself doesn’t restrain one from killing. History attests to the fact that religious beliefs have fueled some of the bloodiest and most vicious wars in history.

Now, I can’t speak to how one nation behaves toward another nation…following “the Law of the Christ” has to be an individual’s decision…another person can’t make it for you.

(Oops, I hit the post button accidentally.)
Let me summarize:
All I can say is, obedience to Jehovah’s & His son Jesus’s commands (John 13:34; Matthew 5:44) results in their protection. And if we die (killed) because of our obedience , we are assured of life in the future Resurrection. Revelation 2:10.

I’d rather die obedient, than disobedient.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Second of all, why do you use the term, “atheist nation”? Was Germany an “atheist nation” when it attacked Poland, overran France, etc., in WWII?
No .. the war was about the economy i.e. money
It usually is.

I used an atheist nation as an example .. I made that clear.

if we die (killed) because of our obedience , we are assured of life in the future Resurrection. Revelation 2:10.

I’d rather die obedient, than disobedient.
I agree with you. You should not attack your brother unless he attacks you.
There is no merit in cowardice, either.