• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Christ Have An Ego?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Was Christ his own person or was he gifted with divine Ego? He went around washing feet and handing out miracles, teaching in parables. Happy Thanks Giving, btw:)......

A ' gratitude of attitude ' of thank's giving we should all cultivate.
Since Christ was born sinless, then I find he was gifted in that he could only sin on purpose.
Adam started out sinless and thus Adam also could only sin on purpose.
Since none of us were born with the original human perfection Adam had before his downfall, we can't be an equal to a sinless Jesus.
Thus, none of us could balance the Scales of Justice for what Adam did.
However, a faithful sinless Jesus could balance the scales for us, and be a ransom for us.
Kind of like Adam sold us into the Pawn Shop of Death and we can't redeem oneself or another, so we need someone who can do that.
Unlike Adam who proved unfaithful in what was least ( Don't eat from God's one-and-only tree ) Jesus, under adverse conditions, proved faithful to death.
So, we can be eternally grateful, eternally thankful, for what Jesus did for us because Jesus' life gives us the opportunity for everlasting life.
Some people called to heavenly life, but the majority of mankind are called to everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Was Christ his own person or was he gifted with divine Ego?
Jesus was totally focused upon correcting the Priesthood, corruption, crime, greed and treachery.
I don't think he was in to himself very much.

He went around washing feet and handing out miracles, teaching in parables.
How many feet did he wash? I'm just surprised that this is your picture of Jesus.
And....handing out miracles? He just did what he did, as needed.

I don't think that Jesus 'taught' anything. I think all his speeches were political. Could you call any US politicians a teacher?

Happy Thanks Giving, btw:)
Have a good time!
In the UK we just have a cold, dark miserable weekend instead...... no fun! :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You talk for yourself!
I am going to spend the whole weekend enjoying NOT eating cranberry sauce.:cool:, just like I do for the rest of the year.:p

Imagine that, chucking your pudding over your dinner.
And having to buy pressies for spoiled grand-kids in November AND December!

And they don't celebrate November 5th, even though they were all here back then!

It don't make sense............. *grumps*

Brian2

Veteran Member
It's easy to understand. It's a very poor basis of morality because morality cannot be properly assessed by what I want. What one person may be OK with, anither may not. This creates a conflict with the Golden Rule, and it permits the one who wants it done to act even if another were to object. "Well, thats how I want to be treated" and the offender is living and justified by the Golden Rule.

It's not really a rule, as in, a law. It goes with a lot of other stuff the Bible tells us about how to live.
I think it does cover the situation you mention for someone who is serious about loving their neighbour, and if you would not like to be treated in a way that offends you.

Someone the Romans executed returns to life, they would have documented it.
Amd the Talmud? Thats a later part, added post Gospels, and thats if it reefers to Christ (would be odd for a religion that outright rejects him).

If the Romans knew about Jesus resurrection and the miracle raising of people from the dead then they would no doubt have written about it. If they thought it was just stories, they may have heard of plenty of miracle stories and not bothered investigation like journalists.

Jesus failed those prophecies. Thus his ego is so over inflated it's arrogance.

I think He succeeded in more prophecies than the Jews want to even admit as being Messianic, including rising from the dead and some of those prophecies that the Jews say He did not fulfil.

wellwisher

Was Christ his own person or was he gifted with divine Ego? He went around washing feet and handing out miracles, teaching in parables.

Happy Thanks Giving, btw:)

View attachment 45670
Photo by Rodolfo Clix from Pexels

Humans have two centers of consciousness. These centers are the inner self and the ego. The inner self is the center of the unconscious mind. The inner self is genetic based in origin and helps define and express our collective nature that defines humans as a species. The inner self controls the operating system of the brain and has a connection to natural instinct. The inner self is what all animals and humans have. It is Adam before the fall.

The ego is much newer in terms of evolution. it is about 6-10K years old and appears to have evolved with civilization. It is unique to humans. It is the center of the conscious mind. The ego is more connected to learned behavior and culture.

Whereas the inner self is timeless; DNA, the ego is more temporal. The two centers are designed to be complimentary, however, ego will power and choice, allows it to choose the opposite of the inner self. For example, the inner self can tell you that your are hungry using chemical feedback and sensory cues. The ego has free will and can sense these cues, but it can postpone these choices by the inner self. This is like a dam in terms of neural energy.

Jesus had both an ego and the inner self; man and god. The ego of the human child would learn the ways of culture. However, like many religious leaders of that era, he would sacrifice his ego to become one with the inner self. His ministry was redefining culture from the inside, out. This came from the god part within. The inner self is as ancient as evolution, and as natural as the DNA. It is connected to the tree of life. The divine ego is the same as the inner self.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If the Romans knew about Jesus resurrection and the miracle raising of people from the dead then they would no doubt have written about it. If they thought it was just stories, they may have heard of plenty of miracle stories and not bothered investigation like journalists.
The Romans were record keepers. Amd a few resurrections definitely would have caught their attention, especially if many saints all at once did it.
It's not really a rule, as in, a law. It goes with a lot of other stuff the Bible tells us about how to live.
I think it does cover the situation you mention for someone who is serious about loving their neighbour, and if you would not like to be treated in a way that offends you.
It's not a law. And law Im referring to is people who do want treated a specific way although others may be offended by the same treatment. But the offending actions are justified by the one who wants treated that way, as the offending actions are "doing unto others as youd have them do u to you." This makes the so-called Golden Rule really more a pieces of gilded feaces.
I think He succeeded in more prophecies than the Jews want to even admit as being Messianic, including rising from the dead and some of those prophecies that the Jews say He did not fulfil.
He didn't until Isreal or bring the Jews home, he didn't bring the Messianic Age, no more "nation shall not raise sword against nation," amd so many more things he did not do.

MNoBody

according to the account the christ is depicted as being a man the same as every man, and a man[womb-man as well] has not been born that does not have an ego, so to speak ....
it had to be depicted as being the same, so average "human" failures could use this character as a role model, which would not work if that one wasn't depicted as being "the least of men"

Brian2

Veteran Member
If Jesus thought He was the only way to God He sure was arrogant.

If He could feed thousands with a few loaves and fish and still storms with a command and walk on water and heal people of leprosy and blindness etc with a word and bring people back to life and rise from the dead, then maybe He was just telling the truth.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Read post #25, then if your question still isn't answered please re-phrase it, because your question seems loaded with the assumption that death did enter the world for humans due to sin. Which is demonstrably incorrect since the lineage traced back through the Bible accounts to Adam only goes back about 6,000 years, we have human fossils that are much much older than that.

Also where in the Bible does it say death entered the world "for humans", as far as I know there was no death at all in the Eden narrative until Adam eats of the fruit.

Since it is just humans that Jesus died for, it was just human death that came through human sin, Adam not trusting what God had told him and eating the fruit.
I do believe human death entered the world because of sin. The genealogies in Genesis are not full and are missing many generations according to many who have studied them.
Fossils of hominids does not necessarily mean they were humans. Man was created when God breathed the breathe of life into Adam to make him in His own image. The body was formed from the earth possibly by evolution in part, imo.

danieldemol

Premium Member
If He could feed thousands with a few loaves and fish and still storms with a command and walk on water and heal people of leprosy and blindness etc with a word and bring people back to life and rise from the dead, then maybe He was just telling the truth.
Yeah but there is no evidence He did any of those things, but there is plenty of evidence evangelists will lie about miracles to impress gullible folk, just watch this video debunking the miracle of Hiroshima on YouTube

danieldemol

Premium Member
Since it is just humans that Jesus died for, it was just human death that came through human sin
Humans are composed of the same chemicals that animals are composed of. To suggest that there was a time when the same chemicals acted differently in humans to what they did in animals is just unevidenced pseudoscientific speculation.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I don't know his motives. But it's very arrogant to claim you are such.

It may just have been the truth.
Someone who can walk on water, heal disease, cast out demons, raise the dead, and Himself be resurrected would surely have a claim on being the Son of God.
People believe they are God in many religions and it is not seen as arrogance. And they have never done any miracles and can't even remember being God.
People believe humans are possibly the top animal in the universe these days and so are their own Gods. Is that arrogance?