1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diabolicon of Saint Michael Aquino

Discussion in 'Religious Books and Scriptures' started by EtuMalku, Jun 25, 2016.

1. EtuMalku

EtuMalku MERCURÆN LUCIFERIAN

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    The Diabolicon is a series of statements from Satan, Beelzebub, Azazel, Abaddon, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Belial, and Leviathan. In 1970, while he was serving with the U.S. military during the Vietnam War, Aquino was stationed in Bến Cát in South Vietnam when he authored a tract entitled "Diabolicon" in which he reflected his growing divergence from the Church of Satan's doctrines. In this tract, teachings about the creation of the world, God, and humanity are presented, while also conveying a dualistic idea of Satan complementing God.

"Through his readings of Milton’s Paradise Lost Aquino felt inspired to write another work entitled The Diabolicon. this manuscript was created under the most difficult of combat circumstances. Part of it was even destroyed by enemy fire at one point! For Aquino there was something different about the way The Diabolicon was written: “As I wrote sequential passages, I seemed to sense, rather than determine what they should say ” By the middle of March the manuscript was finished and sent off to the High Priest LaVey quickly responded: “I received The Diabolicon safely. It is indeed a work which will have a lasting impact It is done in an ageless manner and with complete awareness."

- Dr. Stephen Flowers (Lords of the Left Hand Path)

http://tikaboo.com/library/diabolicon.pdf

• Like Like x 2
  2. Burl

Burl Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Religion:
    unspecified
    No results found for "Saint Michael Aquino ". (google)

3. EtuMalku

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    That was kinda like my little twist to his name . . . he can be found under Lt. Col. Dr. Michael A. Aquino

4. Mestemia

Mestemia Advocatus Diaboli
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,287
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Burl

Burl Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Religion:
    unspecified
    It's a good read nevertheless.

6. Sutekh

Sutekh Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +174
    Religion:
    Order of the Serpent
    I remember reading his essay the diabolicon a while back, I felt some spirituality actually after reading it.

7. Mindmaster

Mindmaster False Troll-King On Permanent Vacation in Hades
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Religion:
    We are Legion
    I'm just not really into Aquino's ideas, and many of them are incompatible with mine and my experiences. The Diabolicon is an obvious work of fiction, and for that reason, I disregard it - similar to the Book of Coming Forth By Night. I read both very carefully, and kept thinking: "yeah right", the entire time. :p

8. EtuMalku

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    You don't find all religious scripture to be fictional?

#8 EtuMalku, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sutekh

Sutekh Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +174
    Religion:
    Order of the Serpent
    Whether or not you may not like Dr. Aquino, he seems to be a very remarkable and an intelligent person. The diabolican in my own opinion was not designed to be like a holy bible primarily. It was mainly his own creative essay, even LaVey liked the diabolican.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EtuMalku

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    It's ok . . . I don't like Druidry and can't see what the LHP has to do with it!

11. Sutekh

Sutekh Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +174
    Religion:
    Order of the Serpent
    I personally do not know a lot about druidry myself.

#11 Sutekh, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  12. Mindmaster

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Religion:
    We are Legion
    Oh, I don't think he's dumb at all. Not what I am getting at. I just think scriptures are garbage, and I'm not interested. Also, not much of a fan of "religious fiction" either. Anyway, I don't like how Aquino writes, and I know it's just my personal aversion. :p He's too intellectual and often completely is at odds of direct spiritual experiences, which tends to make me think he doesn't have them. ;P

13. Sutekh

Sutekh Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +174
    Religion:
    Order of the Serpent
    I tend to agree with you on his writings, at times I may not even understand him. But on spiritual experiences, whether or not you may not agree with his beliefs I do think that Dr. Aquino has the experience of spirituality in his own view. We may at times have an experience that we cannot explain to the outside of what we sensed or seen.

14. Mindmaster

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Religion:
    We are Legion
    It doesn't, it's more a way of looking at things spiritually sans dogma. I'm not LHP-only at all because it is boring! :D They mostly spend their time trying to proof how spooky and ubermensch they are, and that makes them no fun at parties. So, I've gutted out the bits that matter and rejected the rest with a fat rubber stamp. Life is far too short to deal with the second best of anything.

15. Mindmaster

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Religion:
    We are Legion
    No in an absolute sense, but the mainstream ones I view as little more than a distraction. I've not actually seen a religious text that presents an accurate model of the spiritual side of things as I see them, so I call question to a great many things. I largely form my opinions on direct experiences rather than some philosophical ramblings, half-truths, or idealism. (Not interested in any of the above...) I'm also not interested in so-called morality, convincing myself that I am not a part of the macrocosm and microcosm around me and that I am some special snowflake for being that way. I try to keep myself bias free so I can actually experience the nature of things around me vs having a head full of irrelevant claptrap. Where I divulge it is along these lines. Druidry really doesn't specify a religion as much as a philosophical point, just to explain the early post. It is more of a respect of nature, and cultivating an awareness to one's connection to it. Not for everyone, but w/e. It really has nothing to do with LHP, just is something else I am into. :)

16. EtuMalku

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    The WLHP'ers I know spend their time Individuating and communing with their higher Self . . . the others as you mentioned, they are into pageantry and drama.
    The WLHP is a lot of work and no place for posers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EtuMalku

Ratings:
    +792
    Religion:
    H☿D
    On the WLHP it is important to respect and utilize the objective universe (nature), but it stops there. There is no reverence for what is nothing more than a mechanism / process void of intellect and spirit, the WLHP seeks to separate from this in order to know one's isolate consciousness.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Adramelek

Adramelek Setian
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,808
    Religion:
    Covenant of Set ☥⛧☥ Order of the Serpent
    I have always liked the writings of Dr. Michael Aquino, I've learned a lot from the man and I have actually been in correspondence with him lately. When I first heard him describe what he felt and experienced during the Working of the Book of Coming Forth by Night I was saying to myself 'exactly, this is very similar to the presence I felt and experienced when I first invoked Set' way back when. :smileycat:

• Like Like x 1
  19. crossfire

crossfire Antinomian feminist heretic troll ☿
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,163
    Religion:
    ☿ Mercuræn Buddhist & Ordained Pastafarian
    Yeah, it is a lot of work. I still have to get to the Qliphoth VI working. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adramelek

Adramelek Setian
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,808
    Religion:
    Covenant of Set ☥⛧☥ Order of the Serpent
    I have always found "The Diabolicon" to be a fascinating and inspiring symbolic portrait, from the Satanic perspective, of the Universe, the Prince of Darkness, his relationship with mankind, and the Bond of the Gift of the Black Flame.

• Like Like x 1