• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diabolic/Evilist Devil Worship

lastsplash00

Hi,

I've always wondered what theistic exact groups outside of the ONA and a few newer sects have had clear solid texts of some sort of RHP purely diabolical sect of devil worship. Most preferably not recent and pre-lavey if possible.

I've skimmed through a number of books including ones on the hellfire club and black arts a few others and I'm still searching as of now. I've heard of Ophite Cultus Satanas but i can't find any texts on this subject.

I am just asking out of interest and I am not an advocate for those beliefs.

Would be appreciated if anyone knows.

Yadon

As per the Ophite group you mentioned, they are not going to be evil worshipers.

If your looking for an "evilist" group, your out of luck. Turns out extremely few people like to seriously worship something they consider to be truly evil.

Though evil is subjective, and what you might consider evil might be practiced by many traditions around today, but as far as Satanism is concerned your not going to find any "evilists" groups that are actually serious about their belief in Satan or commitment to doing evil. Even the ONA groups cared more about hedonism then Anton Long's political goals. Which is kind of the ironic part about it; the ONA was a fabrication that started to further his ideas. Only later did actual ONA or ONA inspired groups pop up, and each one of them failed to do much of anything.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Most people who worship a deity others consider evil do not view the situation as such. As such a Theistic Satanist is evil because they are "breaking the rules" of typical organized religions and society, but they themselves aren't acting this way to be perceived as 'baddy.'

Theistic Satanism is Lavey-Satanism's misunderstood older brother. There is no right hand path leaning, nor accepted dogma at least in the terms of traditional Satanists. It is perhaps wrong to use the words 'faith' or 'belief' because typically the process is more 'discovery'. There are a set of hands on processes that allow you to experience certain things and they work if followed, but that being said some people are poor students or disinterested. There is a religious element, but this sort of spirituality is not like what Christians are involved with. There is no butt kissing, but rather a mutual respect. If Christianity is about groveling what do you ultimately think this sort of Satanism would be like? Ahh, you can probably put the pieces together from that much discussion. True Satanism is a level of freedom most people cannot even mentally comprehend. Satan isn't the one that requires you to lay prostrate and whine -- Satan is with you in action, but does not judge. It's the freedom I guess that is different from other proper religions more than anything.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Are you talking about people who have worshiped the Christian concept of Satan as evil manifest? If so, yes - there's been people who have worshiped that, or claimed to worship it. Those types are typically mentally ill with anti-social issues and are criminals. There's lots of murderers who have believed such things.

But as far as texts from those groups go? Not so much.

Mortose

Dark Adept
My group comes close to touching and even exploring things considered "evil". Though I do not believe in evil; it is a matter of personal perception.

BrightWhites

I dont feel that it is remarkably satanist to believe in evil.
Let no one justify their actions on "good" or "justice" or "fairness" or any other vague concept. If an action is taken it has to be explained logically if one considers themselves the illuminator and advesary rather than the oppressor. Historically speaking, those who worshipped evil were not someone mentally sound enough to write anytning worth reading.

Grimoires? from earlier times.. It is fascinating to think what would be the result of being a Satanist in the middle ages.. I guess people had to be it in quiet, but I do belive they probably existed. Black books or grimoires, are they all myths?