1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Did Adam and Eve have Navels?

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by The Reverend Bob, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +949
    Religion:
    Christian
    The placenta is a temporary organ that connects the developing fetus via the umbilical cord to the uterine wall - Wikipedia topic - placenta

I believe I need a scientific statement since this is not usual high school biology and I was not a biology major in college. Obviously in a clone there is no uterine wall and certainly none in Adam..

2. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +949
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe it is the Word of God who knows all things not mythology.

3. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10,912
    Religion:
    None
    You are entitled to believe whatever you want

4. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +949
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe you have contradicted yourself. If they are first the there are none before them, so no parents.

I believe Adam and Eve are clones of an extinct race from c 30,000 year previous. The gods called them Human but it was not meant to be a description of all living people at the time. There is evidence that other races predate this race but I doubt there is enough information to be certain.

5. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +949
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe you have said that before and my answer is still the same. I expect my beliefs to have a sound foundation and do not feel I am entitled to them unless they do.

6. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +949
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe mine keeps my insides from falling out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10,912
    Religion:
    None
    I would ask you to describe this foundation and then present evidence but i really cant be bothered, needless to say, there is a reason why they are called beliefs

8. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +911
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Where do you get the idea that they were clones of anything??? What scientific evidence do you have of this?

Humanity evolved from the earliest self replicating cell that existed billions of years ago. Y chromosome Adam and Mitochondrial Eve are nicknames for the oldest common ancestrial male and female to the human race that science can genetically determine. They did not live at the same time, nor does it mean they did not have parents, since they evolved from earlier primates.