• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Devastating Dorian

nPeace

Veteran Member
My heart goes out to all who may have been, or are right now being affected by Hurricane Dorian, or those with family and friends in Grand Bahamas, and nearby.
This is one devastating system.

Has anyone been tracking this system, and does anyone feel like I do, that its predicted and plotted path, as well as its speeds seem rather strange.
The system has slowed to i mph, after spending some time at 5 mph from its start of lashing the Bahamas Islands. This seems expected, if is is to make an almost sharp right angle turn up the coast off Florida. Going at greater speeds, it would have been impossible to make that swing as was predicted, and it would have slammed Florida, and ripped through parts of the US, heading Northward.

Of course, we would not want that either, but these details seem quite peculiar to me.
Anyone else?

ecco

Veteran Member
Has anyone been tracking this system, and does anyone feel like I do, that its predicted and plotted path, as well as its speeds seem rather strange.

The Bahamas have long been seedy. Perhaps your god just wanted to teach them a lesson they wouldn't soon forget.

nPeace

Veteran Member

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
My heart goes out to all who may have been, or are right now being affected by Hurricane Dorian, or those with family and friends in Grand Bahamas, and nearby.
This is one devastating system.

The system has slowed to i mph, after spending some time at 5 mph from its start of lashing the Bahamas Islands. This seems expected, if is is to make an almost sharp right angle turn up the coast off Florida. Going at greater speeds, it would have been impossible to make that swing as was predicted, and it would have slammed Florida, and ripped through parts of the US, heading Northward.

Of course, we would not want that either, but these details seem quite peculiar to me.
Anyone else?

I have been tracking Dorian as well as many hurricanes over the past 50 years. I do not consider the predicted and plotted path unusual. The first models showed high pressure keeping Dorian on a more westerly course across Florida. By the time it missed Puerto Rico, and approached the Bahamas the high pressure area had broke down and shifted East moving the steering winds between two high pressure areas setting up a very normal hooking path up the coast and out to sea. There remains a degree of uncertainty as to the path up the coast which is normal.

I have background in meteorology and climate through the study of environmental geology in college.

sooda

Veteran Member
I have been tracking Dorian as well as many hurricanes over the past 50 years. I do not consider the predicted and plotted path unusual. The first models showed high pressure keeping Dorian on a more westerly course across Florida. By the time it missed Puerto Rico, and approached the Bahamas the high pressure area had broke down and shifted East moving the steering winds between two high pressure areas setting up a very normal hooking path up the coast and out to sea. There remains a degree of uncertainty as to the path up the coast which is normal.

I have background in meteorology and climate through the study of environmental geology in college.

It seems to me that the Hurricane is pulled in as barometric pressure falls. At least that's when we knew to get out of Charleston when Hugo was coming.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It seems to me that the Hurricane is pulled in as barometric pressure falls. At least that's when we knew to get out of Charleston when Hugo was coming.

In the old days barometric pressure and wind speed and direction with weather balloons and planes. Still use planes, but satellites are the main info sources.

The area between two high pressure areas is where the barometric pressure is lowest and the steering currents for hurricanes are stronger. This is why Dorien will speed up the coast between two highs.

nPeace

Veteran Member

Okay good, an expert.
So can you explain please, how this high pressure works, and what has caused the hurricane to stay absolutely motionless for hours?
If you have any diagrams, that would be useful.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Okay good, an expert.
So can you explain please, how this high pressure works, and what has caused the hurricane to stay absolutely motionless for hours? If you have any diagrams, that would be useful.

When the hurricanes form in the Atlantic they move West in the Trade Winds. The Trade Winds break up and End when you enter the Caribbean and approach land masses, and Hurricanes slow down. The lack of upper air steering currents in the region of the Caribbean causes the hurricanes to stall, loop and wander The overall tendency of movement North is caused by the Coriolis Effect of the rotation of the hurricane is to curve to the Northeast as they enter the upper air currents around High pressure areas of high barometric pressure. The High Pressure area at first blocked the hurricane, but than weakened and drifted East allowing the hurricane to curve North.

Consider a hurricane like top spinning on a table. Tilting the table would mimic the trade winds and upper air currents. As you tilt the table slightly the top will move and the curving movement will show the Coriolis Effect of the spinning top.

Baseball pitchers rely on this with curve spinning ball pitches.

nPeace

Veteran Member
When the hurricanes form in the Atlantic they move West in the Trade Winds. The Trade Winds break up and End when you enter the Caribbean and approach land masses, and Hurricanes slow down. The lack of upper air steering currents in the region of the Caribbean causes the hurricanes to stall, loop and wander The overall tendency of movement North is caused by the Coriolis Effect of the rotation of the hurricane is to curve to the Northeast as they enter the upper air currents around High pressure areas of high barometric pressure. The High Pressure area at first blocked the hurricane, but than weakened and drifted East allowing the hurricane to curve North.

Consider a hurricane like top spinning on a table. Tilting the table would mimic the trade winds and upper air currents. As you tilt the table slightly the top will move and the curving movement will show the Coriolis Effect of the spinning top.

Baseball pitchers rely on this with curve spinning ball pitches.
Thank you.
Don't get me wrong. I am not disputing any expert opinion, or analysis. Call me skeptical.

I have been tracking hurricanes now for several years, and never saw anything like this - even along this and similar paths. I have notice some strange things though.

I would not be surprised if 5-10 years from now, we hear that certain nations possessed technology, which they used to guide to, slow, and deflect away from. It would be sad to learn that the Bahamas became a sacrifice to a "successful experiment".
Who knows? I'm just thinking out loud.

Do you think it is highly unlikely man can affect a hurricane's movement?

ecco

Veteran Member
Okay good, an expert.
So can you explain please, how this high pressure works, and what has caused the hurricane to stay absolutely motionless for hours?
If you have any diagrams, that would be useful.
Spend 20 minutes watching the weather channel.

ecco

Veteran Member
Thank you.
Don't get me wrong. I am not disputing any expert opinion, or analysis. Call me skeptical.

I have been tracking hurricanes now for several years, and never saw anything like this - even along this and similar paths. I have notice some strange things though.

I would not be surprised if 5-10 years from now, we hear that certain nations possessed technology, which they used to guide to, slow, and deflect away from. It would be sad to learn that the Bahamas became a sacrifice to a "successful experiment".

Do you think it is highly unlikely man can affect a hurricane's movement?

Don't you believe it's God's will where a hurricane goes? Are you suggesting that man can override God's will?

ecco

Veteran Member

That's one of the problems with not wanting to understand science, all kinds of weird things become "possible" in your mind.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Dorian brought to my mind a picture a a freight train.

[GALLERY=media, 9059]D00 by nPeace posted Sep 3, 2019 at 6:28 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 9060]D01 by nPeace posted Sep 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 9061]D02 by nPeace posted Sep 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM[/GALLERY]

I never saw a hurricane dead stopped, that was aiming for NHC, but I did notice some strange swerving away.

[GALLERY=media, 9062]D03 by nPeace posted Sep 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM[/GALLERY]

I'm sorry I didn't collect a record of the activity I noticed, but I have a mental record.

Maybe my mind is just running wild.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Thank you.

Actually, I have, but my experience goes back to the 1950's living in Maryland and spending a lot of time in the Bay and the Coast sailing.

XDo you think it is highly unlikely man can affect a hurricane's movement?

Not likely due to the size and strength of Large hurricanes, and the massive influence of huge weather systems.. Though global warming may effect the size and strength of hurricanes. There factors of the weather in the Eastern Atlantic near Africa that influence hurricanes as they form. There is a very long term not likely possibility that humans can influence these conditions.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Actually, I have, but my experience goes back to the 1950's living in Maryland and spending a lot of time in the Bay and the Coast sailing.

Not likely due to the size and strength of Large hurricanes, and the massive influence of huge weather systems.. Though global warming may effect the size and strength of hurricanes. There factors of the weather in the Eastern Atlantic near Africa that influence hurricanes as they form. There is a very long term not likely possibility that humans can influence these conditions.
Someone did tell me that before.
I guess I just don't put anything past man, and his secret experiments.
Perhaps you are right though. Maybe they are powerless to these monsters, and the only man to ever have power over them would be Jesus Christ.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'm sure most of us already know about cloud seeding, and how long that has been going on. Most probably know too that it was used in war - as is the case with most technology.

We also know of ongoing studies, and experiment to control hurricanes, "for the protection of mankind"... of course. I mean, why would we want to use such a destructive force against even our worst enemy.
We are not that heartless.

I found this article, and thought it useful.
Weather could be controlled using lasers
There is a long history of attempts by scientists to control the weather, including using techniques such as cloud seeding.
In the 1960s the United States experimented with using silver iodide in an attempt to weaken hurricanes before they made landfall. [50 years of experiment, is a long time.]

The USSR was also claimed to have flown cloud seeding missions in an attempt to create rain clouds to protect Moscow from radioactive fallout from the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.

More recently the Russian Air force has also been reported to have used bags of cement to seed clouds.

Before the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, the Chinese authorities used aircraft and rockets to release chemicals into the atmosphere. [and then they say, we are taking care of our earth.]

Other countries have been reported to be experimenting with cloud seeding to prevent flooding or smog.

I don't think man considers anything too big for him.
After all, if they are willing to fight "the big man in the sky", what's a puny little hurricane.

I believe Revelation 11:18, to be true.