• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Christ Have An Ego?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Someone who can walk on water, heal disease, cast out demons, raise the dead, and Himself be resurrected would surely have a claim on being the Son of God.
There's jo evidence of a resurrection. Or cast out demons. Doctors amd shamans have long healed disease. And Ive seen Criss Angel walk on water, amd he's definitely nkt god even though he pulled it off.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The Romans were record keepers. Amd a few resurrections definitely would have caught their attention, especially if many saints all at once did it.

It's hard to know exactly what happened when the graves were opened in an earth quake and some dead folk came out after the resurrection of Jesus. I guess it was another sign for the Jews. Jesus came first for the Jews so they could be in the New Covenant He started. I imagine the dead did not remain around to be questioned. One reason Jesus came was to free captive, and imo this means those captive in sheol/hades amongst other places.
Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me; because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

It's not a law. And law Im referring to is people who do want treated a specific way although others may be offended by the same treatment. But the offending actions are justified by the one who wants treated that way, as the offending actions are "doing unto others as youd have them do u to you." This makes the so-called Golden Rule really more a pieces of gilded feaces.

I know what you are referring to. If people do not want to be offended then they should not offend others once they find out what they are doing is offensive. As I said, the Golden Rule is not there alone as a guideline to how to treat others, it is surrounded by other teachings of Jesus, such as love your neighbour as you love yourself.
The Golden Rule by itself can be misinterpreted but probably only if people are not serious about following Jesus.

He didn't until Isreal or bring the Jews home, he didn't bring the Messianic Age, no more "nation shall not raise sword against nation," amd so many more things he did not do.

From what I understand the Messiah was to come before the temple was destroyed and before the Jews were dispersed again. (Daniel 9:20-27) The Jews threw down the crown of their king when Jesus was killed. (Ps 89: 38-45) and of course refuse to accept that and go on interpreting Messianic prophecy and which passages are Messianic prophecy with a disregard to what Jesus did and fulfilled and that the Christian interpretation of OT Messianic prophecy requires a dead and resurrected Messiah to return to heaven and be given a Kingdom (Dan 7:13,14) and spend time there as citizens are gathered for the Kingdom (Isa 49:6) and then return to judge all and set up the Kingdom in all it's fulness here on earth. (Zech 14:5, Isa 66:15,16)
The whole Messianic prophecy thing is understood a different way by Christians.
When He returns there will be peace.
For the Jews, as for everyone else at that time it won't be a matter of "Will we or won't we accept this guy as the Messiah? There will be no choice about it then.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's hard to know exactly what happened when the graves were opened in an earth quake and some dead folk came out
That right there. That would have caused such a stir people would have wrote about it. The fear and terror, people far and wide as West as the Briton Isles and as far East as China and Japan would have heard about such a thing, especially when word is Rome is vouching it happened. But theres nkt a whisper of it outside the Bible.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Both of you are wrong. God is an imaginary entity and does not exist. Appropriate proverb for it in Hindi:
"Soot na kaāpas, julāhe se lattham latthā!" (Have neither cotton nor thread, but you are having a fight with the weaver). First establish the existence of God.
* Lathha: Bamboo stave. Lattham Latthā: people fighting with bamboo staves.

Lathi Khela, Bengal
country-game-organization-in-dhaka-bangladesh-on-april-12-2019-lathi-picture-id1136479992

Last edited:

Zaha Torte

Right back at you
Yet I'm not the one making claims about other people's Gods or religion.

I think you should take more time to orient yourself with the subject matter if you want to do more than just make uninformed disparaging comments about things you may not understand.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Yet I'm not the one making claims about other people's Gods or religion.

I think you should take more time to orient yourself with the subject matter if you want to do more than just make uninformed disparaging comments about things you may not understand.
The view that one who dislikes [insert my favourite religion here] must be ignorant of it is based in ego.

Or perhaps the reason you don't like Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam etc is because you don't know enough about them.

Zaha Torte

The view that one who dislikes [insert my favourite religion here] must be ignorant of it is based in ego.

Or perhaps the reason you don't like Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam etc is because you don't know enough about them.
I did not say "dislike". I said "making claims".

You did not simply say that you disliked Jesus or Christianity. You said that Jesus was arrogant and your reasoning was because He claimed to be the only way to God.

This is what led me point out the obvious - that it would not be arrogance if it was the truth.

So - you can claim that you don't believe in or like what Jesus said - but you can't claim that He was arrogant - unless you are capable of proving that it is not the truth - which you can't.

If you take the time to learn and understand the Christian perspective of the role of Jesus - you may never believe in or like it - but you'd realize that it is not necessarily arrogance that led Jesus to say what He did.

Brian2

Veteran Member
There's jo evidence of a resurrection. Or cast out demons. Doctors amd shamans have long healed disease. And Ive seen Criss Angel walk on water, amd he's definitely nkt god even though he pulled it off.

The miracles of Jesus were for the sake of the Jews really.
The resurrection was taught from the very start of the teaching of the apostles and disciples and they were prepared to die for the truth of it and did not recant, even the ones who would have been the ones who made it up.
The preaching of the apostles and disciples were also followed by signs and wonders that confirmed the teachings.
But there is no absolute proof of these things.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That right there. That would have caused such a stir people would have wrote about it. The fear and terror, people far and wide as West as the Briton Isles and as far East as China and Japan would have heard about such a thing, especially when word is Rome is vouching it happened. But theres nkt a whisper of it outside the Bible.

Probably because it was not something that happened in public. It would be like people claiming to have seen ghosts and no doubt there would not have been a bunch of them that went to the authorities to report it. And if they did report it to the Jewish authorities, that would have been a dead end anyway from what we hear of them in the gospels.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Both of you are wrong. God is an imaginary entity and does not exist. Appropriate proverb for it in Hindi: "Soot na kaāpas, julāhe se lattham latthā!" (Have neither cotton nor thread, but you are having a light with the weaver). First establish the existence of God.
* Lathha: Bamboo stave. Latthqam Latthā: people fighting with bamboo staves.

Lathi Khela, Bengal
country-game-organization-in-dhaka-bangladesh-on-april-12-2019-lathi-picture-id1136479992

The fulfilling of the OT scriptures as witnessed by His followers is a good way to establish the existence of God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Yeah but there is no evidence He did any of those things, but there is plenty of evidence evangelists will lie about miracles to impress gullible folk, just watch this video debunking the miracle of Hiroshima on YouTube

True, I can't compete with your fabrication video.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Humans are composed of the same chemicals that animals are composed of. To suggest that there was a time when the same chemicals acted differently in humans to what they did in animals is just unevidenced pseudoscientific speculation.

True but I don't say that. I say that Adam and Eve were refused any access to the tree of life in the garden of Eden and so died.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Fables establish neither the existence of God nor the mission of Jesus.

Fulfilled prophecies should establish the existence of a God who knows the future.
If you start off with the assumption that the story of Jesus is a myth then of course that eliminates prophecy fulfilment possibilities.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Fulfilled prophecies should establish the existence of a God who knows the future.
If you start off with the assumption that the story of Jesus is a myth then of course that eliminates prophecy fulfilment possibilities.
Prophecies themselves are fake. I think, Jesus as presented in Bible is fake, though there may have been a different real Jesus, a rabbel rouser promising a Jewish kingdom.

danieldemol

Premium Member
So - you can claim that you don't believe in or like what Jesus said - but you can't claim that He was arrogant - unless you are capable of proving that it is not the truth - which you can't.
On that final point we'll have to disagree, because I think the fact that the dogmatic Jesus considered physical death to be caused by sin as opposed to chemical decomposition as attested by the fossil record shows His knowledge was manmade not from God, and once one can see that Jesus knowledge did not come from God any more than yours or mine did, the only place left for His claim to be the only way to God to have come from is the human ego.

Therefore in my opinion it is proven Jesus claim is the result of human ego.