• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Destiny predetermined?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
How is that a fact? Even if there would be only two options, if I pick one, I have made the choice. But, I don’t think there is any limits to what I could have chosen.

I never proposed that people do not make choices, but the choices are more limited than people think.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Thus, who we are, seems to me, if not completely, for the most part was not our own choosing.
What do you think?
I believe that we can make moral choices but other than that much of our fate is out of our hands.

“Some things are subject to the free will of man, such as justice, equity, tyranny and injustice, in other words, good and evil actions; it is evident and clear that these actions are, for the most part, left to the will of man. But there are certain things to which man is forced and compelled, such as sleep, death, sickness, decline of power, injuries and misfortunes; these are not subject to the will of man, and he is not responsible for them, for he is compelled to endure them. But in the choice of good and bad actions he is free, and he commits them according to his own will.” Some Answered Questions, p. 248

We are forced to endure them because God set it up that way. What does that say about God?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Please take a look at:
Is Time Linear, or Can the Future Influence the Past?
It adds to the conversation without destroying it.

Not clear. Time is not strictly linear. As far as the past present and future determinism dominates in the outcome of cause and effect events.

The physical nature of our physical existence limits the outcome of ALL cause and effect in nature. The variation in the outcomes in cause and effect events is a natural variation that can be demonstrated by 'Chaos Theory,' which demonstrates the fractal nature of outcomes with many variables like weather, and human choices.