• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Adam and Eve have Navels?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
And if they did why did they have them?

aa-Cover-paarpq03ip4drvdjqlfo417bk4-20170825105003.jpeg

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Well, if Eve was a transgender clone, then she would have one, as the formation of a placenta is part of the development of a clone.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
No, they didn't. The belly button is a product of attachment to the umbilical cold. First humans, no navel. Geeze, didn't anyone watch Kyle XY? Another thing, Eve is not a transgender clone. Adam was a double-sided (the word "rib" also refers to the side of a Jewish temple) being. One side male, the other female.

An obscure passage about Lilith makes this clear. Adam was a macho man and always wanted to be on top. This just seems normal, until you realize that this is the first creation of man (remember, only the second has divided humans). In other words Lilith wanted to be in the male side too, but Ada only let her be female.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
That is interesting. Do you have source for that?
God is said to have created Eve from Adam's flesh, no? (Instead of out of the ground, as Adam is said to have been.) If you create a being from someone's flesh, is that not a clone? Since Eve was a woman, she would be transgender, as she originated from male flesh, no?

As for part of the development of a clone being the development of a placenta along with the being--that's basic biology. Even in a five day old blastocyte, you can see the separation--the inner cell mass develops into the being, and the outer outer layer, the trophoblast, develops into the placenta.
Blastocyst - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, they didn't. The belly button is a product of attachment to the umbilical cold. First humans, no navel. Geeze, didn't anyone watch Kyle XY? Another thing, Eve is not a transgender clone. Adam was a double-sided (the word "rib" also refers to the side of a Jewish temple) being. One side male, the other female.

An obscure passage about Lilith makes this clear. Adam was a macho man and always wanted to be on top. This just seems normal, until you realize that this is the first creation of man (remember, only the second has divided humans). In other words Lilith wanted to be in the male side too, but Ada only let her be female.

Genetic Adam and Eve most certainly did have navels, the biblical characters are mythology so its up to the individual what they want to believe

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If Adam is the oldest common male of the human race, and Eve is the oldest common female of the human race, then yes they had navals, since they had parents and were born naturally. They were also born at different times in history.

David T

Premium Member
For contemplation and collecting lint.
See i left that open for interpretation. Davids holy scipture!!!! Now we can debate as to the merits of your interpretations. Eventually we can discuss "is it free will that we have our belly buttons or predestination to have our belly buttons! I must say belly button, rather than navel, one sounds cute the other like an orange. And we can debate that as well!!!! Besides my lady friend prefers belly button to navel. So there, Emperical proof.