• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howdy folks!

Not sure if any of y'all remember me but I was a frequent poster on here for a bit and decided I might come back on and do some more posting.

Lately I've been continuing my Dharma practice. I am becoming increasingly convinced that there is a mystical thread that runs through all religions and ties them all together. Now I wouldn't say that this means all religions are exactly the same but I think pretty much any of them can be used to reach peace and God or whatever our end goals are.

I have come to believe that God comes to us as we approach God. Male or Female, neither etc. I also think there is a spot for everyone at the table but that keeping to our traditions can be important and we need not give up tradition. I think the best way to describe it is tuning ourselves to God, actions have different results and some of them bring us closer to God/Peace and others push us a different way. It's less about moral or immoral and rather more about what we wish our result to be. If you want to try embracing the world in entirely materialistic means that is fine and I don't think we should judge folks for that.

The more I've meditated and the more I've prayed I have found that certain things seem to click into place. I still worship God in the forms of Kali, Krishna and Shiva with a heavy focus on Kali as she is my chosen divinity. That being said I think you can approach the divine in a rather infinite set of forms and just about any of them works. I also have a statue of Christ now ( more to honor St.Francis and Meister Eckhart than anything else) A small wooden carving of Guru Nanak and a Statue of Surya.

I've also come to believe that how we perceive the divine will depend on our own perceptions and feelings. Maimonides will view things through his cultural lens just as much as Rumi might. You can't exactly stop people from choosing their traditions as the lens through which they view the divine. I may think that all these mystics point to the same divine but that doesn't mean if I individually asked them they would say they are all talking about the same thing.

I've also discovered a love for Meister Eckhart and Rumi. I've been reading Rumi's poetry quite a bit and learning more about different Sufi ideas. I have a book on Ibn Ajiba talking about oneness that I have just started reading and find rather interesting so far. I have also continued to reread the Gita and the Tao te Ching on a regular basis.

This all led to me starting a youtube channel where I played games and sometimes talked about my spirituality. I find it to be a lot of fun as I combine the two.

I would say daily prayer and meditation have been amazing for me and my connection to the divine. I've taken to chanting the name of Kali and Waheguru as well as meditating on Kali pretty much every day. It's been a rather interesting ride!

I just felt like sharing all of that with you guys. It's nice to pop back in.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Howdy folks!

Not sure if any of y'all remember me but I was a frequent poster on here for a bit and decided I might come back on and do some more posting.

Lately I've been continuing my Dharma practice. I am becoming increasingly convinced that there is a mystical thread that runs through all religions and ties them all together. Now I wouldn't say that this means all religions are exactly the same but I think pretty much any of them can be used to reach peace and God or whatever our end goals are.

I have come to believe that God comes to us as we approach God. Male or Female, neither etc. I also think there is a spot for everyone at the table but that keeping to our traditions can be important and we need not give up tradition. I think the best way to describe it is tuning ourselves to God, actions have different results and some of them bring us closer to God/Peace and others push us a different way. It's less about moral or immoral and rather more about what we wish our result to be. If you want to try embracing the world in entirely materialistic means that is fine and I don't think we should judge folks for that.

The more I've meditated and the more I've prayed I have found that certain things seem to click into place. I still worship God in the forms of Kali, Krishna and Shiva with a heavy focus on Kali as she is my chosen divinity. That being said I think you can approach the divine in a rather infinite set of forms and just about any of them works. I also have a statue of Christ now ( more to honor St.Francis and Meister Eckhart than anything else) A small wooden carving of Guru Nanak and a Statue of Surya.

I've also come to believe that how we perceive the divine will depend on our own perceptions and feelings. Maimonides will view things through his cultural lens just as much as Rumi might. You can't exactly stop people from choosing their traditions as the lens through which they view the divine. I may think that all these mystics point to the same divine but that doesn't mean if I individually asked them they would say they are all talking about the same thing.

I've also discovered a love for Meister Eckhart and Rumi. I've been reading Rumi's poetry quite a bit and learning more about different Sufi ideas. I have a book on Ibn Ajiba talking about oneness that I have just started reading and find rather interesting so far. I have also continued to reread the Gita and the Tao te Ching on a regular basis.

This all led to me starting a youtube channel where I played games and sometimes talked about my spirituality. I find it to be a lot of fun as I combine the two.

I would say daily prayer and meditation have been amazing for me and my connection to the divine. I've taken to chanting the name of Kali and Waheguru as well as meditating on Kali pretty much every day. It's been a rather interesting ride!

Oh hey!!
Nice to see you’re doing well
Also
upload_2022-9-16_21-32-16.gif

PearlSeeker

Howdy folks!

HI. Isn't talking about tuning to God(s) also cultural conditioning?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Hey there! I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago! It's amazing how that works out...

Lately I've been continuing my Dharma practice.

Excellent.

I think the best way to describe it is tuning ourselves to God, actions have different results and some of them bring us closer to God/Peace and others push us a different way. It's less about moral or immoral and rather more about what we wish our result to be

I agree. When it comes to vegetarianism, for instance, for me, it is not so much a moral matter as it is a spiritual matter. I abstain from eating animal flesh because I want a mind that is conducive to deep spiritual attainment.

I still worship God in the forms of Kali, Krishna and Shiva with a heavy focus on Kali as she is my chosen divinity

That's great, man! Lately, I have been meditating on Bhuvaneśvarī, who is one of the other Mahāvidyās, like Kālī.

I also have a statue of Christ now ( more to honor St.Francis and Meister Eckhart than anything else) A small wooden carving of Guru Nanak and a Statue of Surya.

Sounds nice.

I've been reading Rumi's poetry quite a bit and learning more about different Sufi ideas.

Do you have a copy of Rumi: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets Series)? I recommend that particular anthology. I used to have a copy when I was in my early 20s.

I'm very sure it has been! Meditating on your iṣṭa every day is a commendable practice.

Namaste.

HI. Isn't talking about tuning to God(s) also cultural conditioning?
In a sense yes. The divine is ultimately infinite and we are creatures of the finite when it comes to our perceptions. We can use certain cultural norms and the idea of gods to tune to that ultimate divine but should be aware that the images we use are not the actual fullness of the divine if that makes sense.

Hey there! I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago! It's amazing how that works out...

I will check out that edition of the works of Rumi! It is funny how things work out like that. Best wishes to everyone and their practices of course. Kali is just the bestest for me but everyone has their own point of focus.

Excellent.

I agree. When it comes to vegetarianism, for instance, for me, it is not so much a moral matter as it is a spiritual matter. I abstain from eating animal flesh because I want a mind that is conducive to deep spiritual attainment.

That's great, man! Lately, I have been meditating on Bhuvaneśvarī, who is one of the other Mahāvidyās, like Kālī.

Sounds nice.

Do you have a copy of Rumi: Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets Series)? I recommend that particular anthology. I used to have a copy when I was in my early 20s.

I'm very sure it has been! Meditating on your iṣṭa every day is a commendable practice.

Namaste.