• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dianic Cosmology

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Whoohooo! I have a question! *happy dance*

Though I'm afraid that I might not have an answer. :( The Cosmology seems to be specific to the branches of Dianic faith that focus heavily on ritual work, so my answer will probably lacking in knowledge. Comparing and contrasting to my own spiritual work, I would say that the main difference seems to be in where the balance is seen to be placed. In the Eastern Oriental yin/yang idea, the world is inherently balanced and it seems to be seen as being the most harmonious arrangement, to have things equal out. My perception of my particular take on my path is more that, while harmony is perfect in some situations, it's not always the one that's condusive to growth, learning and to prevent stagnation. The trick is to use oneself as the balance that's not always inherent in the world.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Feathers in Hair said:
Whoohooo! I have a question! *happy dance*

Though I'm afraid that I might not have an answer. :( The Cosmology seems to be specific to the branches of Dianic faith that focus heavily on ritual work, so my answer will probably lacking in knowledge. Comparing and contrasting to my own spiritual work, I would say that the main difference seems to be in where the balance is seen to be placed. In the Eastern Oriental yin/yang idea, the world is inherently balanced and it seems to be seen as being the most harmonious arrangement, to have things equal out. My perception of my particular take on my path is more that, while harmony is perfect in some situations, it's not always the one that's condusive to growth, learning and to prevent stagnation. The trick is to use oneself as the balance that's not always inherent in the world.

Can you give me an example a situation where oneself is the balance......puaeese....:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! I'm sorry, Victor! :hug: I somehow missed this!

For example, if you're trying to help a small plant to grow, you might 'balance' yourself between a tree and the plant. (Spiritually, but doing so physically also helps.) Envisioning the strength and power of the tree flowing through yourself and into the plant can take balance. It's like picturing yourself as a lever- you're not doing the work yourself, but it's being done through you.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Feathers in Hair said:
Ack! I'm sorry, Victor! :hug: I somehow missed this!

For example, if you're trying to help a small plant to grow, you might 'balance' yourself between a tree and the plant. (Spiritually, but doing so physically also helps.) Envisioning the strength and power of the tree flowing through yourself and into the plant can take balance. It's like picturing yourself as a lever- you're not doing the work yourself, but it's being done through you.

Sorry if I'm asking too much but I'm genuinely curious....:eek:

Can you give me an example as it relates to people and relationships?

I can't really sense the power you speak of so I'm just looking for something I can relate to more.....:)

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I think Meggie-Pooh means that we are like mediums. For example, all life comes from a higher power (some will disagree), but a baby usues the DNA of it's parents to take shape and then be born unto the earth.

I have no idea if that's what she means. I could be wrong.

Probably she means that we must BE the change that we want to see in the world. I wonder if I sound like I'm babbling. I'm sleepy and light-headed.

Random

The first comsic principals of the Male and Female are in each of us, man and woman alike, in quantity and measure: the key for the wiccan or Goddess-worshipper is to unite these twin natures in each person and thus bring them into balance and harmony with the forces that assail them, right Meggie?

*Here's Godlike hoping that's what is meant* :rainbow1:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I don't know...maybe she means like how Feng Shui states that there must be a balance of yin and yang to have a harmonious environment; to have positive energy around us. If that energy is out of balance, we must do something to restore the order. For eg. when our work piles up and the place is cluttered, this blocks energy from flowing freely, so we do what we should - clear up our desks and do our work and the energy flows more freely once again.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Feathers in Hair said:
Sorry I'm taking so long, everyone! Just pulling together the last of my schoolwork for the semester!

That's okay. You're in such demand here that we don't mind waiting.