• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Aquinas Prove That God Exists?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I didn't misquote you. You evaded my question, for a second time. You seem very intent on not giving an inch in this conversation, to me or anyone else on the thread, which is growing rather old. You made a generalization, which I pointed out applies to pretty much everyone. That's not a misquote.

I'm going to bow out of continuing this conversation with you, first because I think there's a language barrier hindering us, and two because you don't seem terribly interested in an actual conversation, you simply wish to make declarations, which is ironic.
Join the club. ;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't know what "Word of G-d" means to you. In the Scholastic worldview, no, knowledge of God's existence isn't "relative," it is deduced from our knowledge of other things. That's the whole point of the argument.
Those who believed in G-d were not philosophers using reason alone. They were those who got Direct Revelation from G-d, and they were so certain of Him that they had not reason to deny Him, they were obedient to Him, they entirely submitted to Him and were successful persons .
Example:
Moses

Right, please?

Regards